Can anyone experienced possibly give me advice or make sure my build would work?

Kiexli

Hey everyone i’m slightly new to building pcs, And i’ve been searching parts to buy for my first build, i’ve put hours and hours of research into all parts to make sure of compatibility etc, however anyone can make a mistake, especially if it’s there first time, so if someone experienced could verify that my build would work then that would be great, i’ll list the parts below (excluding the case i’ve already got and peripherals) and I plan on overclocking since I did it with my older prebuild.

Seasonic Core Gold GM 650 650W Modular 80+ Gold PSU

16GB (2x8GB) Corsair DDR4 Vengeance LPX Black,PC4-28800 (3600)

MSI B450 Tomahawk Max 

AMD Ryzen 5 3600

intel 660p series 512GB, M.2 PCIE 3.0 (x4) NVMe

ASUS PCIe AC56 Dual band network card

MSI GeForce RTX 2060 VENTUS XS OC 6GB

Seagate barracuda 1TB

Noctua NH-D15S CPU cooler

Would appreciate it thanks people😁

Nothing stands out to me that looks wrong or incompatible, I'd say it's pretty good overall.

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

4 minutes ago, Lurick said:

Nothing stands out to me that looks wrong or incompatible, I'd say it's pretty good overall.

I appreciate it thank you 🙂

22 minutes ago, Kiexli said:

the case i’ve already got

22 minutes ago, Kiexli said:

did it with my older prebuild

Hey there. Would you mind listing the case you currently have? I'd just like to check for physical clearances and such. 😁

正直に生きる、一度きりの人生だから

Keeb Weeb LinksCustom Mechanical Keyboards | #KeebWeebClub

'Chew Builds: Hoshī (PC) | Okashī (PC) | K-4398 (Keeb) | Eighty #391 (Keeb) | R2-968 (Keeb) | MGK64 (Keeb)

9 minutes ago, Kiexli said:

excluding the case

if it's a normal atx case you should be good, however you can usually check in the cases specs how much clearance it has. The most common problems would be aftermarket cooler is too big, or GPU is too long. Sometimes the RAM can be too tall to fit together with your CPU cooler as well. I think the cooler you chose NH-D15S is a special version that leaves more room for the RAM and GPU.

If you want to make sure that your RAM is compatible with your motherboard you can look it up in the QVL (qualified vendor list) that you can usually find on the manufacturer's website. If it is not in there it means it wasn't tested with the board, but it might work anyways. I usually stick to the QVL though.

In your case it would be here https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/support/B450-TOMAHAWK-MAX#support-mem-19 

-Moved to New Builds and Planning-

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

2 hours ago, Kiexli said:

Hey everyone i’m slightly new to building pcs, And i’ve been searching parts to buy for my first build, i’ve put hours and hours of research into all parts to make sure of compatibility etc, however anyone can make a mistake, especially if it’s there first time, so if someone experienced could verify that my build would work then that would be great, i’ll list the parts below (excluding the case i’ve already got and peripherals) and I plan on overclocking since I did it with my older prebuild.

Seasonic Core Gold GM 650 650W Modular 80+ Gold PSU

16GB (2x8GB) Corsair DDR4 Vengeance LPX Black,PC4-28800 (3600)

MSI B450 Tomahawk Max 

AMD Ryzen 5 3600

intel 660p series 512GB, M.2 PCIE 3.0 (x4) NVMe

ASUS PCIe AC56 Dual band network card

MSI GeForce RTX 2060 VENTUS XS OC 6GB

Seagate barracuda 1TB

Noctua NH-D15S CPU cooler

Would appreciate it thanks people😁

How does the MSI B450 Gaming Pro Carbon AC compare price wise to the Tomahawk MAX and wifi adapter ?

Not a fan of the 660p 512GB version. If you are in the USA then get the Silicon Power A80 512GB instead.

You do not need a Noctua D15S for that cpu. The stock cooler is pretty decent, or just get something like an Arctic Freezer 34 esports/duo.

A 5700/XT is worth considering over the 2060 depending on prices. 

2 hours ago, Eschew said:

Hey there. Would you mind listing the case you currently have? I'd just like to check for physical clearances and such. 😁

Yeah it’s a corsair carbide series 275R

2 hours ago, merco said:

if it's a normal atx case you should be good, however you can usually check in the cases specs how much clearance it has. The most common problems would be aftermarket cooler is too big, or GPU is too long. Sometimes the RAM can be too tall to fit together with your CPU cooler as well. I think the cooler you chose NH-D15S is a special version that leaves more room for the RAM and GPU.

If you want to make sure that your RAM is compatible with your motherboard you can look it up in the QVL (qualified vendor list) that you can usually find on the manufacturer's website. If it is not in there it means it wasn't tested with the board, but it might work anyways. I usually stick to the QVL though.

In your case it would be here https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/support/B450-TOMAHAWK-MAX#support-mem-19 

Yea i’ve just finished checking for any clearance issues and none are shown, I’m seeing about changing my cooler as someone has said I don’t need that, but just having a look at other coolers that would do the trick.

2 minutes ago, Kiexli said:

Yeah it’s a corsair carbide series 275R

Cool. Physical clearances seem to check out. 👍

• Motherboard Compatibility: Mini-ITX, Micro-ATX, ATX (MSI B450 TOMAHAWK MAX: ATX).
  • CPU Cooler Clearance: 170mm (Noctua NH-D15S: 160mm).
  • GPU Clearance: 370mm (MSI VENTUS XS OC: 205mm).
  • PSU Clearance: 180mm (Seasonic CORE GM: 140mm).

Was also checking for proprietary case layouts, since you mentioned pre-built. You're good on that front. 😁

正直に生きる、一度きりの人生だから

Keeb Weeb LinksCustom Mechanical Keyboards | #KeebWeebClub

'Chew Builds: Hoshī (PC) | Okashī (PC) | K-4398 (Keeb) | Eighty #391 (Keeb) | R2-968 (Keeb) | MGK64 (Keeb)

5 minutes ago, Eschew said:

Cool. Physical clearances seem to check out. 👍

• Motherboard Compatibility: Mini-ITX, Micro-ATX, ATX (MSI B450 TOMAHAWK MAX: ATX).
  • CPU Cooler Clearance: 170mm (Noctua NH-D15S: 160mm).
  • GPU Clearance: 370mm (MSI VENTUS XS OC: 205mm).
  • PSU Clearance: 180mm (Seasonic CORE GM: 140mm).

Was also checking for proprietary case layouts, since you mentioned pre-built. You're good on that front. 😁

Thank you for the help much appreciated 😁

2 hours ago, Kiexli said:

I’m seeing about changing my cooler as someone has said I don’t need that, but just having a look at other coolers that would do the trick.

Yeah the noctua coolers are kinda expensive and for a 3600 a bit overkill. From what I have heard the ryzen 3000 series has a relatively small overclocking potential too. I would recommend an aftermarket cooler either way though, the stock cooler makes more noise which can be annoying, that depends on your case though and where your PC sits in your room. I went with an arctic freezer 34 esports duo, which I bought refurbished for 20€.

For perspective I think the NH-D15 would have been something like 90€. It might be the best air cooler around, but with the 70€ difference I could have for example gotten a better GPU or CPU, so it is not worth it at all. If you're already spending a lot on let's say a 3900x or something, a 90€ cooler makes more sense. A CPU like that will run hotter than a 3600 you can for a quick comparison look at their TDP values. (3600: 65W vs. 3900x: 105W)