Blue Yeti very sensetive

Statik
Go to solution Solved by Pastorcasper 2.0,
16 hours ago, Statik said:

How do I modify the gain settings? I can only enable and disable things on that window.

alright sry i guess that not exactly what i wanted, so open control panel>hardware and sound>manage audio devices>then go to the recording section>right click ur mic and select properties> go to levels tab> adjust from there

Hey guys, so yesterday I installed Voiceemeter Banana just to mess with, and right away it messed up a bunch of stuff so I decided not to waste my time with it and uninstalled (I didnt change anything in the program). Later I joined COD with some friends and they said my mic sounded really weird. After fucking with the knobs and restarting a few times it sounded clear, except my mic was VERY sensitive. I've always had the gain at about 25% and it was perfect, now I have it ALL the way down and it's still very sensitive and picks up keystrokes and the lightest sounds.

Gaming Build:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3800x   |  GPU: Asus ROG STRIX 2080 SUPER Advanced (2115Mhz Core | 9251Mhz Memory) |  Motherboard: Asus X570 TUF GAMING-PLUS  |  RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws DDR4 3600MHz 16GB  |  PSU: Corsair RM850x  |  Storage: 1TB ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro, 250GB Samsung 840 Evo, 500GB Samsung 840 Evo  |  Cooler: Corsair H115i Pro XT  |  Case: Lian Li PC-O11

Peripherals:

Monitor: LG 34GK950F  |  Sound: Sennheiser HD 598  |  Mic: Blue Yeti  |  Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB Platinum  |  Mouse: Logitech G502

Laptop:

Asus ROG Zephryus G15

Ryzen 7 4800HS, GTX1660Ti, 16GB DDR4 3200Mhz, 512GB nVME, 144hz

NAS:

QNAP TS-451

6TB Ironwolf Pro

8 minutes ago, Statik said:

Hey guys, so yesterday I installed Voiceemeter Banana just to mess with, and right away it messed up a bunch of stuff so I decided not to waste my time with it and uninstalled (I didnt change anything in the program). Later I joined COD with some friends and they said my mic sounded really weird. After fucking with the knobs and restarting a few times it sounded clear, except my mic was VERY sensitive. I've always had the gain at about 25% and it was perfect, now I have it ALL the way down and it's still very sensitive and picks up keystrokes and the lightest sounds.

have you checked the microphone "gain" levels in windows?? Type manage input devices into the searchbar to find it

1 hour ago, Pastorcasper 2.0 said:

have you checked the microphone "gain" levels in windows?? Type manage input devices into the searchbar to find it

How do I modify the gain settings? I can only enable and disable things on that window.

Gaming Build:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3800x   |  GPU: Asus ROG STRIX 2080 SUPER Advanced (2115Mhz Core | 9251Mhz Memory) |  Motherboard: Asus X570 TUF GAMING-PLUS  |  RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws DDR4 3600MHz 16GB  |  PSU: Corsair RM850x  |  Storage: 1TB ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro, 250GB Samsung 840 Evo, 500GB Samsung 840 Evo  |  Cooler: Corsair H115i Pro XT  |  Case: Lian Li PC-O11

Peripherals:

Monitor: LG 34GK950F  |  Sound: Sennheiser HD 598  |  Mic: Blue Yeti  |  Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB Platinum  |  Mouse: Logitech G502

Laptop:

Asus ROG Zephryus G15

NAS:

QNAP TS-451

6TB Ironwolf Pro

16 hours ago, Statik said:

alright sry i guess that not exactly what i wanted, so open control panel>hardware and sound>manage audio devices>then go to the recording section>right click ur mic and select properties> go to levels tab> adjust from there

5 hours ago, Pastorcasper 2.0 said:

I cant believe I forgot about that screen. Thanks.

Yeah that got bumped to 100. Sorted now, thanks

Gaming Build:

Peripherals:

Laptop:

Asus ROG Zephryus G15

NAS:

QNAP TS-451

6TB Ironwolf Pro

On 5/7/2020 at 4:00 PM, Statik said:

I cant believe I forgot about that screen. Thanks.

Yeah that got bumped to 100. Sorted now, thanks

np glad i could help, sry for the delayed responses