My pc is in slow motion

Heikkimr

Hello, I fixed my pc today a loaded up a game. But then everything felt slow. I use intel burn test and my phone to measure the difference. 26 seconds pc time 44 seconds real time. Any ideas? CPU: ryzen 3 1200 mobo: gigabyte b450m ds3h bios version f50 2x4 GB ddr4 2133 rx 570 8gb 240gb ssd and 1tb hdd 500w bronze psu.

A huge number of things could be causing this, anything from a corrupted operating system to a bios error. Could you describe the symptoms in more detail?

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

1 minute ago, Fasauceome said:

A huge number of things could be causing this, anything from a corrupted operating system to a bios error. Could you describe the symptoms in more detail?

I reset my bios. My os may be corrupt since I was turning my pc off from the psu when I was fixing my pc.

1 minute ago, Heikkimr said:

I reset my bios. My os may be corrupt since I was turning my pc off from the psu when I was fixing my pc.

look up online how to trigger the startup repair, it's a start. 

If the BIOS is corrupted, having it at default settings won't help, you'd need to flash it.

Also do a malware scan.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

4 minutes ago, Fasauceome said:

If you could tell me how to check if my os is corrupt that would help.

7 minutes ago, Heikkimr said:

If you could tell me how to check if my os is corrupt that would help.

There's not really an easy way to check. Like I said, startup repair is your best bet. I believe one of the quickest ways to do it is to interrupt booting 3 times in a row, when the window logo appears on screen hold the power button.

Primary PC:

3 minutes ago, Fasauceome said:

There's not really an easy way to check. Like I said, startup repair is your best bet. I believe one of the quickest ways to do it is to interrupt booting 3 times in a row, when the window logo appears on screen hold the power button.

Ok, thanks!