Lg Ips234v 23" Ips Monitor

gazf1

I am on a budget of 180 euros. After some research on the internet i found this monitor for 159. I am not a hardcore gamer so i don't really care about 120hz monitors, but i want an ips for the viewing angles and the better colour reproduction. I am currently using a 6 year old LG 19" monitor (FLATRON L1952S). I only play BF3. Ghosting and motion blur do matter to me a lot and i found that this monitor has none.

My pc specs are: MSI p67A-c43 B3

Core i3 2100

8 gigs of Corsair xms3 1600 mhz

7870 or gtx 700 series (waiting)

http://www.lg.com/uk/monitors/lg-IPS234V-led-monitor

Any suggetions?

Kind regards,

Gaz

It's a great monitor, get it.

It's the or one of the cheapest IPS panel arround, of course low-end, but I am personally suprrised how it is good and well it performs for such low price.

I don't think you'll find a better deal.

It's a great monitor, get it.

It's the or one of the cheapest IPS panel arround, of course low-end, but I am personally suprrised how it is good and well it performs for such low price.

I don't think you'll find a better deal.

Thank you very much for your reply. I am curious though, what is the difference between this and the LG IPS234V-PN. I am confused. Different models???

I don't know. I see no difference.

I think it has to do with region or something.

Although when I search on LG web site the "-PN" model, it gets to the buisness section. But the specs are identical.

No idea, to ne honest.

I don't know. I see no difference.

I think it has to do with region or something.

Although when I search on LG web site the "-PN" model, it gets to the buisness section. But the specs are identical.

No idea, to ne honest.

Thank you so much for your effort mate. Really appreciated. Your opinion is of great value to me. if i find something new i will let you know asap.

Take care.

I have the monitor that you are talking about. Apart from the wobbly stand (which I don't really care about as you don't even notice it unless shake your desk violently) it is an amazing panel with great viewing angles and good colour reproduction.

It's well built apart from the plastic stand so I like it. I compared it to my old TN monitor and noticed a huge difference. 

I can't tell you about gaming performance as I don't game. Check out other reviews on amazon that will confirm what I have just said.