10/10 Article

rapidkillerx

https://www.popularmechanics.com/technology/gear/a32106787/cheap-gaming-pc/

heres an absolutely amazing arcticle about gaming PCs. The point is prebuilts, so the fact that all of them are overpriced versus DIYPCs isn't really the point, but this quote is too good

These computers’ central processing unit, which makes the computer programing run, typically have either Intel Core i5, i7, i9, or Ryzden 7. These should all work fine, but the i9 and Ryzden 7 will be the most powerful.

oh and this one

The Graphics Processing Unit is what makes sure your graphics run smoothly and clearly on your screen. The Nvidia RTX 2080 is common in most lower-cost gaming PCs, but it should work well for the average gamer and monitor (with a 16:9 aspect ratio), though you may have some tearing or lagging issues with ultrawide screens (such as 21:9 aspect ratio).

CPU: AMD 3600X

GPU: Nvidia 3070 (planned)

motherboard: MSI B500-A PRO

memory: G Skill Ripjaws V 2x8 GB 3600Mhz CL16

PSU: EVGA B3 650@

Case: NZXT H510

wireless network adapter: intel ax200

The RTX 2080 is common for most lower-cost gaming PCs? LOL

17 minutes ago, LurkerKing said:

The RTX 2080 is common for most lower-cost gaming PCs? LOL

Of course they are, I have a Ryzden and a GRTX 2095Ti-tan in my budget build.

Ultra is stupid. ALWAYS.

1 hour ago, rapidkillerx said:

Ryzden

Isn't that the guy from Metal Gear? 

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

A couple of typo's seems to be the ending of a career these days. 

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

Oh yeah, as an average gamer I can confirm that the $700 rtx 2080 is very low cost.

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x  | GPU: GTX 1070 FE | RAM: TridentZ 16GB 3200MHz | Motherboard: Gigabyte B450 Aorus M | PSU: EVGA 650 B3 | STORAGE: Boot drive: Crucial MX500 1TB, Secondary drive: WD Blue 1TB hdd | CASE: Phanteks P350x | OS: Windows 10 | Monitor: Main: ASUS VP249QGR 144Hz, Secondary: Dell E2014h 1600x900

"The Supreme is also great for anyone looking for a PC to match the capabilities of current gen consoles"

Recommending a $1800 computer with no peripherals to someone as an equivalent to a seven year old video game console is disingenuous and a great way to steer someone away from considering buying a PC at all.

I actually feel like this article may have been written by a robot. 

If your question is answered, mark it so.  | It's probably just coil whine, and it is probably just fine |   LTT Movie Club!

Read the docs. If they don't exist, write them. | Professional Thread Derailer

Desktop: i7-8700K, RTX 2080, 16G 3200Mhz, EndeavourOS(host), win10 (VFIO), Fedora(VFIO)

Server: ryzen 9 5900x, GTX 970, 64G 3200Mhz, Unraid.

* a moderator just entered the chat *

Let's keep this clean. Criticizing is one thing, being a dick (Will Wheaton ™) won't be tolerated.

;)

If you need help with your forum account, please use the Forum Support form !

3 hours ago, mr moose said:

A couple of typo's seems to be the ending of a career these days. 

I feel like the typos are just one example of why she shouldn't have written this article (not that she shouldn't write anything at all, just maybe write things she has some knowledge about)

Surely this is a satirical website... right?

No way anyone can be as clueless as to think a 2080 is found in low cost PCs... And wtf is a  Ryzden. I'd get it if it was typo once, but considering they keep making the same mistake over and over again.... This person has no clue about computer and computer parts isn't it...

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

19 minutes ago, TetraSky said:

No way anyone can be as clueless as to think a 2080 is found in low cost PCs... And wtf is a  Ryzden. I'd get it if it was typo once, but considering they keep making the same mistake over and over again.... This person has no clue about computer and computer parts isn't it...

naah its a real magazine its mostly (at least originally) print about like woodworking and tools and shit, idk why they're covering gaming pcs

20 minutes ago, rapidkillerx said:

I feel like the typos are just one example of why she shouldn't have written this article (not that she shouldn't write anything at all, just maybe write things she has some knowledge about)

If you want to remain viable in media you have to report and write articles on things you don't have any real experience with.  Everything from mainstream news to detailed tech articles are all the same.  There is a reason she cited toms guides, digital trends etc and then pointed out that their rating was based on the of the reviews as sourced form Amazon, walmart and manufacturers review sites.

I don't think she could be more upfront with how she came to the knowledge, rated the hardware or drew her conclusions.    I would be more surprised if she believed the 2080 was a budget card over it being a typo,  and obviously ryzden is a typo. Which leaves the fact that $1000 -$2000 is over priced for a budget PC, but not for a budget prebuilt with anything from 1660 to a 2070.  And that is all she said. 

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

4 minutes ago, rapidkillerx said:

naah its a real magazine its mostly (at least originally) print about like woodworking and tools and shit, idk why they're covering gaming pcs

They are trying to expand their revenue streams.  All media is doing this some  way shape or form.   Media is a really shallow economic structure,  all the money is on the surface, as soon as you have competition, lack of advertising, a drop in interest the whole deal quickly becomes untenable.

1 hour ago, TetraSky said:

It's Popular Mechanics. The less nerdy brother of Popular Science. They are owned by Hearst Corporation who, among other things, also owns ESPN.

Both are kind of trash these days IMHO. Which is a shame, you used to actually be able to learn things from these magazines.

Although to be quite frank, for a successful written media editor at Hearst, one of the cheaper variants of the regular 2080 is probably within the realm of a budget build if you make some other compromises. I'm not saying that's true for everyone, nor am I saying that she was correct, I'm just that she might have thought it was because of her own situation.

ENCRYPTION IS NOT A CRIME