What was the first video game you ever played?

ViruZ_HUN

I feel like an old-fart here. Super Mario Bros. 3 for the NES was prob the first game I played forever ago that made me go YES I LOVE THIS.

First game I truly played (aka sunk more than 20 hours into):

712FMGNX74L.gif

Super Smash Bros Melee

2014 - EVGA 780 SC ACX | 4790K | Asus Sabertooth Z97 Mark 1 | Vengeance DDR3 1600MHz 16GB | RM650 | Be Quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 | VGA248QE | Fractal Define r4

2015 - EVGA 980 | 4790K | Asus Sabertooth Z97 Mark 1 | Vengeance DDR3 1600MHz 16GB | RM650 | NZXT X41 | Asus ProArt 1080p IPS | Fractal Define r4

2017 - MSI Gaming X 1080 Ti | 6600K | Strix z270e | Trident DDR4 3GHz 16GB | RM650 | NZXT X42 | LG OLED B9 | Dell U3415W | Corsair Crystal 460x

2021 - MSI Gaming X 1080 Ti | 5600X | Strix B550-F | Trident Neo DDR4 3.6GHz 32GB | Dark Power Pro 12 1500W | EK AIO Basic 360 | LG OLED B9 | Dell U3415W | Corsair 5000D Airflow

2023 - Asus TUF 4090 | 5800X3D | Strix B550-F | Viper DDR4 3.6GHz 32GB | RM1000x | h150i 360 Elite LCD | LG OLED B9 | Dell U3415W | Corsair 5000D Airflow

Actually. I'm not sure. My favorite video game and maybe in my first 10 video games ever played is Paper Mario. But first one I loved? That's tough. Maybe Super Mario 64. Although I did have an apple III that I played some atari games on a LOT. They were on a floppy. I don't know the names of a lot of them, but I played the crap out of em'.

Hello everyone, I was just curios why you started gaming? I have heard many crazy stories on why you started gaming. Not all people started gaming just to play games. Theres a lot of reasons, so please contribute and this hopefully will be interesting. This is why I started gaming:

I started gaming (not casually) when I was about nine or ten. I had just moved and was not used to the teaching style and the kids. So, one of my friends played this game Minecraft and he was always taking about it so, I bought it. Almost immediately, I would spend hours a day playing this game. Doing minimum homework (not that I had much). I first played single player, then multiplayer. I would excessively play. When I was eleven, it sort of stopped. Then, I got an xbox for my birthday and couldn't stop playing it. I loved call of duty. But then, one day I got introduced to clash of clans and then I switched from Xbox to that game. Finally I started playing Minecraft again, but then I got back into Xbox, but this time MLG. I later realized that I would play video games to get away from the real world, whenever I did something bad in school, I would feel horrible for weeks, even if it was something minor. And when I got on a video game I forgot that, and would be happy again. 

From what I know, a lot of people play video games to get away from the real world. Please explain your story.

I play games because its all I have ever done since I was very little. Plus electronics/Computing in general is something I seem to have real talent in so why resist it :D

plus i am an introvert  :ph34r: 

Intel I9-9900k (5Ghz) Asus ROG Maximus XI Formula | Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4-4133mhz | ASUS ROG Strix 2080Ti | EVGA Supernova G2 1050w 80+Gold | Samsung 950 Pro M.2 (512GB) + (1TB) | Full EK custom water loop |IN-WIN S-Frame (No. 263/500)

I started off quite young (I was born in 1998) on the GameCube with Super Smash Bros. Melee in about 2002. I've been hooked on gaming ever since.

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

Because when I played my first game, it was the late 70's. This was a time when high-tech meant a transistor radio and computers were monolithic things that you saw in movies. I was hooked on the ability to play electronically and the ability to, for a few moments, live in an electronic made up world. I started gaming before I even started going school.

"Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity"

- George Carlin (1937-2008)

Umm... probably because I was bored and I was out of cookies.

There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Just some helpful stuff: You're - You are, Your - Your car, They're - They are, Their - Their car, There - Over there.

Folding @ Home Install Guide and Links | My Build

I started playing PC games at like 4-5 because my brother was into them; I got my somewhat own Computer to use which are windows 98 and it made funny beeping noises at times.

I started gaming because it of my brother and then I got a Ps3 in 2009 and from there I really got into it till now.

Computing enthusiast. 
I use to be able to input a cheat code now I've got to input a credit card - Total Biscuit

Born in 1999, the first game i played was Need for Speed underground 2, it was fun, although i never really got much out of it (I was 2, com'on :P)

Then my mother bought me a Gamecube, Which was nice, she got me Pac Man world 2 (More like for her self, i was like 3 at the time to so i didnt understand games other then the racing ones)

And it came with a game called Racing Evo, i played the hell outta that game for more than 4 years.

After that, i started to get into all of the Need For Speed games, Rented NFSMW, but it was too hard for me (At the time, i was like 4 or 5) and then bough NFSUG2.

From there i got NFS Carbon, NFS Prostreet, and the rest. At that time my mom bought me a Wii (The same year it released. She got the last one they had out of the 6 left, Thanks mom!)

So this explains 2 things, Why i started gaming, and why im aa EA Fanboy. They've been a huge part of my life, i cant stop liking them.

My reason is pretty much the same as the OP's, when I started off gaming I was about 8 (1987 :( I feel old) and use to get bullied a bit at school so my escape was sparking up the old C64 and play games, never really stopped, I went through the console thing, owning all playstations except for the current, had an xbox 360 at one stage but canned it and an old N64, now I do it to relax after 12 hours of work.

MISS HOVER, I ATE MY GLUE!!!!

When I got my PS1 (back in 2000 I think... I can't remember clearly...)... Spent a lot of time playing with it... I still play with it today...

My fiend showed me Minecraft and thats the only game ive every played (for extended periods of time)

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Born in 1999, the first game i played was Need for Speed underground 2, it was fun, although i never really got much out of it (I was 2, com'on :P)

Then my mother bought me a Gamecube, Which was nice, she got me Pac Man world 2 (More like for her self, i was like 3 at the time to so i didnt understand games other then the racing ones)

And it came with a game called Racing Evo, i played the hell outta that game for more than 4 years.

After that, i started to get into all of the Need For Speed games, Rented NFSMW, but it was too hard for me (At the time, i was like 4 or 5) and then bough NFSUG2.

From there i got NFS Carbon, NFS Prostreet, and the rest. At that time my mom bought me a Wii (The same year it released. She got the last one they had out of the 6 left, Thanks mom!)

So this explains 2 things, Why i started gaming, and why im aa EA Fanboy. They've been a huge part of my life, i cant stop liking them.

All of those NFS games were good but I will always have a soft spot for the original need for speed game, don't know why.

MISS HOVER, I ATE MY GLUE!!!!

Back in the day when I would go with my parents over to our neighbor's house for dinners or w/e, the couple there had an Xbox (which was the husband's). He had Halo for the original Xbox, and kept it hidden in a location where the other kids couldn't find it. They had to play the tamer, "safer" games. When they would leave/fall asleep, he would bring Halo out for me and we'd play for a little while.

A bit later, I got Halo for the PC as we didn't have an Xbox, and it all started from there. I found a community to play with, we started a clan and it went on for years. After a few years I transitioned to an Xbox 360 but ultimately switched back to PC where I've had 3 major rig revisions since then.

GW2: Vettexl.9726

I played Super Punch-Out!! and Mario Paint when I was less than 3 years old. I started Majora's Mask when I was 4, and finished when I was 15. I have played countless hours of Tony Hawk games and Super Smash Bro's with my brother. I play video games because it's something that i've always done and always enjoyed.

I started playing Minecraft a few years ago when it was in alpha, and I've played thousands of hours of it. I would play for 6-10 hours a day for almost 2 years.

Gaming is something I've done since I was 3, and it something which I can't see myself drifting away from. It's just something that's part of my everyday life.

INTEL CORE I5 4670K | NVIDIA GTX 980 | NOCTUA NH-L9i | GIGABYTE GA-Z97X-SLI | KINGSTON 120GB V300

CM STORM QUICKFIRE TK | BENQ XL2420TE | ROCCAT SAVU | FRACTAL DEFINE R4

Well it is fun for starters. Also it ties kinda well in with the whole tech/PCs interests thing. And I have been doing it since 4 so yeah.

REMEMBER TO QUOTE SO I GET A NOTIFCATION! Add me on Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Shroomster/ Review(s) more to come

because games are fun and I like fun things

I mean, who doesn't like gaming? :o

My uncle.

Ask why. I dare you.

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

why

He says video games disconnect you from the reality of death and kill your critical thinking skills. *cough cough* portal? *cough cough*

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

I got into real gaming when my dad got me the original Lego Star Wars video game back in 2005.  Before that I played all my games on websites, but that was nothing like true PC gaming.  PC masterrace am I right lol :P 

Want a good game to play?  Check out Shadowrun: http://store.steampowered.com/app/300550/ (runs on literally any hardware)

another 12 core / 24 thread senpai...     (/. _ .)/     \(. _ .\)

I play them mostly when i am bored and its now become more of a social life. for instance me and my friends get on skype or xbox live and talk and play games together mostly battlefield 4 and guns of icarus online

i started playing games when i was just 3 back in 95 on  mac rocking system 7.1 my parents played computer games so i started early.

Rig 1 CPU: 3570K Motherboard: V Gene GPU: Power Color r9 280x at 1.35GHZ  RAM: 16 GB 1600mhz PSU: Cougar CMX 700W Storage: 1x Plexor M5S 256GB 1x 1TB HDD 1x 3TB GREEN HDD Case: Coolermaster HAFXB Cooling: Intel Watercooler
"My day so far, I've fixed 4 computers and caught a dog. Australian Tech Industry is weird."

"It's bent so far to the right, It's a hook."