Wii source code leaked on 4chan after hack on BroadOn servers

46 minutes ago, matt_daemond said:

You underestimate the petty reach of Japanese legal provocation. Nintendo tends to go after just about anyone and everyone that they can.

Doesn't mean they'll get anywhere. It's on Mega already....

I've been feeling like buying a Wii again, it would be more fun now with the prospects of easier hacking and modding.

Phone 1 (Daily Driver): Samsung Galaxy Z Fold2 5G

Phone 2 (Work): Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra 5G 256gb

Laptop 1 (Production): 16" MBP2019, i7, 5500M, 32GB DDR4, 2TB SSD

Laptop 2 (Gaming): Toshiba Qosmio X875, i7 3630QM, GTX 670M, 16GB DDR3

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/5/2020 at 4:40 AM, AndreiArgeanu said:

Then how come they did not attack any of the Wii modding scene. The letterbomb website is still up, and all the websites with software like the USB Loader GX, Nitendont. Wii64 and others that let you play roms from different consoles are still up. To that may I add that there are plenty of websites that contain Wii, Gamecube and Nintendo64 roms for games, I'm not sure how reliable they are but they do exist. I find weird the way Nintendo chooses to over react over certain things throwing lawsuits everywhere but then completely ignore other things.

those have nothing to do with Nintendo's intellectual property. Those are just homebrew applications made with homebrew libraries and legally Nintendo can't do anything about them. If they were made with official libraries and SDKs they could, but they aren't

On 5/4/2020 at 1:01 PM, JZStudios said:

Well, y'know. If the full source code was available they might. Then again, the "official" build is still the garbage 1.4 even though 1.5 has been in development for like 3 years.

I've gotten a library app thing called Spectabis that saves emu settings per game without having to do anything extraneous. I'm so far just copying settings from YT vids or the Wiki and then just run it as is.

I doubt it. Nintendo specifically has gone after emulators multiple times and always lost massively.

Negative. If it goes to court the comparisons need to be made. Nintendo can't just claim that it's duplicated and then have everyone go "Well shit, I guess it is." It needs to actually be compared. So the dev saying it's not the Nintendo code would be matter of course for the case. Nintendo would be forced to show their code either to the dev, or to a third party.

As to modifying code, that might get into something I'm not real privy to, but my immediate comparison would be pop art and Ford windshield wipers, of which both claimants lost the cases entirely.

Didn't Nintendo lose a lawsuit against the original Emulator guy because they lost the source code and couldn't put forward any form of proof?

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

12 hours ago, VLONE said:

those have nothing to do with Nintendo's intellectual property. Those are just homebrew applications made with homebrew libraries and legally Nintendo can't do anything about them. If they were made with official libraries and SDKs they could, but they aren't

how about the countless rom websites, with plenty of Nintendo's intellectual property?

it works with eos rebel 5T/1200d just download software for rebel 6T

EDIT: sry bad topic reply

On 6/6/2020 at 1:56 AM, AndreiArgeanu said:

how about the countless rom websites, with plenty of Nintendo's intellectual property?

They get constantly hit with DMCA takedown requests. they might not comply but it's not like Nintendo ignores them. just look at LumenDatabase