Playing Pc Games On My 240hz Tv

DeevoGold

So I have a 240hz Samsung 46inch lcd tv. I just recently started using it for my main monitor to play my pc games on. I tried pc and game mode on it through the setting for the tv but I top out at 60 FPS and it will not go over that. Am I missing something here or did the wonderful world of marketing dupe me. 

Edit: Also I do have to use Vsync on every game so it does not tear. I also have it hooked up through HDMI, would I benefit at all from using the VGA port for pc gaming on the tv?

You are not missing anything, Your TV is 60Hz. IPS panels can't go over 60Hz properly. If it is a MVA panel, it might be able to do native 120Hz, check your Window settings as suggested above, but if not, it's a 60Hz.

If you watch movies and they look strange and too smooth... this is not a 120Hz or more panel. Your movies and TV are all in ~29fps or 60fps.

The way it works, is that they do tricks. They flicker the backlight fast, and also does an image process where it intrapolate frames in between using an algorithm. This process makes the TV have a realy high input lag, as it needs to wait for the next frame to guess the images in between and make it look like that their is more frames. But it fools you in seeing more frames, and sales a lie to non-aware consumer. The rave all started with 3D TV's that are using shutter glasses (like Nvidia 3D glasses). Because of this, the TV were 120Hz. Consumer saw this as an upside, and demanded that want faster and faster TV. So, it made manufactures that can only produce 60Hz due to technology limit to make a lie of a product essentially (they don't lie, as the frequency doesn't mention if its the back light or the LCD panel, nor how it was measured, so you can't sue them for false advertisement), and people jump on it. Higher the number the better right? Anyway, now it's the norm. There are even 600Hz+ TV's now. Aware consumer just generaly buy them as they have no choice, and at home they go on the TV monitor menu and disable that feature. Now they enjoy a normal, low latency, experience, and everything looks right.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XVV_COOey0E

Trying this right now......It gives a max of 60 hz. Hmmm I will try switching the monitor to PC mode, instead of game mode and see if that changes anything. Nope still only gives a max of 60Hz. 

Well that's pretty damn sitty. If I put it on game mode, games are playable but it would be nice to not cut my graphics card off from its full potential. Stupid marketing and I guess I am a stupid consumer for not doing my home work on this one.

Don't blame yourself. Beide, you can't find a TV anycase at 60Hz, to even give you an opportunity to say: no to this crap claim from manufacture.