Uneven backlight/color uniformity

vokle

Hello,
do you think this is normal/acceptable uniformity? 

https://imgur.com/a/oVN3kTc

(probably the camera makes it look little worse)

This is my third LG 5K UltraFine exchange unit, 27MD5KL-B; each of the units had the same issue — uneven white where certain areas are slightly darker (most notably in the right side of the screen). The problem is visible only on white backgrounds.

My previous monitor didn’t had this issue. I’m not sure if I should just accept this as normal. Or all these are actually defective units part of bad batch? 

Thanks,
V.

seems heavily concentrated in the center too... Quite odd for LG to have this problem, they usually make great panels.

3 hours ago, vokle said:

Hello,
do you think this is normal/acceptable uniformity? 

https://imgur.com/a/oVN3kTc

(probably the camera makes it look little worse)

This is my third LG 5K UltraFine exchange unit, 27MD5KL-B; each of the units had the same issue — uneven white where certain areas are slightly darker (most notably in the right side of the screen). The problem is visible only on white backgrounds.

My previous monitor didn’t had this issue. I’m not sure if I should just accept this as normal. Or all these are actually defective units part of bad batch? 

Thanks,
V.

All non-professional grade monitors, including high-end consumer monitors, don't have uniform backlight.

If you want proof:

https://www.tftcentral.co.uk/reviews.htm

Pick any monitor from the list (beside the Eizo FlexScan SX2762W, which is pro grade monitor), and scroll down to "Panel Uniformity" section.

I see .. thanks for the guidance! I think somewhat masochistically will try fourth unit from different provider — hope my luck is little bit better this time.

Unfortunately poor uniformity is one of the many issues LCD technology has.

It can be reduced by the manufacturer but it requires heavy investment into QA, in the end it costs to much to do it for 'standard' consumer Monitors and so this is what u get.

CPU: Intel i7 3930k w/OC & EK Supremacy EVO Block | Motherboard: Asus P9x79 Pro  | RAM: G.Skill 4x4 1866 CL9 | PSU: Seasonic Platinum 1000w Corsair RM 750w Gold (2021)|

VDU: Panasonic 42" Plasma | GPU: Gigabyte 1080ti Gaming OC & Barrow Block (RIP)...GTX 980ti | Sound: Asus Xonar D2X - Z5500 -FiiO X3K DAP/DAC - ATH-M50S | Case: Phantek Enthoo Primo White |

Storage: Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SSD + WD Blue 1TB SSD | Cooling: XSPC D5 Photon 270 Res & Pump | 2x XSPC AX240 White Rads | NexXxos Monsta 80x240 Rad P/P | NF-A12x25 fans |