Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Aliairstinger

4G Module replacement?

Posted · Original PosterOP

I'm expecting the answer to no, but I've been looking at the HTC U19e, however it isn't supported here in the USA (coverage wise) . I was wondering if I could take out the 4g module from the phone and replace with on that supports my region. 

The Snapdragon 710 has an integrated modem, so no, you can't just replace it. Also, the Android version the devices are running are made to run on this specific hardware. So even if you could re-solder the SoC, you most likely would have to somehow modify the Android system. Another problem is the fact that the devices probably even use different antennas based on the frequencies they use.

Ah the perks of being in an exceedingly advanced country like the US

Awareness is key. Never enough, even in the face of futility. Speak the truth as if you may never get to say it again. This world is full of ugly. Change it they say. The only way is to reveal the ugly. To change the truth you must first acknowledge it. Never pretend it isn't there. Never bend the knee.

Please quote my post in your reply, so that I will be notified and can respond to it. Thanks.

Posted · Original PosterOP
2 hours ago, huilun02 said:

Ah the perks of being in an exceedingly advanced country like the US

Is that a good thing or a bad thing? 

18 minutes ago, Aliairstinger said:

Is that a good thing or a bad thing? 

Thats for you to decide

Awareness is key. Never enough, even in the face of futility. Speak the truth as if you may never get to say it again. This world is full of ugly. Change it they say. The only way is to reveal the ugly. To change the truth you must first acknowledge it. Never pretend it isn't there. Never bend the knee.

Please quote my post in your reply, so that I will be notified and can respond to it. Thanks.