Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Ronan26

RGB compatibility

Posted · Original PosterOP

Apologies if this is the wrong section,

I recently purchased the Matrexx 70 3F, which comes with three included deepcool 120mm RGB fans and a single RGB strip. These fans are controlled by either an RGB header on mobo, or the built in RGB controller button on the case itself (If I'm correct).

My motherboard is a Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3, which does not have an RGB header, and right now, I am using the built in case system to control said RGB components. 

I am wanting to purchase an additional 3 RGB fans (have been looking at Corsair 120mm RGB fans), however these fans will require an RGB header to control, and will need the corsair software, (and use different headers then the deepcool components in my case I believe?)

The question is, am I correct in thinking that:

Ideally my best options would be to purchase 3 more DEEPCOOL fans and connect them using a fan controller to the existing case system, since deepcool has its own ecosystem, and too keep RGB that is in sync, and continue using the case to control the RGB.. OR

Purchase a motherboard with RGB headers and plug all fans into it, in order to have more control over the lighting, and keep everything in the deepcool ecosystem for better lighting sync..

Thanks for any and all advice, I'm fairly new.

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, Ronan26 said:

Apologies if this is the wrong section,

I recently purchased the Matrexx 70 3F, which comes with three included deepcool 120mm RGB fans and a single RGB strip. These fans are controlled by either an RGB header on mobo, or the built in RGB controller button on the case itself (If I'm correct).

My motherboard is a Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3, which does not have an RGB header, and right now, I am using the built in case system to control said RGB components. 

I am wanting to purchase an additional 3 RGB fans (have been looking at Corsair 120mm RGB fans), however these fans will require an RGB header to control, and will need the corsair software, (and use different headers then the deepcool components in my case I believe?)

The question is, am I correct in thinking that:

Ideally my best options would be to purchase 3 more DEEPCOOL fans and connect them using a fan controller to the existing case system, since deepcool has its own ecosystem, and too keep RGB that is in sync, and continue using the case to control the RGB.. OR

Purchase a motherboard with RGB headers and plug all fans into it, in order to have more control over the lighting, and keep everything in the deepcool ecosystem for better lighting sync..

Thanks for any and all advice, I'm fairly new.

sounds like you awnserd your self... do you want to pay more for rgb fans and software or just use what you got. up to you.

if you do get corsair you can get an adapter to get the deepcool fans to work (keep in mind that corsair software is set up for so many leds per fan and having different amount can mess up the "look" of w/e you set it for)

i have not used deepcool rgb don't think it will offer much more then the controller on the case imo

mb rgb software is a pain...

ya corsair has its own connector and deepcool  i believe uses the jst-sm connector and the mb uses an stranded 2+1 connetor

Edited by thrasher_565
Posted · Original PosterOP
11 hours ago, thrasher_565 said:

if you do get corsair you can get an adapter to get the deepcool fans to work (keep in mind that corsair software is set up for so many leds per fan and having different amount can mess up the "look" of w/e you set it for)

What adapter are you suggesting here? I'd be interested in grabbing that.