Build with the option to upgrade to duel GPU set up

Hey guys so I am planning on building a computer in the near future, talking asap here. Looking to spend roughly 2k

This Rig is for work and for gaming. I program and often are doing many tasks at the same time. I do want a Ryzen 3900x.

My quesiton comes to GPU's I was originally going to throw in a 2080Ti with it, but my buddy had an idea for me that could get my system to me quicker (because my computer is starting to chug).

Would it be worth it to get a 2080 or 2070 super instead. and if I find that I need more performance later, then I can upgrade to 2 2080s or 2 2070 supers later in SLI? I know the cost of 2 2080/2070s supers is higher than 1 2080TI, but the upfront cost is not as high and also not guaranteed if I find one 2080 super is enough.

I game on a 1440P 144hz monitor.

The reason Im asking this is I have no experience with cooling 2 GPU's and I know it can get difficult to get both adequately cooled. Is there a motherboard or certain setup that would leave the door open for me to do this in

wifi is needed

Thanks y'all

1 minute ago, evilkidsmeal said:

Hey guys so I am planning on building a computer in the near future, talking asap here. Looking to spend roughly 2k

This Rig is for work and for gaming. I program and often are doing many tasks at the same time. I do want a Ryzen 3900x.

My quesiton comes to GPU's I was originally going to throw in a 2080Ti with it, but my buddy had an idea for me that could get my system to me quicker (because my computer is starting to chug).

Would it be worth it to get a 2080 or 2070 super instead. and if I find that I need more performance later, then I can upgrade to 2 2080s or 2 2070 supers later in SLI? I know the cost of 2 2080/2070s supers is higher than 1 2080TI, but the upfront cost is not as high and also not guaranteed if I find one 2080 super is enough.

The reason Im asking this is I have no experience with cooling 2 GPU's and I know it can get difficult to get both adequately cooled. Is there a motherboard or certain setup that would leave the door open for me to do this in

wifi is needed

Thanks y'all

Don’t do SLI, it’s a waste of money and is barely supported any more.

Quote me or mention me at @Shrekpad so I get notified 
pc specs:
CPU: 
Intel i7 8700K MOBO: ROG Strix Z390-E Gaming RAM: 16GB (2x8) DDR4 G Skill TridentZ 3000 MHz GPU: Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER GAMING OC CASE: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv STORAGE: Sabrent Rocket Q 1TB M.2 NVME SSD,
T-Force Delta RGB 250GB SSD, 4TB Seagate Barracuda HDD PSU: 750 Watt EVGA SuperNova G3 MONITERDell S2716DGR 1440p 144hz G-Sync, BenQ PD2700U 4K 60hz CPU COOLER: Corsair H115i RGB Platinum OS: Windows 10

Dual GPU is a pretty big waste of money these days as it's barely supported. Most games and applications have dropped support for SLI

5 minutes ago, evilkidsmeal said:

wifi is needed

Thanks y'all

If you're set on running dual cards, I would mostly look at slot spacing-- having 3-4 slot spacing with thinner (proper 2 slot) cards will help ensure you have plenty of space for them to breathe.

As Shrekpad and 5x5 mentioned, SLI scaling is poor or nonexistent in a lot of games. An alternative could be just getting a 2080 super-- it's close to a 2080ti but a decent bit cheaper.

12 minutes ago, Grabhanem said:

If you're set on running dual cards, I would mostly look at slot spacing-- having 3-4 slot spacing with thinner (proper 2 slot) cards will help ensure you have plenty of space for them to breathe.

As Shrekpad and 5x5 mentioned, SLI scaling is poor or nonexistent in a lot of games. An alternative could be just getting a 2080 super-- it's close to a 2080ti but a decent bit cheaper.

Totally not set on SLI if support is dying. Not worth it

2080 Super should be just fine then. Regardless it'll be better than what I have now. On a laptop with a 980m

17 minutes ago, Shrekpad said:

Don’t do SLI, it’s a waste of money and is barely supported any more.

I see you have a 2080 super, are you satisfied with its preformance?

38 minutes ago, evilkidsmeal said:

I see you have a 2080 super, are you satisfied with its preformance?

I just got it recently but I am able to get 144fps on 1440p on high or max settings.

Solid motherboard and power supply.

Quote me or mention me at @Shrekpad so I get notified 
pc specs:
CPU: 
Intel i7 8700K MOBO: ROG Strix Z390-E Gaming RAM: 16GB (2x8) DDR4 G Skill TridentZ 3000 MHz GPU: Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER GAMING OC CASE: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv STORAGE: Sabrent Rocket Q 1TB M.2 NVME SSD,
T-Force Delta RGB 250GB SSD, 4TB Seagate Barracuda HDD PSU: 750 Watt EVGA SuperNova G3 MONITERDell S2716DGR 1440p 144hz G-Sync, BenQ PD2700U 4K 60hz CPU COOLER: Corsair H115i RGB Platinum OS: Windows 10