Recommandations for ear buds

Neko Yumi

Hello everybody, i would like to ask you all's opinion on YOUR best bang for the buck ear buds with certain "filters"

- No "in ear" buds. They simply do NOT feel comfortable for my ears.

- They must be comfortable to use for most genres. I listen to everything

- Wireless or not do not matter in this post.

- The price range is a maximum of a 100 €

My previous earbuds were the sennheiser's MX365 they had a lovely audio for the small price but unfortunately are fairly cheap feeling and easily break with any kind of daily life issues.

So what would you guys recommand me? Most videos on youtube like linus's reviewed wireless earbuds and sadly mostly in ear. Which is why i came here to ask 

Thank you very much for your time reading and helping have a lovely day/night

Stay safe out there!

icon_convenience.png

61twCr3t3tL._AC_SX425_.jpg

4 minutes ago, Neko Yumi said:

Hello everybody, i would like to ask you all's opinion on YOUR best bang for the buck ear buds with certain "filters"

- No "in ear" buds. They simply do NOT feel comfortable for my ears.

- They must be comfortable to use for most genres. I listen to everything

- Wireless or not do not matter in this post.

- The price range is a maximum of a 100 €

My previous earbuds were the sennheiser's MX365 they had a lovely audio for the small price but unfortunately are fairly cheap feeling and easily break with any kind of daily life issues.

So what would you guys recommand me? Most videos on youtube like linus's reviewed wireless earbuds and sadly mostly in ear. Which is why i came here to ask 

Thank you very much for your time reading and helping have a lovely day/night

Stay safe out there!

icon_convenience.png

61twCr3t3tL._AC_SX425_.jpg

Honestly, earbuds aren't that popular because they aren't that good.

But VE (venture electronics) makes a couple nice ones, including their popular Chi-Fi "monk" buds.

They make high-end ones too.

Though, if IEMs weren't an option I'd go for Koss KSC75 ear clips. They sound pretty great.

REMILIA Mk.IIIE CPU: Ryzen 9 3900X, Cooler: Arctic Freezer II 240 (Noctua NT-H2), RAM: 4x 8Gb sticks of Patriot Viper Steel Series 3600 CL17, Mobo: AsRock X570 Taichi, GPU: Inno3D RTX 3080 iChill x4 10G, Storage: 1TB Intel 670p NVME SSD boot drive, a few 1TB and 512gb SATA/NVME SSDs for game storage, 6 hard drives 1-4 TB, PSU: Corsair RM750 MY2019, Case: Cooler Master Mastercase 5 MC500 (with add-ons, Noctua NF-A14 and Arctic P14 fans), PCIE Cards: Cheap Chinese Marvell 88SE9215 4 port SATA card, Sonnet Allegro USB3.2 Card Monitors: ViewSonic Elite XG270QC (165hz, 1ms MPRT, 1440p, VA, Freesync PP, pneumatic stand), Hp Z27n (IPS, 60hz, 1440p, 8Ms), iiyama G2530HSU-B (75Hz, Freesync, one in landscape, one in Portrait, all on pneumatic monitor stands).

Mic: iSK UPM-1 USB XLR interface with Neewer NW700, Audio: Sabaj A3 160W DAC/AMP + Wharfdale Diamond 220 + Mission MS6 Sub, ifi Zen DAC v2 + ifi Zen CAN, Littledot Mk.II (w/ Soviet Power tubes and British Mulard M8100s/Soviet Voshkod 6JP-EV/ American General Electric JAN 5654W dependent on mood), Sendy Aiva (Primary), Beyer Dynamic DT990 250ohm Black Special Edition, Audeze EL-8 Open Back, Sennheiser HD598SE (modified to be a headset, snapped headband held together with gorilla tape), Mouse: SteelSeries Rival 600, Keyboard: Glorious GMMK ISO with Mengmoda MMD Tactile (main) and Kailh Box Navy (Function keys), Tribosys 3203 brush lubed, Taihao Green forest caps.

KOAKUMA Mk.IB (24/7 Folding Slave PC made of spare parts): CPU: Core i7 4770, Cooler: Some small antex cooler with 80mm fan, RAM: 2x 4Gb Sticks of 2400Mhz DDR3, Mobo: Asus H81i-Plus, GPU: R9 390 Nitro+ (barely fits in case), Storage: 256gb Korean no-name SATA SSD, PSU: Corsair CX550 (Gray label), Case: Antec ISK600 ITX case. [Given away to friend]

1 minute ago, ibabyslapper said:

Honestly, earbuds aren't that popular because they aren't that good.

But VE (venture electronics) makes a couple nice ones, including their popular Chi-Fi "monk" buds.

They make high-end ones too.

Though, if IEMs weren't an option I'd go for Koss KSC75 ear clips. They sound pretty great.

Thank you very much for  your reply! 

I understand that earbuds aren't popular nowadays but i simply cannot wear them for comfort and personal reasons.

I'll take a look at your earbuds shortly

3 hours ago, Neko Yumi said:

Thank you very much for  your reply! 

I understand that earbuds aren't popular nowadays but i simply cannot wear them for comfort and personal reasons.

I'll take a look at your earbuds shortly

Not to mention when sweating, it feels so uncomfortable too.

What about Sony MDR E818LP?

DAC/AMPs:

Klipsch Heritage Headphone Amplifier

Headphones: Klipsch Heritage HP-3 Walnut, Meze 109 Pro, Beyerdynamic Amiron Home, Amiron Wireless Copper, Tygr 300R, DT880 600ohm Manufaktur, T90, Fidelio X2HR

CPU: Intel 4770, GPU: Asus RTX3080 TUF Gaming OC, Mobo: MSI Z87-G45, RAM: DDR3 16GB G.Skill, PC Case: Fractal Design R4 Black non-iglass, Monitor: BenQ GW2280

1 minute ago, CTR640 said:

Not to mention when sweating, it feels so uncomfortable too.

What about Sony MDR E818LP?

Seems to be unavailable mostly or 100+$ in ebay with a quick search

Just now, Neko Yumi said:

Seems to be unavailable mostly or 100+$ in ebay with a quick search

Where are you from?

What a load of crap they are 100+$... And yes, you're right. One is even $141!

And this?:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Sony-MDR-E818LP-Bass-Sound-Stereo-Earbuds-Headphones/324041931102?epid=1779734201&hash=item4b7267795e:g:2iAAAOSwxH1eHT~T

DAC/AMPs:

Headphones: Klipsch Heritage HP-3 Walnut, Meze 109 Pro, Beyerdynamic Amiron Home, Amiron Wireless Copper, Tygr 300R, DT880 600ohm Manufaktur, T90, Fidelio X2HR

CPU: Intel 4770, GPU: Asus RTX3080 TUF Gaming OC, Mobo: MSI Z87-G45, RAM: DDR3 16GB G.Skill, PC Case: Fractal Design R4 Black non-iglass, Monitor: BenQ GW2280

Just now, CTR640 said:

Where are you from?

What a load of crap they are 100+$... And yes, you're right. One is even $141!

And this?:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Sony-MDR-E818LP-Bass-Sound-Stereo-Earbuds-Headphones/324041931102?epid=1779734201&hash=item4b7267795e:g:2iAAAOSwxH1eHT~T

I am from belgium EU so... yeah most of them are outside my price range..

this one doesn't ship to here

What kind of music or what kind of signature are you aiming for? I got a little earbud crazy myself pretty recently been testing a bunch of models out. I could probably talk to a few people and give you a reccomendation. 

IMG_20200410_142750.jpg

1 minute ago, rice guru said:

What kind of music or what kind of signature are you aiming for? I got a little earbud crazy myself pretty recently been testing a bunch of models out. I could probably talk to a few people and give you a reccomendation. 

IMG_20200410_142750.jpg

I listen to alot of game OST's so it's very very varying type of music

enjoying feint & Laura Brehm 

but also branching out in songs like river flows in you and league of legends's pentakill for an exemple

I don't know, i really branch out alot so i'd say basically everything

I listen to alot of game OST's so it's very very varying type of music

enjoying feint & Laura Brehm 

but also branching out in songs like river flows in you and league of legends's pentakill for an exemple

I don't know, i really branch out alot so i'd say basically everything

earbuds are pretty cheapo so with a $100 you could buy a few to suit whatever music you feel like listening to something neutral , one very good for mids and one thats just reallyy fun and v shaped. 

Just now, rice guru said:

earbuds are pretty cheapo so with a $100 you could buy a few to suit whatever music you feel like listening to something neutral , one very good for mids and one thats just reallyy fun and v shaped. 

Isn't there a possibility to have a durable jack of all trades? I'd rather have such a pair. 

it doesn't have to be THE BEST just.. suiting. 

Also what do you mean by "V shaped" ?

1 minute ago, Neko Yumi said:

Isn't there a possibility to have a durable jack of all trades? I'd rather have such a pair. 

it doesn't have to be THE BEST just.. suiting. 

Also what do you mean by "V shaped" ?

a v shaped signature means prunounced bass and prunounced treble and pulled back mids it makes for a fun listen with some genres but could wreck how others sound. 

but with your budget maybe you can consult some custom makers, check out earbuds anonymous on face book a whole facebook group dedicated to this their are custom makers on there as well I have  a couple of custom earbuds myself from lavender earbuds. there are people on there way more knowlegable than me about these and can point you towards what you need if not make what you need for you

5 minutes ago, rice guru said:

a v shaped signature means prunounced bass and prunounced treble and pulled back mids it makes for a fun listen with some genres but could wreck how others sound. 

Ahh i see, more like an EDM / boots'n cats kind of signature..

1 minute ago, rice guru said:

but with your budget maybe you can consult some custom makers, check out earbuds anonymous on face book a whole facebook group dedicated to this their are custom makers on there as well I have  a couple of custom earbuds myself from lavender earbuds. there are people on there way more knowlegable than me about these and can point you towards what you need if not make what you need for you

Ooo, that's curious i've never heard of such a thing... 

What's your experience with them atm?

1 minute ago, Neko Yumi said:

Ooo, that's curious i've never heard of such a thing... 

What's your experience with them atm?

they require sometime of burn in whther its my brain or the drivers themselves I dont know , but they qre quite nice the earbuds I bough custom are made to be very bassy very fun which they are but the maker also makes things that are good for other tastes as well. you can try to contact him here https://www.facebook.com/tumlavender/

and ask him about any earbuds he makes that may suite your taste. 

another popular cutom bud that people seem to love and I dont own so I cant really comment on them are the Blur earbuds I woudl do some research and you can contact the maker directly and drop an order on facebook as well. facebook seems to be the spot for all you earbud needs due to the earbud community mainly being from south east asia I would really check thsi page out as there are enthusiasts on this page that can probably send you the the right models much better thna I can https://www.facebook.com/groups/EarbudsAnonymous/

2 minutes ago, rice guru said:

they require sometime of burn in whther its my brain or the drivers themselves I dont know , but they qre quite nice the earbuds I bough custom are made to be very bassy very fun which they are but the maker also makes things that are good for other tastes as well. you can try to contact him here https://www.facebook.com/tumlavender/

and ask him about any earbuds he makes that may suite your taste. 

another popular cutom bud that people seem to love and I dont own so I cant really comment on them are the Blur earbuds I woudl do some research and you can contact the maker directly and drop an order on facebook as well. facebook seems to be the spot for all you earbud needs due to the earbud community mainly being from south east asia I would really check thsi page out as there are enthusiasts on this page that can probably send you the the right models much better thna I can https://www.facebook.com/groups/EarbudsAnonymous/

That's some incredible advanced stuff! I'll check it out if i really cannot find ANY model that would suit my need ~ thank you very much

I cannot believe how earbuds have become nonexistence... What the crap.

Just an idea, rice guru is from Canada and maybe you can buy some via him with that ebay page :P

DAC/AMPs:

2 minutes ago, CTR640 said:

Just an idea, rice guru is from Canada and maybe you can buy some via him with that ebay page :P

I mean yeah but it would be pretty bad for customs shipping fees.

2 minutes ago, CTR640 said:

lol shipping to me is still an additional $14 plus me shipping to Neko which would probably be another chucnk of cash, these asian individuals I pointed to generally have like $5 world wide shipping and gets to me in like 2 weeks

I am looking around in lavender and i am having quite a hard time to understand these posts tbh already xD

Just now, rice guru said:

lol shipping to me is still an additional $14 plus me shipping to Neko which would probably be another chucnk of cash, these asian individuals I pointed to generally have like $5 world wide shipping and gets to me in like 2 weeks

I am looking around in lavender and i am having quite a hard time to understand these posts tbh already xD

yeah I just gave up lol and contacted the man directly  hes really friendly and is pretty responsive when hes awake

also if you do order from him make sure to ask about having mmcx on them it adds to the durability in the respect of adding a removable replaceble cable. 

I knew it would be hard lol. Only not sure about the custom fees because in Netherlands when something is over €149: custom fees. If I would be in Neko's shoes, I woudl have chosen that way.

DAC/AMPs:

3 minutes ago, rice guru said:

also if you do order from him make sure to ask about having mmcx on them it adds to the durability in the respect of adding a removable replaceble cable. 

So you wish for me to ask for having "MMCX and a removable replacement cable" ? Sounds good to be honest

Although i just sent him a custom message seeing how it'll go from there