Is this possible?

Lfc
Go to solution Solved by Slottr,

It's never not possible

Is possible one 80 plus Gold certificated PSU

to destroy sata SSDs because give more power than it should? 

I just read this and scared... 

Can one gold certificated  PSU to destroy parts? 

This comment is in Amazon

IMG_20200424_190736.jpg

The way that PSUs are designed will prevent parts from being "overpowered" by it. If a drive was fried by a PSU, that PSU was defective.

Ignore all reviews on amazon/Newegg/etc.

Edited by Fasauceome

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

3 minutes ago, Fasauceome said:

The way that PSUs are designed will prevent parts from being "overpowered" by it. If a drive was fried by a PSU, that PSU was defective.

Ignore all reviews on amazon/Newegg/etc.

And how this happens if this PSU tested and have 80 plus certificate Gold? 

Just now, Lfc said:

And how this happens if this PSU tested and have 80 plus certificate Gold? 

Two important factors:

1) 80+ efficiency is not really going to tell you if a power supply is good enough or not.

2) The design is 80+ gold efficient, but the quality control testing for every single unit only can do so much.

Defective products are always possible.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

The PSU warranty is only about PSUs? 

If one destroy parts? What happens? 

1 minute ago, Fasauceome said:

Two important factors:

1) 80+ efficiency is not really going to tell you if a power supply is good enough or not.

2) The design is 80+ gold efficient, but the quality control testing for every single unit only can do so much.

Defective products are always possible.

This is really bad 😧 !!! 

Just now, Lfc said:

This is really bad 😧 !!! 

You're glossing over the fact that: Shit happens.

Things can go wrong, and sometimes you get a defective part

Community Standards || Tech News Posting Guidelines

---======================================================================---

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: RTX 3070|| Memory: 32GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken || PSU: 650W EVGA GM || Case: NR200P

1 minute ago, Lfc said:

The PSU warranty is only about PSUs? 

If one destroy parts? What happens? 

Unfortunately, it's most often the case that the warranty does not cover other components. Same thing with most water coolers, if they leak. 

Primary PC:

1 minute ago, Fasauceome said:

Unfortunately, it's most often the case that the warranty does not cover other components. Same thing with most water coolers, if they leak. 

That's really bad. Exactly what I was afraid of

3 minutes ago, Lfc said:

That's really bad. Exactly what I was afraid of

You're basically looking at that scenario no matter what, in my opinion you should just refer to the power supply tier list and get something good, that way you'll have a better chance of a successful system.

You need a power supply either way, not like you can avoid the inevitable.

Edited by Fasauceome

Primary PC: