Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
brynibobbi

GTA ONLINE FRAMERATE

Recommended Posts

Posted · Original PosterOP

When playing gta online my framerate stays between 30 and 50 fps for some reason i cant get above 60, my gpu usage is usually about 40-60% and im playing at ultra (this happens even at low but with less gpu usage) and my cpu also stays around 40-50% however in story mode my gpu usage stays around 99% most of the time at ultra, i really dont understand why this is happening, someone help?
specs:Graphics Card: ASUS Geforce Strix Gtx 1070
CPU: i7 3770 3.9GHz
RAM: 16GB Kingston DDR3 1600 MHz
SSD: Samsung 120 GB
SSD: Kingston 480 GB
HHD: Seagate Barracuda 1 TB Hard Drive
(also i have it installed on an ssd and i have all of my power options set to max)

Link to post
Share on other sites

It's just a random guess but could be possible that 1600 mhz of RAM is not fast enough to feed the i7 enough data, the gpu is fine, but the cpu is having troubles. maybe I hit a dead end, not sure. Have you preformed a driver reset yet? It might fix some weird problem that happened.

Edit: I'm also Stumped.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
4 minutes ago, RedEvoPro said:

It's just a random guess but could be possible that 1600 mhz of RAM is not fast enough to feed the i7 enough data, the gpu is fine, but the cpu is having troubles. maybe I hit a dead end, not sure. Have you preformed a driver reset yet? It might fix some weird problem that happened.

Edit: I'm also Stumped.

No, i havent tried a driver reset yet. could you take me through the steps?

also i just did a cinebench R15 test for my cpu and for some reason it falls below the standard i7 3770 preset, and mine is overclocked! (i just did it like 3 minutes ago and the score didnt save, it was 609 and the i7 standard is 662)

image.thumb.png.be2a168e07a178711542382717876332.png

Link to post
Share on other sites

Try check if the CPU actually boosting properly. Make sure your windows power option is not on Power Saving.


| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
4 minutes ago, xAcid9 said:

Try check if the CPU actually boosting properly. Make sure your windows power option is not on Power Saving.

wdym?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, brynibobbi said:

wdym?

Use Task Manager or HWiNFO to check if your CPU clock speed actually exceed it based speed of 3.4ghz


| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
11 hours ago, xAcid9 said:

Use Task Manager or HWiNFO to check if your CPU clock speed actually exceed it based speed of 3.4ghz

image.png.ee0574cc7ff91c16e7963189d0a50592.pngit does, yeah

Link to post
Share on other sites

Try reboot your PC. 


| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/18/2020 at 2:20 AM, brynibobbi said:

When playing gta online my framerate stays between 30 and 50 fps for some reason i cant get above 60, my gpu usage is usually about 40-60% and im playing at ultra (this happens even at low but with less gpu usage) and my cpu also stays around 40-50% however in story mode my gpu usage stays around 99% most of the time at ultra, i really dont understand why this is happening, someone help?
specs:Graphics Card: ASUS Geforce Strix Gtx 1070
CPU: i7 3770 3.9GHz
RAM: 16GB Kingston DDR3 1600 MHz
SSD: Samsung 120 GB
SSD: Kingston 480 GB
HHD: Seagate Barracuda 1 TB Hard Drive
(also i have it installed on an ssd and i have all of my power options set to max)

I also had the same issue, I had an i7 2600 and RX 570. Its the GTA servers, they cant handle the amount of players, I upgraded to a Ryzen 5 1600x, the issue was still there, just accept it and play in a solo lobby. There isnt anything you can do about it

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×