Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Kaleb Janzen

Cheap gaming pc parts list

Posted · Original PosterOP

Budget (including currency): 100$ CAD (Canadian dollars)

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Fortnite, Minecraft, Fallout4, Source Film Maker, Team Fortress 2, half life 2, Portal

I am looking to make a gaming pc of my own and I only have  about 100$ and I'm looking for a list of cheap parts I can get from Amazon and some other online stores.

That budget is WAY too low for new. I suggest that you go used, and try to find an old prebuilt with an i5 or i7 (if you're lucky) and add a GPU later. You will not be able to get a decent GPU in that budget.

AMD Ryzen 3 3200G / Sapphire R9 290X / 16gb (2x8) Kingston ValueRam @ 2666Mhz / Gigabyte A320M-S2H / Kingston A400 120GB M.2 SSD / WD Blue 2.5" 1TB HDD / Cooler Master MWE450 / Aerocool CS-100 / Dell P2210 1680x1050 @ 70Hz (OC)

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, Kaleb Janzen said:

*snip*

bro save up, the minium for a gaming pc is about 400, unless you get very very lucky on ebay

Edited by wkdpaul

NOTE: I AM NEVER ALWAYS RIGHT, BUT I AM HAPPY TO HELP ANYWAY I CAN

Tag me @WambleCropped or quote me so I can see your reply

My Rig: RTX 2060, R7 1700X, Samsung 860 500GB, Masterlite Liquid Cooler, Asrock Pro B540,16GB of RAM G.Skill 2133

PSU Tier List                    SSD Tier List                              Graphics Tier List

Nope. Have look at second hand market for that price range. 100 dollars probably can just second hand/business/government ex dell prebuilt like 2nd i3 ... which is not something you want waste. Save up more.

Magical Pineapples

5 minutes ago, Kaleb Janzen said:

Budget (including currency): 100$ CAD (Canadian dollars)

You might be able to find a machine with an i5 2000 or better yet an i7 2000 series for close to that much

then you just need a 1650, or a used RX 470-580 if the PSU is decent.

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, Kaleb Janzen said:

*snip*

Have you browsed the used market, as well as YouTube to know what to buy?  $100 CAD cannot get you a gaming machine with what you'd need to play those games + Peripherals.

Save up another $100-$150 CAD and then you're talking some used finds.

Edited by wkdpaul

Emma : i7 8700K @5.0Ghz - Gigabyte AORUS Z370 Gaming 5 - Thermaltake Water 3.0 Ultimate - G. Skill Ripjaws V 32GB 3200Mhz - Gigabyte AORUS 1080Ti - 750 EVO 512GB + 2x 860 EVO 1TB M.2 (RAID 0) - EVGA Supernova 650 P2 - Fractal Design Define R6 - AOC AGON 35" 3440x1440 100Hz - Mackie CR5BT - Logitech G910, G502, G933 - Cooler Master Universal Graphics Card Holder

Plex : Ryzen 5 1600 (stock) - Gigabyte B450M-DS3H - G. Skill Ripjaws V 8GB 2400Mhz - GeForce 8800GTS 640MB - 840 EVO 256GB + Toshiba P300 3TB - TP-Link AC1900 PCIe Wifi - Cooler Master MasterWatt Lite 500 - Antec Nine Hundred - Dell 19" 4:3

Lenovo 720S Touch 15.6" - i7 7700HQ, 16GB RAM, 512GB NVMe SSD, 1050Ti, 4K touchscreen

MSI GF62 - i7 7700HQ, 16GB 2400 MHz RAM, 256GB NVMe SSD + 1TB 7200rpm HDD, 1050Ti

I have an old Windows xp Dell but when I power it on it beeps 3 times and doesn't work

13 minutes ago, Kaleb Janzen said:

I have an old Windows xp Dell but when I power it on it beeps 3 times and doesn't work

May we see the specs, or perhaps the model? Hopefully you can salvage something from that PC. You might also want to look on Amazon for used Dell Optiplex models, I have seen some great prices for computers that have a core i5 in them, which is great for the budget gaming space. They also fit a standard ATX power supply, which means that you can get some good value out of them when it's time to upgrade.

Trash beauty:

CPU: Xeon X5550

GPU: RX 570 4GB (defective)

SSD: Fattydove Racing 240GB

HDD: WD Blue 320GB

Motherboard: HP Z400

Ram: 6x2GB DDR3 1066

PSU: Corsair TX650

28 minutes ago, Kaleb Janzen said:

Probably just try installing some flavor of linux on it to get it up and running

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

38 minutes ago, Kaleb Janzen said:

1 long beep, 3 short beeps?

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 1700@3.8Ghz Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Sapphire RX 5700 XT RAM: Qidian DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: Biostar X370GT7 case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W

2 minutes ago, Kaleb Janzen said:

3 short beeps and I'll have to check the specs of it

might be a ram issue, you can try replacing it and see what happens.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 1700@3.8Ghz Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Sapphire RX 5700 XT RAM: Qidian DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: Biostar X370GT7 case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W

I can't see the exact specs because it won't work right but it's a Windows Xp professional. Dell OPTIPLEX 745. Also it has Intel Pentium D

I have messed around. With the ram now the beeping stops but it won't display anything and my keyboard and mouse don't turn on

I can't see the exact specs because it won't work right but it's a Windows Xp professional. Dell OPTIPLEX 745. Also it has Intel Pentium D

you can get a Q6600 and 4 sticks of 2gb DDR2 ram, shouldn't cost that much now that the platform is worth nothing.

13 minutes ago, Herman Mcpootis said:

you can get a Q6600 and 4 sticks of 2gb DDR2 ram, shouldn't cost that much now that the platform is worth nothing.

I checked the Q6600 is over 90$ to get a used one and for new about 200$ 

the ram is 30$ for 1 stick of 2gb ddr2 ram

I checked the Q6600 is over 90$ to get a used one and for new about 200$ 

the ram is 30$ for 1 stick of 2gb ddr2 ram

where exactly are you getting those prices? ebay and aliexpress have the Q6600 for $7.

Just now, Herman Mcpootis said:

where exactly are you getting those prices? ebay and aliexpress have the Q6600 for $7.

Newegg and amazon

Also I have an old IBM Windows 98 that should still work 

But I havnt  used my 98 for a few years since I got my xp

I am currently using a laptop Acer Aspire ES15 with 4th of ddr3 L memory and Intel Hd graphics 500

Intel Celeron processor N3350

12 hours ago, Kaleb Janzen said:

Newegg and amazon

Always buy used for old hardware. Amazon and Newegg unfortunately have no good used options for those CPUs.

Like mentioned earlier, a refurbished Dell Optiplex with an i5 is what you want.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k (won) - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Kill Trident Z RGB - Force MP500 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - The venerated Hyper 212 Evo (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G2 650W - Black and green theme, Razer branwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

Linux Proliant ML150 G6:

Dual Xeon X5560 - 24GB ECC DDR3 - GTX 750 TI - old Seagate 1.5TB HDD - Dark moded Ubuntu (and Win7, cuz why not)

How many watts do I need? Seasonic Focus threadUserbenchmark (Et al.) is trash explained, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad