Best 200mm Fans

IAcKI

Hi, 
I'm looking for a 200mm fan; about as quiet as a Noctua NF-F12. 
However, I've had no luck finding one! The main contender at the moment is a BitFenix Spectre pro, it's not much quieter than my stock Corsair one from my 600t.

Overall, do you guys have any recommendations? I want a quiet 200mm fan, with around 150CFM! 

All help will be greatly appreciated! :)

See my Build here!

Intel 6700k -  Strix GTX 1080Ti - Corsair AX760 - Corsair Dominator 16GB 3000MHz - ASUS Maximus VIII Hero

Seagate Barracuda 1TB -  Samsung 120GB 840 - Samsung 840 EVO 250GB - Corsair H100i - Corsair Air 540 White -

Corsair AF120 - 2x Noctua NF-F12 - 3 x Noctua NF-S12

Dell S2417DG - Dell UH2515H 

the thing is there is not much of a choice when it comes to 200mm fans. Try undervolting both fans and see because the Spectre pros i have can run at 5v. these are good case fans. dont try and put them on radiators. its not very pressure optimized.  

Ok man! Thanks, I'll buy it tomorrow and share my results when I receive the fan! :)

See my Build here!

Intel 6700k -  Strix GTX 1080Ti - Corsair AX760 - Corsair Dominator 16GB 3000MHz - ASUS Maximus VIII Hero

Seagate Barracuda 1TB -  Samsung 120GB 840 - Samsung 840 EVO 250GB - Corsair H100i - Corsair Air 540 White -

Corsair AF120 - 2x Noctua NF-F12 - 3 x Noctua NF-S12

Dell S2417DG - Dell UH2515H 

go for the coolermaster ones, really good reliability. 

Build: Fx-8120@4.1ghz,  Gtx770@1.0ghz,  16gb Patriot memory,  Cheap case from thermaltake

I have 2 BitFenix Spectre pros connected to my mobo, They spin at 800rpm. Much better than the 200mm Thermaltakes they replaced(which spun at 600rpm). 

I had to break off a few little plastic bits off my front pannel for them to fit due to the frame of the fan. The frames look like they are clipped on so feel a little cheap.

Overall spec wise there were no other fans that compare to these!

Be aware that the "CM Storm Force" is designed for a specific CM case and Antec bigboys come with a custom screw mount position.

My Rig - Intel 4670K (4.3Ghz) Cooler Noctua NH-C14| Gigabyte Z87X-UD5H | 16GB GSkill 1866MHz | Gigabyte 7970 OC  | Samsung 840 Pro 128GB | Thermaltake Overseer RX-I  | Thermaltake TP Qfan 750w

Brothers rig- AMD FX-6100(4.1 GHz) | Gigabyte 990FXA -D3 | 8GB GSkill 1866MHz | Sapphire 7870 Ghz OC  | Kingston HyperX 3K 120Gb | Antec 900 v3  | Antec Neopower Blue 650w

The Coolermaster Megaflow is a ~110CFM 200m and its super silent ~19dBA http://www.coolermaster.es/product.php?product_id=6474

Comes with red or blue or without LEDs and is cheaper than spectre pros.

I got 1 and I love it :)

go for the coolermaster ones, really good reliability. 

Hate to argue, but that rating from CM is more than worthless, it's just a plain lie.  I can assure you that one of those beasts is well over 19dB.  Most household rooms have ambient noise levels that are higher...  And as for reliability, they get noisy in a very short time, so I guess they're reliable as long as you don't care about the noise they create.

Hi, 

I'm looking for a 200mm fan; about as quiet as a Noctua NF-F12. 

However, I've had no luck finding one! The main contender at the moment is a BitFenix Spectre pro, it's not much quieter than my stock Corsair one from my 600t.

Overall, do you guys have any recommendations? I want a quiet 200mm fan, with around 150CFM! 

All help will be greatly appreciated! :)

The Coolermaster Megaflow is a ~110CFM 200m and its super silent ~19dBA http://www.coolermaster.es/product.php?product_id=6474

Comes with red or blue or without LEDs and is cheaper than spectre pros.

I got 1 and I love it :)

I have 7 CoolerMaster MegaFlow 200mm fans in my 3 machines, but they were mostly stock since all three of my machines are CM cases.  Overall I love them, they move lots of air and at a top RPM of 800,  they're very quiet.  Their biggest problem IMO is that being 200mm they are not built very sturdily and some of my older ones have developed occasional ticking noises depending on which direction it's mounted.

Now, if Noctua actually went and made a 200mm fan...  wow.

AMD FX8350 • ASUS ROG Crosshair V Formula Z • GeForce GTX 780 + 660 Ti x3 • Cooler Master HAF X • ASUS VG248QE 144Hz LCD+GSYNC • Corsair AX860i

Logitech G19 / MX518 • G.Skill RipjawZ 1866 4x4GB • Samsung 840 EVO 120GB SSD • WD 1TB Black SATA IIIx2 • Noctua NH-D15

I have 2 230mm stock fans in my CM case and they dead silent while producing a fair amount of CFM.

don't forget 200mm fans mostly don't fit into every case so if you're not a fan of drilling, make sure they fit first. Nothing wrong with drilling thouhg.

Regular Spectres are more quiet than the Pros. By quite a significant amount too.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

• 9 months later...

The frames look like they are clipped on so feel a little cheap.

That is by design, is a brilliant idea and is anything but cheap!

The side panel on my Chaser MKI case when removed has some flex in it and any normal 200mm fan would break when it flex's but the Spectre Pro's mounting frame is clipped on the fan rather than a solid part of it so it allows the fan to flex without the fan itself flexing, this makes it the best side panel fan ever imo!

The fluid bearing means the fan will last a lot longer than the other 200mm fans that only run sleeve bearings and develop weird ticking noises etc, the only downside is the price but quality is never cheap.

The standard spectre is not the same and has a solid frame and very poor mounting options, IE: only 4 holes on 1 side.

I know this post is 6 months old but nobody on the net is giving the full story on this magnificent fan!