Memory and cpu problems?

Hi, for the past few months I am having probelm with my cpu, memory and motherboard I think, the combo I have is x3900 + (4x8) 3600mhz cl16(G.skill B-die) + crosshair vi hero.
Now I know that the MB is rated for 3200mhz, but it lets me put 3600mhz(not sure if that's bad or not).

Now the issues are that sometimes my PC freezes completely and I have to force shutdown, and when I boot back up it doesn't boot and gives a random memory related Q code,

and after a second hard shutdown it goes into safe-boot, and I restart the PC again and it boots normally.

As for now I underclocked my memory to 3200mhz cl14 with ryzen dram calc, hopefully it'll be okay.

The main issue I think I'm having though is related to voltage draw, as my cpu shows in BIOS it draws around ~1.5V and my ram draws ~1.43V.
Doesn't matter what I put in manual, it just doesn't listen, and if I'm trying offset it's the same deal.

And my cpu idle temps are around 65-75 and my cooling is the Kraken X62.

Is the MB the issue here? Today I tried to boot the PC up after not using it for around 9 hours, it gave me Q code 8, which is CPU related I think.

The build is brand new, about 4 months old, I came from intel so being tight with memory and stuff is new to me, if someone knows better how to deal with this and hopefully solve it I'll very much appreciate it.!

13 minutes ago, SaHaRzZz said:

Hi, for the past few months I am having probelm with my cpu, memory and motherboard I think, the combo I have is x3900 + (4x8) 3600mhz cl16(G.skill B-die) + crosshair vi hero.
Now I know that the MB is rated for 3200mhz, but it lets me put 3600mhz(not sure if that's bad or not).

Now the issues are that sometimes my PC freezes completely and I have to force shutdown, and when I boot back up it doesn't boot and gives a random memory related Q code,

and after a second hard shutdown it goes into safe-boot, and I restart the PC again and it boots normally.

As for now I underclocked my memory to 3200mhz cl14 with ryzen dram calc, hopefully it'll be okay.

The main issue I think I'm having though is related to voltage draw, as my cpu shows in BIOS it draws around ~1.5V and my ram draws ~1.43V.
Doesn't matter what I put in manual, it just doesn't listen, and if I'm trying offset it's the same deal.

And my cpu idle temps are around 65-75 and my cooling is the Kraken X62.

Is the MB the issue here? Today I tried to boot the PC up after not using it for around 9 hours, it gave me Q code 8, which is CPU related I think.

The build is brand new, about 4 months old, I came from intel so being tight with memory and stuff is new to me, if someone knows better how to deal with this and hopefully solve it I'll very much appreciate it.!

Run one by one test!

cpu test intensive first like aida64, cinebench etc.

then gpu test like ati tool or vantage.

then check with afterburner and hardware info the voltage and ghz, specs.

Its very general but since the mix ram-mobo-cpu-gpu= frezee , you have to spot the dirty one first.

2 hours ago, muito_gostoso said:

Run one by one test!

cpu test intensive first like aida64, cinebench etc.

then gpu test like ati tool or vantage.

then check with afterburner and hardware info the voltage and ghz, specs.

Its very general but since the mix ram-mobo-cpu-gpu= frezee , you have to spot the dirty one first.

I know for sure that the GPU is alright, because it was brought from my previous Intel build

And the thing is that I think the freezes occur in RAM related stuff.
Like whenever I use high amounts of RAM, it freezes, it doesn't happened when I'm gaming.

But as for the tests, I did lots of them a few months ago with the same setup, memory held fine @3600mhz cl16 in memtest86,
I ran prime95 and cinebench and heavyload and everything seemed alright.

idk what do you mean by checking with afterburner? do you mean using kombustor or checking my OC?
I'm not OCing at the moment and my temps with my GPU are really good.

with hwinfo it gives me these values in the CPU section(uploaded an image), and I'm idling.
Already checked background proccesses and formatted, it didn't change much, I'm not pirating anything so I don't have any viruses to drain my resources.
And I am getting high temps in BIOS anyway so I don't think it's related to software.

image.png

19 minutes ago, SaHaRzZz said:

I know for sure that the GPU is alright, because it was brought from my previous Intel build

And the thing is that I think the freezes occur in RAM related stuff.
Like whenever I use high amounts of RAM, it freezes, it doesn't happened when I'm gaming.

But as for the tests, I did lots of them a few months ago with the same setup, memory held fine @3600mhz cl16 in memtest86,
I ran prime95 and cinebench and heavyload and everything seemed alright.

idk what do you mean by checking with afterburner? do you mean using kombustor or checking my OC?
I'm not OCing at the moment and my temps with my GPU are really good.

with hwinfo it gives me these values in the CPU section(uploaded an image), and I'm idling.
Already checked background proccesses and formatted, it didn't change much, I'm not pirating anything so I don't have any viruses to drain my resources.
And I am getting high temps in BIOS anyway so I don't think it's related to software.

image.png

use just 1 stick of ram for testing!

well i was to say maybe you have thermal trottling i see 86.1 c and 87.4 c, using msi afterburner you can spot thermal throttling and frezees easily.

another thing is if you can plug and replug all your components to check connection issues.

if you have some other spare part you can try mixing components and see if frezee still happens.

setting your bios all to defaults could help to.

sorry to be to general but wen i have frezees its by drivers or bad o.s. configuration,not hardware related.

can you confirm yo are not thermal throttling like this with afterburner?

are you using windows 10 right?, sometimes exist also S-O throttling in windows due amdppm.sys disable in testing ,run these.

1.-RUN REGEDIT MY THROTLE STOP TO SEE HIGH PERFORMANCE TAB IN POWER OPTIONS.

2.-Browse to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\amdppm.sys and set the 'Start' value to '4' (=> disabled). AND REBOOT.

3.-Browse to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\CONTROL/POWER/CSENABLED --------------< set 0 and reboot.

cheers.

post-238877-0-23658100-1435441591.png

24 minutes ago, muito_gostoso said:

well i was to say maybe you have thermal trottling i see 86.1 c and 87.4 c, using msi afterburner you can spot thermal throttling and frezees easily.

another thing is if you can plug and replug all your components to check connection issues.

if you have some other spare part you can try mixing components and see if frezee still happens.

sorry to be to general but wen i have frezees its by drivers or bad o.s. configuration,not hardware related.

are you using windows 10 right?, sometimes exist also S-O throttling in windows due amdppm.sys disable in testing ,run these.

2.-Browse to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\amdppm.sys and set the 'Start' value to '4' (=> disabled). AND REBOOT.

3.-Browse to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\CONTROL/POWER/CSENABLED --------------< set 0 and reboot.

cheers.

I've changed the values in the registry, now when I tried running cinebench and watching the temps, I didn't hear the fans and Ive opened iCue to discovered that the commander pro section is bugged.
Something is very wrong and I really don't know what, but I'll start with reinstalling this software and go from there.

Should I do anything specific afterwards?
Like removing the ram sticks and testing with 1 installed? is it related to the temps?

1 hour ago, muito_gostoso said:

cheers.

One more thing, I opened my case(NZXT H710) and each time I do I find this disturbing(image).
It's like the AIO is blocked, although there is technically a way for the air to be ventilated it seemed like it's almost nothing.
I couldn't find anything related to this on the internet, probably because the case is still new

IMG_20200420_085948.jpg

1 hour ago, SaHaRzZz said:

One more thing, I opened my case(NZXT H710) and each time I do I find this disturbing(image).
It's like the AIO is blocked, although there is technically a way for the air to be ventilated it seemed like it's almost nothing.
I couldn't find anything related to this on the internet, probably because the case is still new

IMG_20200420_085948.jpg

1.- use windows 10 compact os edition, i strongly recomend it, there are some build in internet they are safe and official and use the tool heidoc to download the latest version of windwos 10 first. and make a fresh intalation.

2.-insall newest drivers and use just 1 stick of ram to make your test, i mean to descard ram issues, the ram does not make or is related to thermal issues.

3.-install afterburner with osd and run the benchmarks and stress test watching carefully the behaviour of the graphs, make sure you are not tnrottling in gpu-cpu.

4.-un plug and replug all the components of your pc.

5.- your case is just fine you have good cooling due the 3 fans. 

check your bios!, if you have a temp setting when the cpu gpu starts throttling.

sorry if i insist in the throttling since your hardware is almost new , i dont think you have damage hardware, im almost sure you need fine tunning of your system.

cheers.

win-downloader.png