Need help installing RX580

Daan._official

So I just bought a RX580 Nitro+ to replace my old GTX 760. I run the GTX 760 with VGA cable, motherboard is Z97 MPower Max AC, processor is I5 4670K, Power supply is 530W. 

But if i put in the RX580 and plug HDMI into it, it doesn't give signal. I tried 2 different cables and all the ports. If I plug in the HDMI Cables to the Mobo for integrated graphics, no signal either.  

RX580 turns on, fans work but that's it. The VGA adapter i had on the GTX 760 doesn't fit the RX580. I downloaded AMD Radeon software installer, but I can't install anything when the GTX 760 is plugged in. Bought it from a guy who just used it to run tests, so it should work. I think PU is fine too. 

I read different forums but I didn't really understand what I had to do. Update this, turn of that, didn't really make sense.

It's probably something Obvious, so if anyone could give me a step to step guide would be great.

Peace out,

Daan

If it doesnt work on both the Card or the iGPU with different cables, my bet is the port on the monitor is fried. 

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

Did u plug HDMI cable to motherboard when GPU was still in the mother board.

GTX 760 has HDMI right? So why would you be running it with VGA in the first place? Maybe there was a problem like monitor socket or something else. Try the old card with HDMI to see if it works.

Change the output on the monitor? or test the monitor with a known good device like a DVD player or similar. 

ICT professional, Addicted to PC

Turns out HDMI Port is not working on display so that explains a lot. Saw that the RX580 was now in the device manager list, so I assume that means it works.