£1200 build. Got any suggestions?

Hey you lot,

So I have built a £1200 rig for 1080p 144fps+ gaming.

I am in the UK so this needs to be viewed on the United Kingdom version.

Here is the link to the pcpartpicker list

Lemme know what you think I can save money on and maybe spend it towards something important?

Peace,

Mak

looks good,  but I think you could do better.

70 GBP less.

You don't really need such a strong cooler for the 3600, a arctic 34 will do just fine, and is less than 1/2 the cost.

The X470 Gaming Plus Max is a better mobo, has a better VRM and more features

Ram is fine, I put a 1TB ssd because more ssd is always better, you could even get a 2TB ssd instead of the 2tb hdd + 1tb ssd

A 2070 non super is a lot cheaper and performs very similar to a 2070S.

Case is good, got a different, better PSU.

I made some adjustments. I recommend using a 3 fan cooler for 2070super and up cards. They get very hot and loud on the two fan cards unless they are 3 slot variants. Also, you can get by with a much cheaper cooler on a 3600. If you want a cheaper 3 fan 2070 super there is the gigabyte version. However, with the gigabyte one you have to set the fan to always be on at like 30% with MSI afterburner or it will constantly make this annoying revving noise (their stop start is bugged on their fans). 

PCPartPicker Part List: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/JrYz9G

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 3.6 GHz 6-Core Processor  (£163.98 @ Aria PC) 
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Black Edition 42 CFM CPU Cooler  (£29.99 @ Amazon UK) 
Motherboard: MSI B450 TOMAHAWK MAX ATX AM4 Motherboard  (£95.49 @ Ebuyer) 
Memory: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3600 Memory  (£103.98 @ Aria PC) 
Storage: Sabrent Rocket 512 GB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  (£72.98 @ Amazon UK) 
Storage: Seagate Barracuda Compute 2 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  (£53.70 @ CCL Computers) 
Video Card: MSI GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER 8 GB GAMING X TRIO Video Card  (£549.99 @ Box Limited) 
Case: Phanteks ECLIPSE P350X ATX Mid Tower Case  (£59.95 @ Currys PC World) 
Power Supply: SeaSonic FOCUS 650 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  (£89.99 @ CCL Computers) 
Total: £1220.05
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-04-17 19:01 BST+0100

I Agree with Firewrath except that, if you don't mind making a much more agressive fan curve and you aren't a stupid fanboy (no matter the company they are terrible), you could change your GPU to a 5700xt.

Also you could spare the RGB in the ram for x570 in the budget and even double ram, if you want the crazy high amount.

List https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/3wmHQq

17 minutes ago, Drexylizer said:

I Agree with Firewrath except that, if you don't mind making a much more agressive fan curve and you aren't a stupid fanboy (no matter the company they are terrible), you could change your GPU to a 5700xt.

Also you could spare the RGB in the ram for x570 in the budget and even double ram, if you want the crazy high amount.

List https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/3wmHQq

I thought about the 5700xt but decided on Nvidia at the end.

22 minutes ago, Sorenson said:

I made some adjustments. I recommend using a 3 fan cooler for 2070super and up cards. They get very hot and loud on the two fan cards unless they are 3 slot variants. Also, you can get by with a much cheaper cooler on a 3600. If you want a cheaper 3 fan 2070 super there is the gigabyte version. However, with the gigabyte one you have to set the fan to always be on at like 30% with MSI afterburner or it will constantly make this annoying revving noise (their stop start is bugged on their fans). 

PCPartPicker Part List: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/JrYz9G

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 3.6 GHz 6-Core Processor  (£163.98 @ Aria PC) 
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Black Edition 42 CFM CPU Cooler  (£29.99 @ Amazon UK) 
Motherboard: MSI B450 TOMAHAWK MAX ATX AM4 Motherboard  (£95.49 @ Ebuyer) 
Memory: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3600 Memory  (£103.98 @ Aria PC) 
Storage: Sabrent Rocket 512 GB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  (£72.98 @ Amazon UK) 
Storage: Seagate Barracuda Compute 2 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  (£53.70 @ CCL Computers) 
Video Card: MSI GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER 8 GB GAMING X TRIO Video Card  (£549.99 @ Box Limited) 
Case: Phanteks ECLIPSE P350X ATX Mid Tower Case  (£59.95 @ Currys PC World) 
Power Supply: SeaSonic FOCUS 650 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  (£89.99 @ CCL Computers) 
Total: £1220.05
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-04-17 19:01 BST+0100

I replaced the gpu with the gigabyte 3 fans one and replaced the PSU with seasonic.

26 minutes ago, Firewrath9 said:

looks good,  but I think you could do better.

70 GBP less.

You don't really need such a strong cooler for the 3600, a arctic 34 will do just fine, and is less than 1/2 the cost.

The X470 Gaming Plus Max is a better mobo, has a better VRM and more features

Ram is fine, I put a 1TB ssd because more ssd is always better, you could even get a 2TB ssd instead of the 2tb hdd + 1tb ssd

A 2070 non super is a lot cheaper and performs very similar to a 2070S.

Case is good, got a different, better PSU.

I replaced the B450 with the x470 motherboard you suggessted and replaced the cooler with 212 evo black.

4 minutes ago, Sgt.Mak said:

I thought about the 5700xt but decided on Nvidia at the end.

I replaced the gpu with the gigabyte 3 fans one and replaced the PSU with seasonic.

I replaced the B450 with the x470 motherboard you suggessted and replaced the cooler with 212 evo black.

If you need help on how to setup the fan curve in MSI afterburner let me know. You probably won't even here the issue though with your case. I just am using my GPU on a test bench right now so its really noticeable. 

1 hour ago, Drexylizer said:

Honestly, the reason why I would pick a (high end) Nvidia GPU over an AMD one is because of features. Sure, DLSS and RTX might be gimmicks, but they are still something that AMD doesn't have. RTX might be useful even if all you want to do is try it out for 30 mins. Also, nvidia has CUDA

14 minutes ago, Firewrath9 said:

Honestly, the reason why I would pick a (high end) Nvidia GPU over an AMD one is because of features. Sure, DLSS and RTX might be gimmicks, but they are still something that AMD doesn't have. RTX might be useful even if all you want to do is try it out for 30 mins. Also, nvidia has CUDA

Exactly. I use GeForce Experience, Shadowplay, Replay and will need the New Nvenc encoder for streaming sometimes. Will be doing content creation as well with Nvidia GPU rendering should be easy I think.

16 minutes ago, Firewrath9 said:

Totally agree. The stability is also something that should be considered. While amd has improved a lot, if you just want it to turn on and work more reliably, Nvidia is the way to go. 

Also, Moonlight is amazing with nvidia cards.