Hello guys, I am a medical student and gamer, with my professor we were doing a research for my channel about blue light effects, and how to protect your eyes during long days in front of the screen ? What do you think! Do you protect yourself?

578747EE-48D2-450B-8B4F-0B5FAC8B6F56.jpeg

protecting againts what really?

I've been in front of monitor for 20+ years at least 8 hours a day.

My complaint is only red eye from time to time, because of dry eyes.

Ryzen 5700g @ 4.4ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | 3060 | 2x 16gb Micron E 2666 @ 4200mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750聽| 12 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull聽| Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w

My desktop monitor is no problem,with my phone i lower the brightness to a comfortable level.

A PC Enthusiast聽since 2011
AMD Ryzen 7 5700X@4.65GHz | GIGABYTE聽GTX 1660 GAMING OC聽@ Core聽2085MHz Memory 5000MHz
Cinebench R23: 15669cb | Unigine Superposition 1080p Extreme: 3566

I see no reason to use any glasses for blue light, as there is no evidence of it actually affecting your eye sight. Unlike the sun which has a lot of blue and UV light (UV is actually harmful, the reason blue causes alarm is cause of being close to the same spectrum),聽screens emit very little blue light compared to it.聽

CPU聽| Ryzen 7 2700X聽Motherboard |聽ASUS ROG STRIX B450-F (not my proudest buy but it was on sale at the time)聽RAM |聽3200mhz Trident Z 16GB聽GPU聽|聽EVGA GeForce RTX 2070聽Case |聽Lian Li 011 Air聽Storage |聽500GB NVME for boot, 1TB storage, x3 3TB in raid 5 for long term storage聽PSU |聽Thermaltake Toughpower Grand聽Display(s) |聽240hz 1080p Asus display, 4k cheap display from korea聽Cooling |聽Enermax LIQFusion 240mm聽Keyboard(s)聽| White fox w/ NK Creams( lubed with 205g0) and DSA Nerd Keycaps
, Tofu (e-white) w/ Hako Royal Purples (lubed with 104g0) and GMK Olivia, TGR Alice w/ Nixies (lubed with 205g0), Switch Coulture Alice w/ C3 Tangerines (lubed with 205g0) waiting for DSA Magic Girl, HHKB Pro 2, Leopold FC660C聽Mice |聽Glorious Model O, Zowie Divina EC1-B, Logitech MX Master

The monitors I use today have blue light reduction and I use those modes.聽 It has helped with eye strain throughout the day.聽 I also take frequent breaks where I rest my eyes (i.e. get up/move around/don't look at monitors)

1 hour ago, SupaKomputa said:

protecting againts what really?

I've been in front of monitor for 20+ years at least 8 hours a day.

My complaint is only red eye from time to time, because of dry eyes.

Macular degeneration process ( eye cells dying in human language) is a process that gets affected by blue light of the screens and appears 聽earlier 聽than normal, also sleep disorders are common because blue light is connected to the body biological clock. Macular degeneration is not something that will give you immediate symptoms , it develops within the years and the result 聽is reduced eye sharpness and others. Thats why its good to protect yourself even if you do not feel anything . Many problems appear only after 60-70 pr of the cells are dead till that number the organism manage to control the loss by using different compensatory mechanisms.聽

48 minutes ago, PyroTheWise said:

The monitors I use today have blue light reduction and I use those modes.聽 It has helped with eye strain throughout the day.聽 I also take frequent breaks where I rest my eyes (i.e. get up/move around/don't look at monitors)

Good job, also 20 min at least before going to sleep turn of your screen and lamps around you so the body natural biological clock can prepare for sleep, blue light is affecting it :)

1 hour ago, Tiona said:

I see no reason to use any glasses for blue light, as there is no evidence of it actually affecting your eye sight. Unlike the sun which has a lot of blue and UV light (UV is actually harmful, the reason blue causes alarm is cause of being close to the same spectrum),聽screens emit very little blue light compared to it.聽

Blue light is not the correct term to be honest because the different shades has different wavelenght. Blue-violet light is the one closest to UV but UV is stopped by the eye natural mechanism, and blue is not and since it has small wavelenght and high energy within time and long exposition cause death cells in the macula which is the spot with the most important cells for color and form vision.聽

1 hour ago, For Science! said:

Wasn't your PC a glowing blue box?聽馃槀

7BFA5AB2-BACE-4104-ADA4-82492A8C4D81.jpeg.12cca1bf0b4dc1709c6aa5565a834446.jpeg

Thats why i have glasses with the special coverage 馃榾

Scam, no proof it affects people in any way.

路脧垄氓r碌搂路

i7 4790k 路 32GB Kingston HyperX 路 MSI Gaming 5 路 ... 路 30" HP ZR30W + 27" Samsung 275T 路 2x240GB Intel 530 in Raid 0 + 2x1TB Crucial MX500 路 Lain-Li X2000F 路 Antec Signature SG-850 路 BeQuiet! Dark Rock 3 Pro 路 Logitech Z5500 路 Win10pro 64bit

1 hour ago, IcarusLSC said:

Scam, no proof it affects people in any way.

I sure hope so. I've spent 8 hours or more a day, basically every single day, in front of a computer since I was 7.

Going on 20 years of that now and so far, no reduction in eyesight or color sensitivity.

If the long standing claim is correct then I'm rekt.

The opinion on the matter is about evenly split among people claiming to be experts.

ENCRYPTION IS NOT A CRIME

9 hours ago, Gabby Tech said:

Good job, also 20 min at least before going to sleep turn of your screen and lamps around you so the body natural biological clock can prepare for sleep, blue light is affecting it :)

A study was done not too long ago that says it doesn't actually do anything to our sleep cycle or it may be more beneficial to use cooler lighting at night

馃尣馃尣馃尣

鈼捖犫棐聽

10 hours ago, Gabby Tech said:

Blue light is not the correct term to be honest because the different shades has different wavelenght. Blue-violet light is the one closest to UV but UV is stopped by the eye natural mechanism, and blue is not and since it has small wavelenght and high energy within time and long exposition cause death cells in the macula which is the spot with the most important cells for color and form vision.聽

This is entirely false and has been debunked by every opthalmologist in existence.

https://www.health.harvard.edu/blog/will-blue-light-from-electronic-devices-increase-my-risk-of-macular-degeneration-and-blindness-2019040816365

Standing outside during a sunny day for 10 minutes blasts your eyes with 100x more blue light than staring at a phone screen for 8 hours would.聽

MacBook Pro 16 -聽i9-9980HK聽- Radeon Pro 5500m 8GB聽-聽32GB DDR4 - 2TB聽NVME

iPhone 12 Mini / Sony WH-1000XM4 / Bose Companion 20