Sansung Galaxy S5 will have a fingerprint scanner

Early in 2014, rumors suggested that Samsung Galaxy S5 will have Fingerprint Scanning technology like iPhone 5s.

Samsung Galaxy S5 fingerprint sensor will be implemented into the Galaxy S5’s Home button.

The sensor itself works in a swipe manner, which means that you would need to swipe the entire pad of your finger, from base to tip, across the home key to register your fingerprint properly.

Also, you would need to keep your finger flat against the home key and swipe at a moderate speed or else it won’t recognize your fingerprint.

You can feed total 8 fingerprints in Galaxy S5 and assign each fingerprint a different task or use it as an app shortcut, but at least 1 fingerprint must be used to unlock the device.

Samsung has also introduced a new Personal Folder and Private Modewhere user will be able to hide apps and content that can only be accessed by a traditional password or PIN or the assigned fingerprint.

Users will also be able to sign in into websites and their Samsung accounts using the fingerprint sensor and while scanning fingerprints, the device will display an image of the fingerprint in real time on the screen.

So it's like the Iphone one, but it sucks a little bit. IMO they are trying too much to get sued.

Source: http://thehackernews.com/2014/02/confirmed-samsung-galaxy-s5-has.html

Post on SamMobile explaining it: http://www.sammobile.com/2014/02/17/explained-samsungs-implementation-of-the-fingerprint-sensor-on-the-upcoming-galaxy-s5/

Signatures are stupid.

Aaaaand Apple is preparing for war...

Andres "Bluejay" Alejandro Montefusco - The Forums Favorite Bird!!!

Top Clock: 7.889 Ghz Cooled by: Liquid Helium   

#ChocolateRAM #OatmealFans #ScratchItHarder #WorstcardBestoverclocker #CrazySexStories #SchnitzelQuest TS3 SERVER

NNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. THis is going to consume processes, storage, RAM, suck and be a fail. WHY SANSUMG?!?! WWWHHHHYYYYYYY?!?!??!?!?!

I wan't an ass scanner now. Sit on ass to unlock. :P

The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.

WP8.1 update looks cool, where are all the windows phones.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

Apple didn't invent the finger print scanner nor did they invent the finger print scanner to unlock a phone, if it doesn't infringe Apples patent they won't be sued.

|| Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 2600 || RAM: 32GB (4x8GB) Corsair DDR4 Vengance (3000) || Motherboard: ASUS Prime B450-Plus || Graphics Card: Gigabyte RTX2070 || Storage: 750GB SSD (2 Drives), 3TB HDD (2 Drives) || Case: NZXT H500 || Power Supply: be quiet! Pure Power 11 600W || 

NNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. THis is going to consume processes, storage, RAM, suck and be a fail. WHY SANSUMG?!?! WWWHHHHYYYYYYY?!?!??!?!?!

Not sure how it will do any of those things.

|| Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 2600 || RAM: 32GB (4x8GB) Corsair DDR4 Vengance (3000) || Motherboard: ASUS Prime B450-Plus || Graphics Card: Gigabyte RTX2070 || Storage: 750GB SSD (2 Drives), 3TB HDD (2 Drives) || Case: NZXT H500 || Power Supply: be quiet! Pure Power 11 600W || 

WP8.1 update looks cool, where are all the windows phones.

They're coming...;)

No...it really won't. Also Samsung phones generally have more RAM anyway so there's that plus.

The new skin is supposed to be lighter. More like stock Android. So it'll take up way less space.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Apple didn't invent the finger print scanner nor did they invent the finger print scanner to unlock a phone, if it doesn't infringe Apples patent they won't be sued.

Even tho that's true the placement might be what Apple picks on. We've seen this before and we'll see this again.

i'm a potato

Well Duh... It was only a matter of time. All phones should have it, pin codes and those little drawings are useless.
I have found IOS's version to be completely accurate when trying it with friends to access my phone.

Intel Core i7 4770K | Gigabyte R9 290 OC 4GB Windforce Edition | MSI Z87-G45 Gaming Mobo

Noctua NF-S12A FLX 120 + 140mm Fans | Corsair H100i CPU Cooler | Samsung 840 EVO 250GB SSD | BitFenix Ghost Case

Seagate Barracuda 2TB | Corsair RM-850 PSU | G. Skill Sniper 16GB (4x4GB) | AOC G2460PQU 144Hz Monitor

Yeah, that's right... I think that there was a motorola one back in 2011, right?

But the thing here is placement, exact the same (even though it seems so natural, the place it should really be from the beginning) and the comparison is inevitable.

Signatures are stupid.

This just in: All finger print scanners are now considered "copying Apple".

I think it's hilarious, and sad that as soon as Apple does something (that is not in any way new), everyone else with similar features "copies Apple".

It's a finger print reader people... Some phones had that before the iPhone did. If anything both Samsung and Apple are copying" Motorola by having finger print readers on phones, and Motorola probably got the idea from some other company.

Even tho that's true the placement might be what Apple picks on. We've seen this before and we'll see this again.

The placement is on the home button though, not the home screen.

Main rig: i7 3770K @ 4.54, Sapphire R9 290, Sabertooth Z77, 16 GB Mushkin Redline 2133, Lian Li PC-P50R, Seasonic 860xp Platinum, Kingston Hyper X 3K 240GB

freeNAS server: AMD Athlon II 170u 20W, 5 x 3TB WD Red in raid-z1 (12 TB)

media centre: AMD A10-5700, crucial M4 (boot), running XBMC,4 x 3TB WD Red, 3 x 3TB WD green + 2TB green in FlexRAID (17 TB)

I wan't an ass scanner now. Sit on ass to unlock. :P

But what if you put your phone in your back pockets. It will be unlocking all the time.

Spoiler

-

CPU:Ryzen 9 5900X GPU: Asus GTX 1080ti Strix MB: Asus Crosshair Viii Hero RAM: G.Skill Trident Neo CPU Cooler: Corsair H110

As much as I hate to say it, its sounds like Apples implementation is better. While you can just press the iphones home button, you have to swipe on the SGS5? I don't know, I think they could have done a better job implementing it. 

Here is a list of common fallacies. Which ones have you used today?

The placement is on the home button though, not the home screen.

They're both in home buttons, what do you mean?

i'm a potato