Why does it make soooo much noise?!?!

arumat

hello 

i recently made a purchase of a desktop pc and the main reason i buyed a what i think expensive was so that it ran my games cool and not forced or making noise.

i dont have many games  out of them 2 make soooo much fan noise that even whit the sound bar really up for the games music i prefer to play those games on my ps4 just bc of the noise.

computer is:

Liquid Cooled Intel i7-9700K, 64GB RAM, 1TB NVMe SSD + 2TB HDD, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 8GB, 600W Gold PSU, Windows 10

and the games i got are:

dark souls 1, 2 and 3, street fighter V, divinity original sin 2 and final fantasy xiv, out of those ffxiv and divinity 2 wich are both old games (final fantasy is like 5 years old and dinity 2-3 i belive) they make sooooooooooooooooo much noise, yet the dark souls games and sf5 barely make noise.

so my question is, why they make that much noise? it ough whit a rtx 2080 those games where gonna run silent cause it wont force the video card or is there anything i should cheek that wold lower all that noise? 

id really apreciate any tips for this as i said earlier i prefer to play on ps4 just bc of the noise on those games.

P.s. Oh yeah i play on max settings and i have a 2k res monitor so i play both games on 2k res and max settings.

From that same Amazon page...

I have bought multiple (3-4) CUKUSA computers in the past with no problems. However this machine (which should be a beast at any kind of gaming) was exhibiting terrible stuttering on even older, less demanding games (Overwatch for instance). At first I thought it was a problem with the new GPU 2080 series, but a bit more diagnostic digging revealed that the CPU temperature was being pegged at 99c, and thus began underclocking itself to not burn up (see graphs). So looking inside and removing the liquid cooler I noticed not only was there no thermal paste - there was NO CONTACT between the CPU and the cooler, and in fact, the cooler that is installed would have no way of contacting even if the risers weren't there, as it is too wide and would hit other components on the motherboard. Whoever built this system clearly did not do any Quality Assurance on it. Taking a picture with my phone revealed a visible, large air gap between the cooler and the CPU. Air gaps; good for infosec, bad for heat transfer. Of course CUKUSA seems to be closed for Thanksgiving holiday. Overall disappointing and will no longer be supporting this builder unless this is fixed very quickly, and without me having to send the whole machine back.

Also it looks like the AIO runs at the front behind the glass panel!? How does it get air?

9 minutes ago, Roanan said:

Try changing the thermal paste on the AIO and the GPU to Arctic Silver or Kryonaut.
You may have bad stock paste, or just bad contact

Termal Paste has zero impact on any noise whatsoever.

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO

15 minutes ago, arumat said:

Are comfortable moving the cpu cooler to check? I mean first things first, download HW monitor or similar add see what the cpu does under stress as far as temp goes, same with GPU, should be able to source out whats causing the noise based on whats heating up the most. Also if you do decide to remove the cooler dont do it unless you have thermal past on hand to reapply afterwards

1 minute ago, Praesi said:

Termal Paste has zero impact on any noise whatsoever.

Directly yes, but if the thermal paste is bad and the components are heating up beyond what they should, the fans will all ramp up provided they are being controlled based on temps

1 minute ago, Ravendarat said:

Directly yes, but if the thermal paste is bad and the components are heating up beyond what they should, the fans will all ramp up provided they are being controlled based on temps

No termal paste is this bad. Thats 100% not his issue.

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO

Just now, Praesi said:

Thats debatable, and if there is not enough thermal paste or it is not spread out evenly that could be causing the problem.

Just now, Praesi said:

If its missing completely or partial application it absolutely could be. We also dont really know what the definition of "soooo much noise" is. Whats super loud to the op might be acceptable to someone else

1 minute ago, Ravendarat said:

If its missing completely or partial application it absolutely could be. We also dont really know what the definition of "soooo much noise" is. Whats super loud to the op might be acceptable to someone else

If its missing he would see bluescreens, not noise. But hey, its prebuild. Everything is possible i guess. One of the Reasons i would never buy those.

1 minute ago, Roanan said:

Not true.
My 2070 Ventus temps went from 72 under load to 64 JUST by changing to Arctic Silver

If done correctly the usual differences between different pastes are ~5C°. Not enough to make the Fans go crazy.

But again. Its prebuild. Those People safe Money whereever they can. God knows what they have used. Easy to apply new paste tho.

3 hours ago, Praesi said:

If its missing he would see bluescreens, not noise. But hey, its prebuild. 

I run my test bench without thermal paste fairly often if I'm not oc'ing since a decent aftermarket cooler can keep temps in check just fine without it. 

@arumat Can you identify which components are too noisy? What are temps under load?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

I took at the pictures on the Amazon page and noticed that your motherboard's fan headers are not populated. My guess is all six of those case fans are plugged directly into 12V DC and running at 100%. If the fans have a 3 pin option, get some splitters and attach them to your motherboard's fan headers then set a fan curve in the BIOS (You can also go easy mode and select "silent" as you have six fans). I wouldn't go more than 2 fans per header as I don't know what their rated current draw is. 

I took at the pictures on the Amazon page and noticed that your motherboard's fan headers are not populated. My guess is all six of those case fans are plugged directly into 12V DC and running at 100%. If the fans have a 3 pin option, get some splitters and attach them to your motherboard's fan headers then set a fan curve in the BIOS (You can also go easy mode and select "silent" as you have six fans). I wouldn't go more than 2 fans per header as I don't know what their rated current draw is. 

Taking a second look, that appears to be a blower style graphics card. If you GPU has only one fan, then I have to inform you that it will never be quiet. 

Hello

Thank you all for trying to figure out the problem, i know sometimes its hard to detect a computer problem whit just words, but id really wold like to detect what it is to try and fix it if possible.

The video card its a gigabite rtx 2080 model i belive i know i have the manual ill try to look for it to make sure and then maybe you can confirm me if it is a fan model or not, i understand that if the game is demanding too much the fans should go max but wow arent there models that dont make this sounds????

As for the Termal past altough i have assamble some computers before i dont fell sure doing the termal past thing.

ill record some footage whit my phone and see if i can post it here so you can heard the sound and maybe you great ppl point me in a good solution.

@arumat Here is an example of a blower style card.

https://www.newegg.com/pny-geforce-rtx-2080-ti-vcg2080t11blppb/p/N82E16814133801?Description=2080ti blower&cm_re=2080ti_blower-_-14-133-801-_-Product

They are designed to exhaust the hot air out the rear of the case. They are great for making sure internal temperatures of the computer stay under control but have to extract a lot more work out of their fans as they usually have less mass and only the one fan.

As for getting a model that won't make so much noise you can absolutely do that. Pretty much any other design GPU cooler will lower your volumes if you indeed have the problem style GPU. You could try a Gigabyte windforce. They have 3 fans and should run a lot cooler.

Hi everyone, sorry for the delay

so here are 4 videos i record whit my phone of the computer running 2 different games so maybe you can heard the noise its doing, the first 2 are when it turns on and running SFV, noise is low, then the other 2 are running FFXIV and it does a lot of noise.

Tomorrow i plan on taking the cover out to do a lil cleaning and cheek the graphics card because the books are in my office and because of the virus im not attending.

Maybe u guys can point if the big noise comes from the graphics or the fans, if it its the fans ill def buy new ones right away.

Thanks

• 4 weeks later...

Here are some pics of my computer from the inside where can see the graphics card and how they build it.

Id pareciate if theres some tips on how i can lower the noise or if theres nothing i can do other than get another system.

Thank you.

IMG-6874.jpg

IMG-6877.jpg

IMG-6878.jpg

IMG-6879.jpg

IMG-6880.jpg

IMG-6881.jpg

Ok yeah, the blower style (single fan) GPU is probably making that noise. Only thing you can really do to stop that noise is to replace it with a different card that has either a dual-fan or triple-fan cooler.

Also, as an aside, clean your PC. It's looking a little dusty. Use compressed air and a microfiber cloth if possible.

MAIN PC:

CPU: Intel® Core™ i9-9900K Processor  Motherboard: Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro Wifi  CPU Cooler: Scythe Fuma 2  GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra  RAM: Corsair Vengeance 32GB (4x8GB) 3000Mhz CL15

Case: CoolerMaster TD500 Mesh PSU: Thermaltake GF1 PE 750w Storage: 1TB Western Digital Blue 3D + 1TB Crucial P1 + 1TB ADATA XPG Gammix S11 Pro + 4TB Seagate Barracuda 5400RPM OS: Windows 10 Home

Headphones: Philips SHP9500s   Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB MK.2 Cherry MX Red  Displays: Gigabyte M27Q (27" 1440p 170hz IPS), Samsung UN32EH4003FXZA (32" 768p 60hz TV)

SECONDARY PC:

CPU: Intel® Core™ i3-9100F Processor  Motherboard: ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming 4-CB  CPU Cooler: Arctic Alpine 12 CO  GPU: EVGA RTX 3060 XC RAM: ADATA XPG 16GB (2x8GB) 2400Mhz CL16

Case: CyberpowerPC Onyxia  PSU: ATNG ATA-B 800w 80 Plus Bronze  Storage: 500GB Samsung 850 EVO + 2TB Seagate FireCuda SSHD 5400RPM    OS: Windows 10 Home

Former parts that I've used: Acer XG270HU, Asus Dual OC 2080, Gigabyte Aorus Master 3080, Gigabyte Gaming OC 3080, EVGA XC3 Ultra 3080, EVGA FTW3 Ultra 3080 Ti

Thanks, ya main reason i took it apart was to clean it, but yeah its too bad i have to replace card to get rid of some of the noise since to replace it i have to sell it and its not to easy in my country.

I apreciate all the input tough and this is something ill keep in mind for my next purchase for sure.