New (AUD) streaming build

Rileypoio
2 minutes ago, Rileypoio said:

I will see about that tips on overclocking as I have never done it before

If you want to avoid overclocking, you can also get a faster CPU. X58 boards are famed for their compatibility with old Xeons, 6 core options like a Xeon X5670 is like $20 in the US and it performs quite well. The i7-920 is one of the slower models of that era so you don't have to go far to find a quicker processor.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

2 minutes ago, Fasauceome said:

If you want to avoid overclocking, you can also get a faster CPU. X58 boards are famed for their compatibility with old Xeons, 6 core options like a Xeon X5670 is like $20 in the US and it performs quite well. The i7-920 is one of the slower models of that era so you don't have to go far to find a quicker processor.

I would like to check it out but I want to avoid amazon newegg and eBay.

would that still bottleneck with the 2070

3 minutes ago, Rileypoio said:

I would like to check it out but I want to avoid amazon newegg and eBay.

why do you want to avoid all of the major retailers that will make this possible? Seriously, this is why people think you're trolling. eBay is a massive help here, unless you want to comb facebook market and letgo, or whatever else is available in your area to find a used CPU that's compatible. It's impossible to get an all new CPU and GPU, high end enough for your performance needs, and also in a $1000 budget, without any of these 3 retailers.

would that still bottleneck with the 2070

depends on the game, since you're targeting 1440p you're leaning more on the graphics card which won't hit the CPU as hard, but since it's so old there will be certain titles where it slows the experience down a bit. You would still be able to look up overclocking guides on youtube if you want to alleviate this, many people are rocking their old X58 CPUs to this day with top tier GPUs.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

9 minutes ago, Fasauceome said:

why do you want to avoid all of the major retailers that will make this possible? Seriously, this is why people think you're trolling. eBay is a massive help here, unless you want to comb facebook market and letgo, or whatever else is available in your area to find a used CPU that's compatible. It's impossible to get an all new CPU and GPU, high end enough for your performance needs, and also in a $1000 budget, without any of these 3 retailers.

depends on the game, since you're targeting 1440p you're leaning more on the graphics card which won't hit the CPU as hard, but since it's so old there will be certain titles where it slows the experience down a bit. You would still be able to look up overclocking guides on youtube if you want to alleviate this, many people are rocking their old X58 CPUs to this day with top tier GPUs.

I don’t like those sites because I don’t really know how to check on them to see if it is not fake otherwise I would be looking on those sites all the time. I’m targeting 1080p

8 minutes ago, Rileypoio said:

I don’t like those sites because I don’t really know how to check on them to see if it is not fake

purchase protection is a big deal on those sites. You're basically guaranteed to get your money back immediately. Not to mention the product listings are equally "fake" among all major retailers, and since newegg and amazon are basically the biggest tech retailers in the world, I highly doubt you need to worry about getting scammed more on those sites than other, smaller retailers.

8 minutes ago, Rileypoio said:

I’m targeting 1080p

if you are looking for only 1080p performance then you can downsize the GPU and upgrade the CPU.

This PC gives you a really solid upgrade path and a lot of quality components that you would be able to use in later builds:

Primary PC:

3 minutes ago, Fasauceome said:

purchase protection is a big deal on those sites. You're basically guaranteed to get your money back immediately. Not to mention the product listings are equally "fake" among all major retailers, and since newegg and amazon are basically the biggest tech retailers in the world, I highly doubt you need to worry about getting scammed more on those sites than other, smaller retailers.

if you are looking for only 1080p performance then you can downsize the GPU and upgrade the CPU.

This PC gives you a really solid upgrade path and a lot of quality components that you would be able to use in later builds:

I’ve done a little research a i7 990x oced to 130% and the gpu was downgraded to 85% that will equal a 15% bottleneck

1 minute ago, Rileypoio said:

I’ve done a little research a i7 990x oced to 130% and the gpu was downgraded to 85% that will equal a 15% bottleneck

bottleneck calculators are not useful. That data is irrelevant.

I recommended a different GPU for 1080p anyway.

Primary PC:

1 minute ago, Fasauceome said:

bottleneck calculators are not useful. That data is irrelevant.

I recommended a different GPU for 1080p anyway.

Ok what gpu would you recommend I’m thinking 2060? Or 1660

1 minute ago, Rileypoio said:

Ok what gpu would you recommend I’m thinking 2060? Or 1660

here it is again:

8 minutes ago, Fasauceome said:

Primary PC:

Just now, Fasauceome said:

here it is again:

Thanks for the help for a couple hours I would look into it

So currently I have a GT 1030 silent and wanted to upgrade. I want to spend about $200-$350 (AUD) on a GPU to play 1080p almost max settings. I want to stream and if that means dropping some settings I am fine with that.

a 1660 or 1660 super are the fastest cards in that price bracket new but full system specs would be nice.

Good luck, Have fun, Build PC, and have a last gen console for use once a year. I should answer most of the time between 9 to 3 PST

NightHawk 3.0: R7 5700x @, B550A vision D, H105, 2x32gb Oloy 3600, Sapphire RX 6700XT  Nitro+, Corsair RM750X, 500 gb 850 evo, 2tb rocket and 5tb Toshiba x300, 2x 6TB WD Black W10 all in a 750D airflow.
GF PC: (nighthawk 2.0): R7 2700x, B450m vision D, 4x8gb Geli 2933, Strix GTX970, CX650M RGB, Obsidian 350D

Skunkworks: R5 3500U, 16gb, 500gb Adata XPG 6000 lite, Vega 8. HP probook G455R G6 Ubuntu 20. LTS

Condor (MC server): 6600K, z170m plus, 16gb corsair vengeance LPX, samsung 750 evo, EVGA BR 450.

Spirt  (NAS) ASUS Z9PR-D12, 2x E5 2620V2, 8x4gb, 24 3tb HDD. F80 800gb cache, trueNAS, 2x12disk raid Z3 stripped

PSU Tier List      Motherboard Tier List     SSD Tier List     How to get PC parts cheap    HP probook 445R G6 review

"Stupidity is like trying to find a limit of a constant. You are never truly smart in something, just less stupid."

Camera Gear: X-S10, 16-80 F4, 60D, 24-105 F4, 50mm F1.4, Helios44-m, 2 Cos-11D lavs

So currently I have a GT 1030 silent and wanted to upgrade. I want to spend about $200-$350 (AUD) on a GPU to play 1080p almost max settings. I want to stream and if that means dropping some settings I am fine with that.

1080p max settings is pretty difficult at higher framerates. For example my PC (in my sig) can't play most games (even older ones) at high settings and 144fps. If you're willing to comprimise though, and accept lower graphics settings you could get a pretty good experience from less than $100 (used).

REMILIA Mk.IIIE CPU: Ryzen 9 3900X, Cooler: Arctic Freezer II 240 (Noctua NT-H2), RAM: 4x 8Gb sticks of Patriot Viper Steel Series 3600 CL17, Mobo: AsRock X570 Taichi, GPU: Inno3D RTX 3080 iChill x4 10G, Storage: 1TB Intel 670p NVME SSD boot drive, a few 1TB and 512gb SATA/NVME SSDs for game storage, 6 hard drives 1-4 TB, PSU: Corsair RM750 MY2019, Case: Cooler Master Mastercase 5 MC500 (with add-ons, Noctua NF-A14 and Arctic P14 fans), PCIE Cards: Cheap Chinese Marvell 88SE9215 4 port SATA card, Sonnet Allegro USB3.2 Card Monitors: ViewSonic Elite XG270QC (165hz, 1ms MPRT, 1440p, VA, Freesync PP, pneumatic stand), Hp Z27n (IPS, 60hz, 1440p, 8Ms), iiyama G2530HSU-B (75Hz, Freesync, one in landscape, one in Portrait, all on pneumatic monitor stands).

Mic: iSK UPM-1 USB XLR interface with Neewer NW700, Audio: Sabaj A3 160W DAC/AMP + Wharfdale Diamond 220 + Mission MS6 Sub, ifi Zen DAC v2 + ifi Zen CAN, Littledot Mk.II (w/ Soviet Power tubes and British Mulard M8100s/Soviet Voshkod 6JP-EV/ American General Electric JAN 5654W dependent on mood), Sendy Aiva (Primary), Beyer Dynamic DT990 250ohm Black Special Edition, Audeze EL-8 Open Back, Sennheiser HD598SE (modified to be a headset, snapped headband held together with gorilla tape), Mouse: SteelSeries Rival 600, Keyboard: Glorious GMMK ISO with Mengmoda MMD Tactile (main) and Kailh Box Navy (Function keys), Tribosys 3203 brush lubed, Taihao Green forest caps.

KOAKUMA Mk.IB (24/7 Folding Slave PC made of spare parts): CPU: Core i7 4770, Cooler: Some small antex cooler with 80mm fan, RAM: 2x 4Gb Sticks of 2400Mhz DDR3, Mobo: Asus H81i-Plus, GPU: R9 390 Nitro+ (barely fits in case), Storage: 256gb Korean no-name SATA SSD, PSU: Corsair CX550 (Gray label), Case: Antec ISK600 ITX case. [Given away to friend]

4 minutes ago, glenalz81 said:

Need your system specs, inc the case.

I’ve got a i7 950

12 gigs of ram

case can support any 350mm gpu and below

we’d to upgrade my psu so I won’t bother with that 

I’m not too sure on the mobo it’s from gigabyte

iam going to upgrade all this sooner I case of bottlenecks

You need a full system upgrade, we've been over it. The 950 cannot keep up even with a 1650

1 minute ago, 5x5 said:

You need a full system upgrade, we've been over it. The 950 cannot keep up even with a 1650

I was going to upgrade the cpu to a 990x sorry I didn’t say that

Just now, Rileypoio said:

I was going to upgrade the cpu to a 990x sorry I didn’t say that

That won't make a difference. It's still slower than the Ryzen 3 1200 and i3 8100

1 minute ago, 5x5 said:

That won't make a difference. It's still slower than the Ryzen 3 1200 and i3 8100

Alright

start with this and save some money for a cpu/mobo/ram upgrade soon after

PCPartPicker Part List
Type Item Price
Video Card Gigabyte Radeon RX 570 4 GB GAMING Video Card $205.00 @ Shopping Express
Power Supply Cooler Master MasterWatt 550 W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-modular ATX Power Supply $99.00 @ Austin Computers
  Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts  
  Total $304.00
  Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-04-21 21:40 AEST+1000  

2 minutes ago, 5x5 said:

I’ve done erase arch and the 990x can support a 1650 super fine

Just now, Rileypoio said:

I’ve done erase arch and the 990x can support a 1650 super fine

It will bottleneck it. Badly. Your CPU is slower than the FX series CPUs. It's as slow as the FX4300. It won't run well, at all

4 minutes ago, boggy77 said:

start with this and save some money for a cpu/mobo/ram upgrade soon after

PCPartPicker Part List
Type Item Price
Video Card Gigabyte Radeon RX 570 4 GB GAMING Video Card $205.00 @ Shopping Express
Power Supply Cooler Master MasterWatt 550 W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-modular ATX Power Supply $99.00 @ Austin Computers
  Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts  
  Total $304.00
  Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-04-21 21:40 AEST+1000  

Thank you