Changed custom loop fluid and temps doubled?

Go to solution Solved by bowrilla,
1 minute ago, Nuurf said:

If my computer is lying down the temps are 29-30 for the cpu and 29 for GPU which is normal, however when standing normally more like 45 cpu and 42 GPU :/

Air in the system or a bad mount of the block then

So today i changed the liquid in my custom loop, after it running for a year. While changing the fluid i switched the CPU block from a EKWB-Velocity, to a EKWB Monoblock for the Asus Hero XI. Other than that i changed the GPU from horizontal to vertical, and bend some new hardtubing ofc for the change of CPU block and GPU direction.
My GPU has a EKWB Quantum Vektor cooler on it, and its a 2080 TI, and running a i9-9900k as my cpu. However this so called upgrade ended in my cpu temps doubling, and my GPU temps going a lot up aswell, before the change my CPU was 30-50 at all time, and my GPU never above 41, even when under load, now CPU idle is 50, and GPU idle is 45. I removed most of the bubbles that was possible and in general removed as much air in the loop as possible yet i see these high temperatures, and wondering if there was any sugestions as what could cause this? And yes i do belive i applied enough theremalpaste and tightened the monoblock tight to the CPU. I changed my overclocking from 5.1GHZ off, and whent to factory settings, and yet no change in temps. 

*Specs*

Asus Hero XI

I9-9900k

RTX 2080 TI Strix OC Edition
64GB Corsair 3200hz 

CPU Cooler - Asus Hero XI monoblock
GPU Block - EK-Quantum Vector

EK-D5 pump/res combo

Using same liquid as before and flushed out the old liquid with destilled water, and again running EK-Blood red premix

Is it possible there is a problem with the flow in your loop? Possibly a slow/broken pump, or a clog that is restricting flow? Check your flow, doubt that's it, but It won't hurt...

3 minutes ago, Mr Water said:

Is it possible there is a problem with the flow in your loop? Possibly a slow/broken pump, or a clog that is restricting flow? Check your flow, doubt that's it, but It won't hurt...

I imagine it could be something with the flow perhaps or bubbles, if i tilt my pc so its horizontal and laying down temps go back to normal ?!

So you Changed a whole bunch of stuff and there is a problem somewhere.  Could be a bunch of different things.  The thing about watercooling is if water is shared between cpu and gpu temps can be too to a degree because water gets warmer.  Loop problems are possible but so is a cpu paste issue for example.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

If my computer is lying down the temps are 29-30 for the cpu and 29 for GPU which is normal, however when standing normally more like 45 cpu and 42 GPU :/

2 minutes ago, Nuurf said:

I imagine it could be something with the flow perhaps or bubbles, if i tilt my pc so its horizontal and laying down temps go back to normal ?!

Since you have a new block: did you connect it the right way around? Most higher performing blocks have a specific intake port.

Are you sure, you cleaned everything correctly?

Are you sure, you bled the system properly?

Was the last part in the quote a question or a fact? Do they get back to normal? 

Use the quote function when answering! Mark people directly if you want an answer from them!

1 minute ago, Nuurf said:

Air in the system or a bad mount of the block then

Use the quote function when answering! Mark people directly if you want an answer from them!

Just now, bowrilla said:

Since you have a new block: did you connect it the right way around? Most higher performing blocks have a specific intake port.

Are you sure, you cleaned everything correctly?

Are you sure, you bled the system properly?

Was the last part in the quote a question or a fact? Do they get back to normal? 

Yes i speceficly checked for intake and outtake on cpu and that is correctly connected. The GPU you deside yourself, so thats okay aswell. I used a bunch of destilled water to cleaned the loop by filling and empty the loop a couple of times + have the destilled water run around with the pump on. And the last quote was a fact, when the pc is laying down the temps are normal, but standing the temps are way to high.

27 minutes ago, Nuurf said:

Photos are going to be needed, it doesn't make so much sense that laying hte PC down to improve the temps so much, unless the radiators are in the bottom and can't breath in the standard location. Are these temp drops instant, or over time? etc etc

1 minute ago, For Science! said:

Photos are going to be needed, it doesn't make so much sense that laying hte PC down to improve the temps so much, unless the radiators are in the bottom and can't breath in the standard location. Are these temp drops instant, or over time? etc etc

I can get some pictures in a sec however the change in temps are almost instant, and radiatorers are in the front and top 

7 minutes ago, For Science! said:

I was thinking about this one, and one thing a orientation change might do is make the cpu the lowest point in the system.  This might not matter though because my understanding is if water is flowing rapidly there shouldn’t be much  temperature difference between low and high spots. It indicates something is up.  I don’t know what myself though.  Isn’t diagnosis from limited data fun?

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

I must admit i have no idea what the problem was, i flipped the pc gave it a 360, a small amout of air came out and the temp dropped dramatically after the full rotation of the pc.. Seems ive fixed the issue, and i thank you guys for your helpfull input 😛

1 hour ago, Nuurf said:

I must admit i have no idea what the problem was, i flipped the pc gave it a 360, a small amout of air came out and the temp dropped dramatically after the full rotation of the pc.. Seems ive fixed the issue, and i thank you guys for your helpfull input 😛

As mentioned before: air in the system. Probably in your monoblock.