Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Oakryx

Are my temps to high?

Recommended Posts

Posted · Original PosterOP

I just built my first computer a few weeks ago and I choose to us the 3600x. After using ryzen master and other software to check my system I noticed my cpu idle temps seem a bit high. They can be from 45° up to 50°c and they kinda just go up and down. I have a h100i aio and I wanted to know if these temps are to high. While gaming temp are in the high 50s up to low 60 on battle 5 max settings. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

AMD CPUs used to have a hard max of 60C (back in the thuban days), but that's not true anymore. most CPUs have a hard max of about 90C now, and i'd say anything below 60C during load is pretty decent. 

 

when i say hard max i mean the CPU will throw a BSOD and crash and die and hate you, but still recover most of the time. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, VioDuskar said:

AMD CPUs used to have a hard max of 60C (back in the thuban days), but that's not true anymore. most CPUs have a hard max of about 90C now, and i'd say anything below 60C during load is pretty decent. 

 

when i say hard max i mean the CPU will throw a BSOD and crash and die and hate you, but still recover most of the time. 

His Ryzen 3600x has a throttle temp of 95c and won't BSOD. It'll back down clocks and voltage to try and prevent hitting the thermtrip temp.


 

Lid-less PGA 2700x / ROG B450-I Gaming / Corsair 3000mhz SK Hynix / RTX 2060 / EVGA 750w

Lid-less 8700K / Maximus X Hero / G.Skill 4266mhz B-Die / RTX 2060 / Antec 1000w CP series

Ryzen Athlon 220ge with Vega Graphics / Asus Prime B450M-A / Corsair LED 3000mhz / 550w Antec Office PC.

DFI LanParty UT / Opteron 148 / DDR Corsair XMS Expert / X1800 XT 256MB Bios modded

Asus CrossHair Formula IV / Phenom II x4 B97 / Dominator GT 2000mhz. / EVGA GTX 770

Link to post
Share on other sites

Those temps are perfectly fine. Idle temps, for most part, don't really matter anyways. What you need to care about is the temps under heavy load.


Make sure to quote or tag people, so they get notified.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, ShrimpBrime said:

His Ryzen 3600x has a throttle temp of 95c and won't BSOD. It'll back down clocks and voltage to try and prevent hitting the thermtrip temp.

we're at 95C now huh? man lithography has improved a ton. 

 

i wasn't sure if AMD had started to hobble itself before tanking. they used to tank hard. i know intel's chips do the same. 

that means you can run any CPU without a cooler now and not kill it. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, VioDuskar said:

we're at 95C now huh? man lithography has improved a ton. 

 

i wasn't sure if AMD had started to hobble itself before tanking. they used to tank hard. i know intel's chips do the same. 

that means you can run any CPU without a cooler now and not kill it. 

First and second Gen where 90c throttle, they upped it a touch for third gen, not sure why. 

The high temp alert is 70c, at all defaults the cpu fan should be at 100%.


 

Lid-less PGA 2700x / ROG B450-I Gaming / Corsair 3000mhz SK Hynix / RTX 2060 / EVGA 750w

Lid-less 8700K / Maximus X Hero / G.Skill 4266mhz B-Die / RTX 2060 / Antec 1000w CP series

Ryzen Athlon 220ge with Vega Graphics / Asus Prime B450M-A / Corsair LED 3000mhz / 550w Antec Office PC.

DFI LanParty UT / Opteron 148 / DDR Corsair XMS Expert / X1800 XT 256MB Bios modded

Asus CrossHair Formula IV / Phenom II x4 B97 / Dominator GT 2000mhz. / EVGA GTX 770

Link to post
Share on other sites

What your actual load temps are? For normal everyday usage those are very much normal temps.


^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×