Qualcomm Toq

NCIX: N/A

Amazon: http://georiot.co/vfg

The Qualcomm Toq is the ultimate "this would be awesome if only the software..." product to me. They are several smart iterations away from it actually being a fairly kickass product, but I just don't know if they're going the right direction.

This is the SMRTwatch in the store, isn't it?

EDIT: was in the store*

Spoiler

Corsair 400C- Intel i7 6700- Gigabyte Gaming 6- GTX 1080 Founders Ed. - Intel 530 120GB + 2xWD 1TB + Adata 610 256GB- 16GB 2400MHz G.Skill- Evga G2 650 PSU- Corsair H110- ASUS PB278Q- Dell u2412m- Logitech G710+ - Logitech g700 - Sennheiser PC350 SE/598se

Is it just me or is Grammar slowly becoming extinct on LTT? 

@LinusTech Would you say this would probably be uncomfortable or too large if this were worn reversed? (face towards wrist as opposed to outwards)

Error: 410

@LinusTech Would you say this would probably be uncomfortable or too large if this were worn reversed? (face towards wrist as opposed to outwards)

Yes I would. Send me a PM though and I'll try to remember to double check tomorrow.

This is the SMRTwatch in the store, isn't it?

euro truck simulator is awesome :P

Op about time u did this video linus and the thing about the strap is stupid they should implement something so the actual watch face is detachable and then it clicks into a watch band like the ipod nano 6th generation was like.

I'm leaning for the G-shock Bluetooth watch, it has a 2 years battery life on a single watch battery. You can't read the content of the text message from the watch though, just seeing who it's from :(

My watch (Kisai night vision) needs a charge once a month, and it's a big hassle for me (especially when I can't see my battery status). I don't think I have the discipline to charge my watch (which I'm used to wear on my wrist at all times) every week. I'm probably going to sell my night vision.

The colored display is nice, I suppose. But not for that price. I have the Pebble, and I absolutely love it. I don't care that much about having a colored display, since it's a watch that shows me text messages. 

| CPU: AMD A8 | MOBO: MSI 7778 | GPU: Asus GTX 650Ti | Case: Corsair 200r |

| SSD: PNY 120gb | HHD: WD Blue 1tb | PSU: Cooler Master 750W |

| peripherals: Corsair Vengeance M65 & Razer Black Widow Ultimate |

Before I go on I must get out of the way that I am a hardcore pebble user, I backed the project from the start and have loved it ever since. Now that that's out of the way I see the toq as a over priced peice of good hardware, but with software that isn't up to par. If I was able to handle the price tag 200 dollars over my pebble I still wouldn't buy it because of its undeveloped software.

Would you suggest this or the pebble / pebble steel?

Yes I'm a hardcore pebble user, but if you can deal with monochrome color and the pebbles 7 day battery life ( running for 3 weeks strait using without Bluetooth) than absolutely buy the pebble. It's 200 dollars cheaper and the software is SO much more refined. I've never had my kickstarter pebble crash. Whether you buy the steel or normal is up to you.

Yes I would. Send me a PM though and I'll try to remember to double check tomorrow.

Linus, do you wear the pebble after your testing or the toq?

Linus, do you wear the pebble after your testing or the toq?

he is selling his toq (at the store section)

Nice review but you said that you could not see the notifications again on the pebble and I can say that in the pebble 2.0 software you can! :)

And can you maybe do a pebble revisit when it gets 2.0 and App Store? :)

Btw I own a pebble and got 2.0 on it and I love it P

Nice review but you said that you could not see the notifications again on the pebble and I can say that in the pebble 2.0 software you can! :)

And can you maybe do a pebble revisit when it gets 2.0 and App Store? :)

Btw I own a pebble and got 2.0 on it and I love it P

Pebbles software is just so refined there's no point in a different watch.

For those interested in a colored, touch screen smartwatch check out the Sony Smartwatch 2. I've owned one since it was released last fall and absolutely love it. I'm a heavy user with notifications coming in constantly so I get about 2-3 days battery life out of it. For less notification-heavy users you should be able to get 3-4 days out of it. The micro-usb charger also makes it so I can charge it anywhere - at work, at home, on-the-go with any micro-usb cable I have lying around. 

Once these things have gone down in price (by a substantial amount) they will be really successful but I just can't afford the amount of money it costs to get a smartwatch when it is almost as convenient to just pull out my phone to look at a notification.

CPU: Intel i5 4690k  GPU: Sapphire R9 290 TRI-X OC

Linus, what do you think of the Toq for $250?  Is it worth it with the new lower price and improved software or should I wait a bit for something better?