Dear LTT, please stop hating Apple

zicru
22 minutes ago, Twilight said:

regardless even he has praised apple and has said that he completely understands why Apple sells so good. watch the WAN show episode he was in. 

Who the fuck cares? Honestly, why do you get so emotional when someone doesn't like the same things that you do?

If they have certain opinions towards a company's products, why do you have to cry about how their opinion is "wrong" just cause you don't feel the same?

15 minutes ago, wkdpaul said:

But I personally unsubscribed because he started ranting too much for my liking and I preferred the "let me fix this laptop" type of video.

If you like videos of people fixing stuff without the constant rant, then I suggest 'Adamant IT' and 'FFcossag'

11 minutes ago, SenKa said:

- snip -

You're really, REALLY grasping at straws here by making some claim that LTT is presenting any sort of bias against or for apple...

Cherry picking at its finest; they can be on their knees praising Apple for the duration of the video, but they'll still get bombarded with "you hate Apple" if they mention anything that's wrong with the product.

The funny thing is, people call them Apple shills when they critique Android and Android shills when they critique Apple.

These fuckers will never be satisfied, they feel as if they're personally getting attacked when someone says something "bad" about a product that they like.

5 minutes ago, SenKa said:

LMG specifically hates apple

i think people just dont like when you criticize the brand that they like or have been with for a while, in the apple reviews where he doesnt recommend the product they question why he hates apple, and in his recent s20 plus review they called him an apple fan boy since he didnt recommend the Samsung product, 

and he has daily driven apple, samsung, even a windows phone, so its not like he is extremely biased, there are people that just like to project a bias

PC: Alienware 15 R3  Cpu: 7700hq  GPu : 1070 OC   Display: 1080p IPS Gsync panel 60hz  Storage: 970 evo 250 gb / 970 evo plus 500gb

Audio: Sennheiser HD 6xx  DAC: Schiit Modi 3E Amp: Schiit Magni Heresy

5 minutes ago, lewdicrous said:

If you like videos of people fixing stuff without the constant rant, then I suggest 'Adamant IT' and 'FFcossag'

Will do, and I'll add them to my "fixing / hobby" subs (currently have ; Tested, TronicsFix, Strange Parts, My Mate VINCE and a few others I'm forgetting).

If you need help with your forum account, please use the Forum Support form !

Apple hardware/software has cornered certain specific markets, but outside of those markets there are better options. If you cannot deal with the setup complexity of Windows, then you probably cannot do Linux either because it's more difficult, but OSX might just be simplified enough that you can work it. If you don't ever want to change hardware out like video cards and storage, then Apple computers are fine because everything is soldered and firmware locked anyway. If you don't mind sacrificing hardware potential for decibels, because nearly everything thermal throttles in Apple computers, then you're catered to.

Essentially, if you're doing specific audio/video production stuff that only gets written for OSX, you're willing to give up function for form on something like a laptop, or you're just generally not computer savvy enough to deal with a more complicated but powerful OS, then Apple computers are likely to be your choice. Oh, and I guess if you don't mind spending a lot more for the same level of hardware you get in a PC, and cannot be bothered to build it yourself, then Apple has you there as well.

My Current Setup:

AMD Ryzen 5900X

Kingston HyperX Fury 3200mhz 2x16GB

MSI B450 Gaming Plus

Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo

EVGA RTX 3060 Ti XC

Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB

WD 5400RPM 2TB

EVGA G3 750W

Corsair Carbide 300R

Arctic Fans 140mm x4 120mm x 1

Good points of apple. 

They look fantastic. 

Older imacs/macbooks will probably work better than a Windows equivalent. 

I have a friend who recently bought a new imac. Payed around £3000 for it. I could have built the same spec for around £1200. I was absolutely amazed when I saw the spec, it was so hard to keep my mouth shut. Way over priced and you have Apple dictating what you can do with it. 

They are a rip off. Knock 30 - 40% off the price and they might get close to becoming value for money. Until then they need to be ripped a new one on the bad points. 

Apple = Emperors new clothes

Everyone has a right to like or dislike something.... Even love or hate it if they want to.

LTT itself posts vids about what they think is the good and bad about things, honestly there is no such thing as "Perfect" so you'll find flaws if you look long enough for them. There is also nothing wrong with pointing out the flaws when found, believe it or not many companies want this kind of feedback so they can review and (Hopefully) improve the product.

It's when  the product has several glaring flaws pointed out and they do nothing about them is when it could be a problem.

Hating on something for the sake of doing so due to the name isn't right but then again, you have that right to do it if you want to. Doesn't change whether it actually works or not, it's simply an opinion and nothing else until factually proven.

Now....

Any company you can name has had their share of blunders.

Apple has indeed racked up some major blunder points along the way with how they want everything proprietary while charging the low, low price of your first born just to get it, then they want the rest of the family in price to fix it once it breaks.
They aren't exactly user-friendly either, a simple battery replacement in many devices is beyond expensive and they pile a hefty labor charge on top of all that.

However.....  As long as people keep buying their products this will continue because as long as the products are selling they have no reason or need to change.
It's called "Voting with you wallet" and they (So far) are winning that race.

I understand "Why" many hate on Apple and why some do not - Again, it's all a matter of opinion whether the owner is happy with it and willing to pay the price of admission.

All the reasons why or why not be damned......

It's simple:

If you like Apple, buy it.
If you don't like Apple, don't buy Apple.

Problem solved either way.

"If you ever need anything please don't hesitate to ask someone else first"..... Nirvana
"Whadda ya mean I ain't kind? Just not your kind"..... Megadeth
Speaking of things being "All Inclusive", Hell itself is too.

Yeah I'm not going to praise a company selling $700 wheels for their already overpriced computers

apple_wtf.png

"Hyper Demon" Build: 

Case: NZXT H440 Hyper Beast.  CPU: AMD R9 3900x (cooled by a KrakeX62).  GPU: AMD XFX RX 6900XT Merc 319 Black.  RAM: G.Skill Trident Z RGB DDR4 32GB ram @3600mhz.  Mobo: Asus Crosshair VI hero. PSU: Corsair RM850x.  Boot drive: Samsung 960 evo 500gb nvme ssd.  Game storage: Samsung 860 evo 1TB SATA SSD.  Bulk storage: WD Black 2TB.  

I wouldn't call it 'hating', more like taking a step back and looking at it from an unbiased consumer point of view. You see when Linus does a review that's his own views/opinions, no one else at LMG can interfere with his opinions because it would be fake and not real. Sure I think Linus like the majority of this forum doesn't get all of this Apple rage but when it's a review that goes out of the window, none of that matters anymore. As a consumer you buy things because they are supposed to be good, right? Well no... Where Apple products are praised is not always appropriate, they're not always worth the plaudits. 

زندگی از چراغ

Intel Core i7 7800X 6C/12T (4.5GHz), Corsair H150i Pro RGB (360mm), Asus Prime X299-A, Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4X4GB & 2X8GB 3000MHz DDR4), MSI GeForce GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G (2.113GHz core & 9.104GHz memory), 1 Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB NVMe M.2, 1 Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD, 1 Samsung 850 Evo 500GB SSD, 1 WD Red 1TB mechanical drive, Corsair RM750X 80+ Gold fully modular PSU, Corsair Obsidian 750D full tower case, Corsair Glaive RGB mouse, Corsair K70 RGB MK.2 (Cherry MX Red) keyboard, Asus VN247HA (1920x1080 60Hz 16:9), Audio Technica ATH-M20x headphones & Windows 10 Home 64 bit. 

The time Linus replied to me on one of my threads: 

1 hour ago, Java said:

Yeah I'm not going to praise a company selling $700 wheels for their already overpriced computers

apple_wtf.png

while im not going to argue that the wheels are at all a good price, because they arent, apples price competitiveness is MUCH better than it used to be.

Brands I wholeheartedly reccomend (though do have flawed products): Apple, Razer, Corsair, Asus, Gigabyte, bequiet!, Noctua, Fractal, GSkill (RAM only)

Wall Of Fame (Informative people/People I like): @Glenwing @DrMacintosh @Schnoz @TempestCatto @LogicalDrm @Dan Castellaneta

Useful threads: 

How To Make Your Own Cloud Storage

Spoiler

Guide to Display Cables/Adapters

Spoiler

PSU Tier List (Latest)-

Spoiler

Main PC: See spoiler tag

Laptop: 2020 iPad Pro 12.9" with Magic Keyboard

Spoiler

PCPartPicker Part List: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/gKh8zN

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.8 GHz 12-Core OEM/Tray Processor  (Purchased For $419.99) 
Motherboard: Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Formula ATX AM4 Motherboard  (Purchased For $356.99) 
Memory: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  (Purchased For $130.00) 
Storage: Kingston Predator 240 GB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  (Purchased For $40.00) 
Storage: Crucial MX300 1.05 TB 2.5" Solid State Drive  (Purchased For $100.00) 
Storage: Western Digital Red 8 TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive  (Purchased For $180.00) 
Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2070 8 GB WINDFORCE Video Card  (Purchased For $370.00) 
Case: Fractal Design Define R6 USB-C ATX Mid Tower Case  (Purchased For $100.00) 
Power Supply: Corsair RMi 1000 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  (Purchased For $120.00) 
Optical Drive: Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer  (Purchased For $75.00) 
Total: $1891.98
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-04-02 19:59 EDT-0400

身のなわたしはる果てぞ  悲しわたしはかりけるわたしは

2 hours ago, Twilight said:

except that the reviews are made by other people and Linus just reads from a script. 

Linus wouldn't say anything he doesn't agree with, so if the script didn't match he'd have it changed. He certainly tells them what he thinks before they even start writing.

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

This is really just an opinion. I have   and it’s good but in my opinion (example) I  rather have a Samsung phone or I do like my Samsung phone but I prefer  . 

actually i like Samsung more.

apple does take pricing too far

n3ptune_cpu

17 minutes ago, SenKa said:

while im not going to argue that the wheels are at all a good price, because they arent, apples price competitiveness is MUCH better than it used to be.

The computer has powerful machinery and it’s hevy and large these wheels are just designed for that weight and size. 

n3ptune_cpu

People are free to love or hate what they feel like. Use what works for you and is within budget.  Screw everyone else. If you want the opinion that any of Samsung/Apple/Google/etc are the scum of the Earth, go for it. I’ve no horse in that race. ;)

If anything, OP is probably invoking the opposite of intended reaction with this thread, unless OP was going for the classic reverse psychology approach. *insert illuminati icon here*

My eyes see the past…

My camera lens sees the present…

3 minutes ago, TheCoolFarshad said:

The computer has powerful machinery and it’s hevy and large these wheels are just designed for that weight and size. 

The mac pro is maybe 60 pounds fully loaded before adding things like the Pegasus RAID caddy. So, lets go 100Lb rated castors.

oop, $12 on amazon for a set of 4 with 2 that lock. Of course apples are MUCH higher quality than that, but no amount of fancy engineering brings something that retails for $12 up to even the $400 upgrade cost and FORGET about the $700 after-you-buy cost.

Brands I wholeheartedly reccomend (though do have flawed products): Apple, Razer, Corsair, Asus, Gigabyte, bequiet!, Noctua, Fractal, GSkill (RAM only)

Wall Of Fame (Informative people/People I like): @Glenwing @DrMacintosh @Schnoz @TempestCatto @LogicalDrm @Dan Castellaneta

Useful threads: 

How To Make Your Own Cloud Storage

Spoiler

Guide to Display Cables/Adapters

Spoiler

PSU Tier List (Latest)-

Spoiler

Main PC: See spoiler tag

Laptop: 2020 iPad Pro 12.9" with Magic Keyboard

Spoiler

PCPartPicker Part List: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/gKh8zN

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.8 GHz 12-Core OEM/Tray Processor  (Purchased For $419.99) 
Motherboard: Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Formula ATX AM4 Motherboard  (Purchased For $356.99) 
Memory: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  (Purchased For $130.00) 
Storage: Kingston Predator 240 GB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  (Purchased For $40.00) 
Storage: Crucial MX300 1.05 TB 2.5" Solid State Drive  (Purchased For $100.00) 
Storage: Western Digital Red 8 TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive  (Purchased For $180.00) 
Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2070 8 GB WINDFORCE Video Card  (Purchased For $370.00) 
Case: Fractal Design Define R6 USB-C ATX Mid Tower Case  (Purchased For $100.00) 
Power Supply: Corsair RMi 1000 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  (Purchased For $120.00) 
Optical Drive: Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer  (Purchased For $75.00) 
Total: $1891.98
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-04-02 19:59 EDT-0400

身のなわたしはる果てぞ  悲しわたしはかりけるわたしは

Dear Apple, please stop giving LTT reasons to "hate" on you.

Jeannie

As long as anyone is oppressed, no one will be safe and free.

One has to be proactive, not reactive, to ensure the safety of one's data so backup your data! And RAID is NOT a backup!

So in writing this essay, you have totally ignored the fact that he likes the iPhone 11 Pro Max a lot... 

Sorry to burst your bubble but Apple is not a God. They're not Messiah. They're just another tech company. And we hold them to the same standards as we would others. 

I have praised Apple when they do something that's genuinely good, but I have also rightfully criticized them when they make questionable decisions like the butterfly keyboard fiasco. 

Just because people criticize Apple doesn't mean they hate them. Hell, those people probably have more Apple products than most 

The Workhorse (AMD-powered custom desktop)

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X | GPU: MSI X Trio GeForce RTX 2070S | RAM: XPG Spectrix D60G 32GB DDR4-3200 | Storage: 512GB XPG SX8200P + 2TB 7200RPM Seagate Barracuda Compute | OS: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro

The Portable Workstation (Apple MacBook Pro 16" 2021)

SoC: Apple M1 Max (8+2 core CPU w/ 32-core GPU) | RAM: 32GB unified LPDDR5 | Storage: 1TB PCIe Gen4 SSD | OS: macOS Monterey

The Communicator (Apple iPhone 13 Pro)

SoC: Apple A15 Bionic | RAM: 6GB LPDDR4X | Storage: 128GB internal w/ NVMe controller | Display: 6.1" 2532x1170 "Super Retina XDR" OLED with VRR at up to 120Hz | OS: iOS 15.1

4 minutes ago, Hakemon said:

That's the worst mindset anyone can have.  Not everyone's Ford Pinto caught fire, but they did.  lol

Don't you fucking dare talk shit about the Ford Pinto!!!!1!!11! /s

You know people aren't rational when they don't even want to acknowledge the faults that the products have.

Apple need criticism, there are a LOT of things they need to do better.

I certainly don’t think the comments from LTT are unfair, they are fair and often balanced to a degree.

i5 8600 - RX580 - Fractal Nano S - 1080p 144Hz

Pointing out avoidable flaws in products that all happen to be made by the same company = hating the company

Yeah seems legit. And I just fucking hate Seagate hard drives because I decided to, not that literally every single one I have bought or owned has arrived completely dead or died way, WAY before it should have even started to show signs of failing. I just woke up one day and said "ya know what, I hate Seagate!". Yeah, that seems right.

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

1 hour ago, NZgamer said:

They work together on the script...

1 hour ago, Kilrah said:

Linus wouldn't say anything he doesn't agree with, so if the script didn't match he'd have it changed. He certainly tells them what he thinks before they even start writing.

mhm. very believable. 

40 minutes ago, lewdicrous said:

You know people aren't rational when they don't even want to acknowledge the faults that the products have.

I never denied apple products have issues. I've experienced those issues myself, at least a number of them. 

in no particular order here are the faults of various apple products that I have personally experienced. 

• 2008 MacBook Pro gpu faillure
  • 2011 MacBook Pro gpu faillure
  • iPhone 7 touch disease
  • 2012 MacBook Pro drive cable faillure (this case was my fault, but it is a common thing to happen randomly)
  • 2017 MacBook Pro keyboard faillure
  • 2017 MacBook Pro battery faillure (random shutdowns & poor health for the cycle count)
  • PowerMac G5 Ram slot faillure (my G5 has 2 dead slots iirc, haven't powered it up in years so I forgot)
  • 2009 MacBook top case cracks
  • 2012 MacBook Pro ram slot faillure (kinda, if I open it up and mess with the ram it takes like 2 to 3 reseats when re-assembling before it recognises the ram again)
  • iPhone 6s silence switch faillure

this list includes most apple products I've owned or still own, not all but most of them. I never denied Apple products have problems, but most of these computers were 6 to 10 years old when the issues began, so that's way past warranty. therefore I don't consider them major issues, since a 6+ year old machine can develop problems due to age. simple as that. 

the 2017 MBP that I'm still using is different. it's relatively new, but it still has problems. however, it qualifies for Apple's keyboard replacement program and I can get the keyboard replaced for free, which will include a battery swap as well.

the phone's though, that's a different story. they were outside of warranty, but like by a year maybe. there is a reason I'm on android now. the hardware on android is just better most of the time. 

regardless, I never denied apple fucks up, and when they fuck up, they have replacement programs for the biggest things they fuck up. the keyboard replacement program extends to 4 years after purchase, the gpu replacement programs (which gave you a new logic board) for the 2008 and 2011 MacBook Pro's also lasted for years past the warranty for these computers. 

therefore I believe the issues that do exist aren't that big of a deal. 

She/Her

4 minutes ago, Twilight said:

and when they fuck up, they have replacement programs for the biggest things they fuck up

Not always, and when they do it's usually after having denied the problems and told the customers they were doing it wrong for a while, but ultimately having no choice because a class action lawsuit was initiated.

They're always trying to deny their fuckups until they can't anymore, and many people consider that attitude deserves very little respect. A product might be good, but do you really want to support a company that's gonna try to screw you?

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

GPD Win 2

Just now, Kilrah said:

Not always, and when they do it's usually after having denied the problems and told the customers they were doing it wrong for a while, but ultimately having no choice because a class action lawsuit was initiated.

evidence of this?

regardless of the reason they do it, they do it. no other manufacturer does, at least that I'm aware of. with others it's warranty or pay up for repairs. 

She/Her

Just look up the bendgate, antennagate, keyboardgate stories...

The "you're holding it wrong" quote is pretty deeply engraved in their history...

Justifying something wrong by the fact others do it too is never right.

That's the whole point, if they sell premium stuff they should be doing things better, including this.

F@H

GPD Win 2

48 minutes ago, Twilight said:

I never denied apple products have issues. I've experienced those issues myself, at least a number of them. 

I was not singling you out, but at least, or I hope, you realize that when they point out those flaws or when they don't recommend their product, then that doesn't mean they're hating on Apple.

the 2017 MBP that I'm still using is different. it's relatively new, but it still has problems. however, it qualifies for Apple's keyboard replacement program and I can get the keyboard replaced for free, which will include a battery swap as well.

Apple are very stubborn; they'll have a shitty design and instead of immediately fixing it, they'll start by blaming the customer, then "refreshing" said flawed part without directly addressing the issue.

The eligible models vary from 2015 to 2019, I don't care if the replacement is free, that's just fucking bullshit.

regardless, I never denied apple fucks up, and when they fuck up, they have replacement programs for the biggest things they fuck up. the keyboard replacement program extends to 4 years after purchase, the gpu replacement programs (which gave you a new logic board) for the 2008 and 2011 MacBook Pro's also lasted for years past the warranty for these computers.

Again, it was not directed at you specifically, that encompassed all of the "Apple did nothing wrong crowd", I said that cause I've seen people here on the forum who discredit Rossmann cause they themselves haven't experienced faults, so they believe that their sample size is greater and more meaningful than Rossmann's sample size.

therefore I believe the issues that do exist aren't that big of a deal. 

To you, maybe, but not to everyone else. All of their faults/shortfalls can be deal breakers for many people, that does not mean they are "hating on Apple", that also doesn't mean that Linus and crew are "haters" when they don't recommend said products.

If Apple is still selling laptops (2015-2019) with a keyboard that is faulty and the replacement keyboard will just as easily get fucked, then it's hard for any reviewer with an ounce of intelligence to recommend that product.

43 minutes ago, Twilight said:

evidence of this?

Apple had at least 2 or 3 lawsuits filed against them because of the keyboard.

And there where a lot of complaints, they only changed it after about 4 fucking years.

43 minutes ago, Twilight said:

regardless of the reason they do it, they do it. no other manufacturer does, at least that I'm aware of. with others it's warranty or pay up for repairs. 

Other manufacturers will let people buy replacement parts directly from them.

With Apple, you either go to Apple themselves, an Apple Authorized Service Provider or a third party repair shop who has to get their stuff from undisclosed locations. Guess which one is cheaper, especially when you're out of warranty.

41 minutes ago, Kilrah said:

Just look up the bendgate, antennagate, keyboardgate stories...

The "you're holding it wrong" quote is pretty deeply engraved in their history...

Also the "clean your keyboard" thing that they said before the warranties became a thing.