HyperX Fury XMP Profile

Hey guys, I am running HyperX Fury RAM in my system, its supposed to run at at least 2400 mhz, even up to 3400 mhz, but when I load the xmp profile its locked at 2133 mhz, does anyone know a fix for this?

what motherboard are you using? 

have you tried turning the XMP off and manually dialing it to 2400?

We can't Benchmark like we used to, but we have our ways. One trick is to shove more GPUs in your computer. Like the time I needed to NV-Link, because I needed a higher HeavenBench score, so I did an SLI, which is what they called NV-Link back in the day. So, I decided to put two GPUs in my computer, which was the style at the time. Now, to add another GPU to your computer, costs a new PSU. Now in those days PSUs said OCZ on them, "Gimme 750W OCZs for an SLI" you'd say. Now where were we? Oh yeah, the important thing was that I had two GPUs in my rig, which was the style at the time! They didn't have RGB PSUs at the time, because of the war. The only thing you could get was those big green ones. 

Asrock and Gigabyte boards require users to choose the frequency you want even if you enable XMP. It just helps you get the timings right.

CPU: i7-2600K 4751MHz 1.44V (software) --> 1.47V at the back of the socket Motherboard: Asrock Z77 Extreme4 (BCLK: 103.3MHz) CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 RAM: Adata XPG 2x8GB DDR3 (XMP: 2133MHz 10-11-11-30 CR2, custom: 2203MHz 10-11-10-26 CR1 tRFC:230 tREFI:14000) GPU: Asus GTX 1070 Dual (Super Jetstream vbios, +70(2025-2088MHz)/+400(8.8Gbps)) SSD: Samsung 840 Pro 256GB (main boot drive), Transcend SSD370 128GB PSU: Seasonic X-660 80+ Gold Case: Antec P110 Silent, 5 intakes 1 exhaust Monitor: AOC G2460PF 1080p 144Hz (150Hz max w/ DP, 121Hz max w/ HDMI) TN panel Keyboard: Logitech G610 Orion (Cherry MX Blue) with SteelSeries Apex M260 keycaps Mouse: BenQ Zowie FK1

Model: HP Omen 17 17-an110ca CPU: i7-8750H (0.125V core & cache, 50mV SA undervolt) GPU: GTX 1060 6GB Mobile (+80/+450, 1650MHz~1750MHz 0.78V~0.85V) RAM: 8+8GB DDR4-2400 18-17-17-39 2T Storage: HP EX920 1TB PCIe x4 M.2 SSD + Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA SSD, 128GB Toshiba PCIe x2 M.2 SSD (KBG30ZMV128G) gone cooking externally, 1TB Seagate 7200RPM 2.5" HDD (ST1000LM049-2GH172) left outside Monitor: 1080p 126Hz IPS G-sync

Desktop benching:

Cinebench R15 Single thread:168 Multi-thread: 833 

SuperPi (v1.5 from Techpowerup, PI value output) 16K: 0.100s 1M: 8.255s 32M: 7m 45.93s

8 minutes ago, VioDuskar said:

what motherboard are you using? 

have you tried turning the XMP off and manually dialing it to 2400?

I have a ASRock z170 pro4s, I am pretty much a noob at this type of stuff and dont really know what the mhz or timings are and how they work or what to change them to, I can post a few pictures I made of the UEFI if that helps in any way?

10 minutes ago, Jurrunio said:

Asrock and Gigabyte boards require users to choose the frequency you want even if you enable XMP. It just helps you get the timings right.

What exactly does that mean, what would I enter into the frequency and timing table?

8 minutes ago, Leach said:

What exactly does that mean, what would I enter into the frequency and timing table?

i'd enter the timings that your sticks show at stock, and freq to stock, then bump frequency incrementally as needed. 

user beware, overvolt if you dare. (as a noob don't overvolt)

We can't Benchmark like we used to, but we have our ways. One trick is to shove more GPUs in your computer. Like the time I needed to NV-Link, because I needed a higher HeavenBench score, so I did an SLI, which is what they called NV-Link back in the day. So, I decided to put two GPUs in my computer, which was the style at the time. Now, to add another GPU to your computer, costs a new PSU. Now in those days PSUs said OCZ on them, "Gimme 750W OCZs for an SLI" you'd say. Now where were we? Oh yeah, the important thing was that I had two GPUs in my rig, which was the style at the time! They didn't have RGB PSUs at the time, because of the war. The only thing you could get was those big green ones. 

16 minutes ago, VioDuskar said:

i'd enter the timings that your sticks show at stock, and freq to stock, then bump frequency incrementally as needed. 

user beware, overvolt if you dare. (as a noob don't overvolt)

Im not quite sure what the stock timings and the stock frequency even is for these sticks, usually it’s supposed to be on the sticker for my memory, but it isn’t sadly. I don’t even want to overlock it, I just want it to run at the advertised rates.

Just now, Leach said:

Im not quite sure what the stock timings and the stock frequency even is for these sticks, usually it’s supposed to be on the sticker for my memory, but it isn’t sadly. I don’t even want to overlock it, I just want it to run at the advertised rates.

do you have the partnumber for it? if not you should be able to find it in BIOS. look up the partnumber and find the stock timings, then set everything to stock manually.