Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
peep

Ideas for my new build :)

Recommended Posts

Posted · Original PosterOP

So I've decided on these parts for my new build; https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/user/ImSicario/saved/snX3ZL

I'm pretty happy with them (I still need to decide on a modular decently priced power supply and I'm not entirely sure about the motherboard)

Does anyone have any suggestions for either a MOBO or PSU? And any comments about any of the other parts helps too, thanks! :)

Link to post
Share on other sites

You probably already saw the warning, but that motherboard will probably need a bios update before you could use a 3rd gen Ryzen cpu with it. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 3.6 GHz 8-Core Processor  (£281.98 @ Laptops Direct) 
Motherboard: MSI B450-A PRO MAX ATX AM4 Motherboard  (£93.47 @ Amazon UK) much better for less.
Memory: Crucial Ballistix 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  (£69.98 @ Amazon UK) you can do some overclocking on your own.
Storage: Crucial P1 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  (£101.18 @ Amazon UK) 
Storage: Seagate Barracuda Compute 2 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  (£53.70 @ CCL Computers) 
Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER 8 GB WINDFORCE OC 3X Video Card  (£494.71 @ CCL Computers) 
Case: Corsair 275R Airflow ATX Mid Tower Case  (£70.99 @ AWD-IT) 
Power Supply: Corsair TXM Gold 550 W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-modular ATX Power Supply  (£64.99 @ Box Limited) 
Total: £1231.00
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-04-17 04:35 BST+0100


CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 1700@3.8Ghz Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Sapphire RX 5700 XT RAM: Qidian DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: Biostar X370GT7 case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, The_russian said:

You probably already saw the warning, but that motherboard will probably need a bios update before you could use a 3rd gen Ryzen cpu with it. 

If he decides to go with that motherboard, he wouldn't need to update the bios. The ASUS website says that it is 3rd Gen Ryzen ready.

 

https://www.asus.com/us/Motherboards/ROG-STRIX-B450-F-GAMING/ 


My PC : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Hero (WI-FI) | G.Skill Trident Z RGB 32 GB (4 x 8 GB) DDR4-3600 | Gigabyte Aorus GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER | NZXT H710i | Corsair MP600 2 TB, Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2 TB, WD Black 4 TB 3.5" 7200RPM HDD | SeaSonic FOCUS Plus Gold 750W | NZXT KRAKEN Z73 + 7 Corsair QL120/QL140 RGB Fans

Peripherals : Logitech G Pro Wireless, Logitech G513 Carbon (Linear Switches), Astro A50 Wireless Headset , LG 38GL950G-B 37.5" 3840x1600 175 Hz Monitor

Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Herman Mcpootis said:

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 3.6 GHz 8-Core Processor  (£281.98 @ Laptops Direct) 
Motherboard: MSI B450-A PRO MAX ATX AM4 Motherboard  (£93.47 @ Amazon UK) much better for less.
Memory: Crucial Ballistix 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  (£69.98 @ Amazon UK) you can do some overclocking on your own.
Storage: Crucial P1 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  (£101.18 @ Amazon UK) 
Storage: Seagate Barracuda Compute 2 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  (£53.70 @ CCL Computers) 
Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER 8 GB WINDFORCE OC 3X Video Card  (£494.71 @ CCL Computers) 
Case: Corsair 275R Airflow ATX Mid Tower Case  (£70.99 @ AWD-IT) 
Power Supply: Corsair TXM Gold 550 W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-modular ATX Power Supply  (£64.99 @ Box Limited) 
Total: £1231.00
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-04-17 04:35 BST+0100

I would try to get some 3600 speed memory if it doesn't cost too much extra, since 3rd gen Ryzen performs better with fast ram. I would also go with a MSI B450 Tomahawk MAX if looks are important to you. 

 

Note: 

  • If you choose to get a MSI B450 Tomahawk, you would want to go with the MAX variant because it ships with a bios that is compatible with 3rd gen Ryzen.
  • The MSI B450 A-Pro Max motherboard is not compatible with 3600 speed memory.

 

https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/product/jcYQzy/msi-b450-tomahawk-max-atx-am4-motherboard-b450-tomahawk-max

https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/product/RLqhP6/corsair-vengeance-lpx-16gb-2-x-8gb-ddr4-3600-memory-cmk16gx4m2z3600c18


My PC : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Hero (WI-FI) | G.Skill Trident Z RGB 32 GB (4 x 8 GB) DDR4-3600 | Gigabyte Aorus GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER | NZXT H710i | Corsair MP600 2 TB, Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2 TB, WD Black 4 TB 3.5" 7200RPM HDD | SeaSonic FOCUS Plus Gold 750W | NZXT KRAKEN Z73 + 7 Corsair QL120/QL140 RGB Fans

Peripherals : Logitech G Pro Wireless, Logitech G513 Carbon (Linear Switches), Astro A50 Wireless Headset , LG 38GL950G-B 37.5" 3840x1600 175 Hz Monitor

Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, you have the corona virus said:

I would try to get some 3600 speed memory if it doesn't cost too much extra, since 3rd gen Ryzen performs better with fast ram. I would also go with a MSI B450 Tomahawk MAX if looks are important to you. 

 

Note: 

  • If you choose to get a MSI B450 Tomahawk, you would want to go with the MAX variant because it ships with a bios that is compatible with 3rd gen Ryzen.
  • The MSI B450 A-Pro Max motherboard is not compatible with 3600 speed memory.

 

https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/product/jcYQzy/msi-b450-tomahawk-max-atx-am4-motherboard-b450-tomahawk-max

https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/product/RLqhP6/corsair-vengeance-lpx-16gb-2-x-8gb-ddr4-3600-memory-cmk16gx4m2z3600c18

PCpartpicker doesn't list all the memory speeds that the motherboard supports. Plus the latency on the kit you picked would make it perform about the same anyway.


CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 1700@3.8Ghz Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Sapphire RX 5700 XT RAM: Qidian DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: Biostar X370GT7 case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
10 hours ago, you have the corona virus said:

I would try to get some 3600 speed memory if it doesn't cost too much extra, since 3rd gen Ryzen performs better with fast ram. I would also go with a MSI B450 Tomahawk MAX if looks are important to you. 

 

Note: 

  • If you choose to get a MSI B450 Tomahawk, you would want to go with the MAX variant because it ships with a bios that is compatible with 3rd gen Ryzen.
  • The MSI B450 A-Pro Max motherboard is not compatible with 3600 speed memory.

 

https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/product/jcYQzy/msi-b450-tomahawk-max-atx-am4-motherboard-b450-tomahawk-max

https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/product/RLqhP6/corsair-vengeance-lpx-16gb-2-x-8gb-ddr4-3600-memory-cmk16gx4m2z3600c18

Okay thanks man :) any ideas about a decent PSU?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
10 hours ago, Herman Mcpootis said:

PCpartpicker doesn't list all the memory speeds that the motherboard supports. Plus the latency on the kit you picked would make it perform about the same anyway.

So you think I should stick with the memory that I’ve currently chose? Also any ideas about a PSU?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, peep said:

Okay thanks man :) any ideas about a decent PSU?

the TX550M i listed above is pretty good for 65 pounds.

 

1 hour ago, peep said:

So you think I should stick with the memory that I’ve currently chose? 

sure, but no need to stick with corsair. any other brand is fine if it's cheaper.


CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 1700@3.8Ghz Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Sapphire RX 5700 XT RAM: Qidian DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: Biostar X370GT7 case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
4 hours ago, Herman Mcpootis said:

the TX550M i listed above is pretty good for 65 pounds.

 

sure, but no need to stick with corsair. any other brand is fine if it's cheaper.

Oh right sorry I didn’t see the PSU i wasn’t reading it properly 😂 and I’ll have a look around to see if I can find anything else, thanks again!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×