• HDD - WD Blue 1TB SATA-III 7200 RPM 64MB
• Power Supply - Sirtec - High Power Element BRONZE II 600W
• Case - Deepcool Tesseract BF black
• GPU - GIGABYTE Radeon RX 480 Windforce 8GB DDR5 256-bit
• CPU Intel Kaby Lake, Core i5 7400 3GHz box
• Mobo GIGABYTE GA-B250M-DS3H
• Memory HyperX Fury Black 16GB DDR4 2400MHz CL15 Dual Channel Kit
• SSD WD NEW Green 240GB SATA-III 2.5 inch

I want to give this pc a little upgrade because it can not handle 144 hz at all. I thought a ryzen 5 3600 or 3600x (maybe this is future proof) with 3600 mhz memory is a great idea. Worth the upgrade ? However, a more powerful GPU would be a good pick and maybe this summer i will change the CPU too, but i do not know how much performance i can gain. My monitor supports free sync so a 5700 xt is a great choice. However my cpu bottlenecks any gpu on the market, more powerful than the 480 so the perfomance won't be the same ? I have monitored my GPU and CPU usage:

Valorant : GPU 10-40% - CPU 80-90% 

Fortnite : CPU 99-100%,sometimes 96 - GPU 100% and frame drops sometimes

Apex: CPU 80-100% GPU 100%.

CSGO: CPU 70%, GPU 10-40%

The best idea would be to upgrade the whole computer once maybe. What do you think ? Thanks in advance.

what is your budget if you are looking for a upgrade I would say upgrade all at once. Also the power supply in your current rig is  something that I would upgrade first before anything 

I am planning to upgrade the PSU if i will change the whole build. I think this model is a good deal : Super Flower Leadex III Gold, 80+ Gold, 650W. About the budget, i do not know exactly... once i decide on which component to replace, i am going to sell the old one because the computer is still great for 1080p gaming 60hz and i can not just throw it away. So let's say 1000$. I think waiting until summer may bring me better deals if ryzen 4000 cpus and RNDA2 cards are released.

3 minutes ago, Cristian Pavel said:

I am planning to upgrade the PSU if i will change the whole build. I think this model is a good deal : Super Flower Leadex III Gold, 80+ Gold, 650W. About the budget, i do not know exactly... once i decide on which component to replace, i am going to sell the old one because the computer is still great for 1080p gaming 60hz and i can not just throw it away. So let's say 1000$.

To be honest if you have a 1000$ budget just build a whole new pc. This is a good option https://pcpartpicker.com/guide/hpkcCJ/great-amd-gaming-build. If you want I can design a list for you on pcpartpicker.

I will recommend an NHu12s (or an NHd15 (maybe)) for your PC build. Quote or @ me @Prodigy_Smit for me to see your replies.

PSU Teir List | Howdy! A Windows Hello Alternative 

Desktop :

i7 8700 | Quadro P4000 8GB |  64gb 2933Mhz cl18 | 500 GB Samsung 960 Pro | 1tb SSD Samsung 850 evo

Laptop :

ASUS G14 | R9 5900hs | RTX 3060 | 16GB 3200Mhz | 1 TB SSD

I would also suggest buying a completely new system, you could use that old one as a backup if something goes wrong with the new one, or sell it. Too much stuff to replace with your current rig for it to make much sense to do it that way.

2 minutes ago, Cristian Pavel said:

Yes, if you can make a list on pcpartpicker. I would be grateful.

Ok do you plan to stream or edit or just game and what fps are looking to get.

I will recommend an NHu12s (or an NHd15 (maybe)) for your PC build. Quote or @ me @Prodigy_Smit for me to see your replies.

Desktop :

i7 8700 | Quadro P4000 8GB |  64gb 2933Mhz cl18 | 500 GB Samsung 960 Pro | 1tb SSD Samsung 850 evo

Laptop :

1 minute ago, Smit Devrukhkar said:

Ok do you plan to stream or edit or just game and what fps are looking to get.

I am just gaming, 144 fps or more would be nice since i have a 144hz monitor. My monitor also supports freesync, so an amd card would be perfect.

12 minutes ago, Cristian Pavel said:

I am just gaming, 144 fps or more would be nice since i have a 144hz monitor. My monitor also supports freesync, so an amd card would be perfect.

https://pcpartpicker.com/user/ProdigySmit/saved/tDdfP6 That should be a nice build for 144 fps on 1080p on high and futureproof too. The stock cooler on the amd cpu should do very well if you dont plan to overclock.

Edited by Smit Devrukhkar

Desktop :

Laptop :

The best part would be not needing to flash the BIOS to use ryzen 3000.

Desktop :

Laptop :

11 minutes ago, Smit Devrukhkar said:

The best part would be not needing to flash the BIOS to use ryzen 3000.

Wow, this build is so cheap. Unfortunately i do not have amazon or newegg in my country and i have to pay 1250 $ for the whole build... Thanks for all your help btw. Have a nice day !

44 minutes ago, Cristian Pavel said:

Wow, this build is so cheap. Unfortunately i do not have amazon or newegg in my country and i have to pay 1250 $ for the whole build... Thanks for all your help btw. Have a nice day !

Same to you. But if you are looking to upgrade maybe try a similar build with an older gpu like a rx 580 or a 1660ti then you could easily upgrade the gpu later and the ryzen 5 would remain quite decent for 4 to 5 years.

Edited by Smit Devrukhkar

Desktop :

Laptop :