Tried to oc my ram but did not work

tried the pas few days to OC my ram to 3800 but it failed so I tried 3733 and 3600 but they both also failed. I used the dram calculator and tried the max reading of voltages but my pc did not want to boot until I returned to 3200 default values, is it possible that I did something wrong ? used readings are attached.

3600 fast.jpg

IMO, I would say you're being too aggressive on your timings.  In addition, I wouldn't go above 3600.  Just not worth the effort.  Unless you just like to overclock as a hobby.

BTW 3200 is an overclock.  2667 is the default memory speed.

1 minute ago, Hilltrot said:

IMO, I would say you're being too aggressive on your timings.  In addition, I wouldn't go above 3600.  Just not worth the effort.  Unless you just like to overclock as a hobby.

BTW 3200 is an overclock.  2667 is the default memory speed.

should I try safe preset ? 

memory is not 3200 ? how you know ?

Almost all memory is defaults to 2667.  What is advertised on your box is the overclock that they have tested and placed on the memory as an XMP profile.

Without the XMP profile, the RAM defaults to 2667 which is the speed DDR4 was designed to go.  The XMP profile simply tells the motherboard, "Hey, I can go faster - use these settings!"  The motherboard follows the settings and tries it out.

It's like the difference between a 3600 and a 3600x.  On the advertisements, the 3600x is faster.  In truth, they are the same chip and can be overclocked to the same point.

This poor lad.....

First list your system specs

Then memory kit part number with Cpu-z SPD tab screen shot.

Then some TyphoonBurner reading so we can be sure calculator is picking up the proper timing sets.

2133 is default AM4 motherboard speeds unless the memory that's equipped only has Jedec for a different rated speed.

The calculator is a suggestion box. You open it and get suggestions. This does not mean your memory will for certain run what is displayed. 

_____

Since it boots at 3200mhz, you want to incrementally increase the memory frequency, but this is going to depend on how the timings are set up.

A little extra voltage on the SOC could help, up to 1.10v is usually ok and can help a bit. 

Disable GearDown and PowerDown modes. and the Trfc timing is going to be way too tight if that's what you are going with from the Calculator. 

If you can keep the 16-16-16-16, perhaps a touch looser, 16-16-16-16-36-56 1T command rate. If 1T seems a little unstable or won't post try 2T command rate.

Other than that, will be difficult to direct you into a good direction without some much needed information. You have a Zen2 processor and B-die memory. That's all I really know about your system. 

I have x570 asus tuf board with 3800x cpu and gskill ripjaws v . I got the other information from TyphoonBurner 

15 minutes ago, ShrimpBrime said:

16-16-16-16-36-56 1T

so try that first ? then 2T @ 3600 ?

snap26202040424AM.png

No, just setting 3600 and the timings it's not gonna post.

The board and memory controller need training. 

So as I had stated already, incrementally increase the frequency from 3200mhz and up. IE: 3200, 3266, 3400 ect. 

And you want to loosen the tRFC timing although I dont know what its running at 3200mhz, but loose loose for stability, tighten it up later for performance. Try like 700.