Programmers fatigue need ideas

RightfulNerd

Hi,

I have been a developer for a few years now developing backend systems in java/spring moving onto frontend system in angular now react.

I am just looking for some advice or random ideas If I am honest to sink my teeth into when I am at home. Feel like I am losing the creativity to come up with my own projects and I am just a JIRA slave now XD

Is there anywhere I can go to get in on an open project? Not really done this before.

Thank you in advance.

21 minutes ago, RightfulNerd said:

Hi,

I have been a developer for a few years now developing backend systems in java/spring moving onto frontend system in angular now react.

I am just looking for some advice or random ideas If I am honest to sink my teeth into when I am at home. Feel like I am losing the creativity to come up with my own projects and I am just a JIRA slave now XD

Is there anywhere I can go to get in on an open project? Not really done this before.

Thank you in advance.

I have a large library of .mp3 music, none are in a uniform label of "Artist - Song Title.mp3"

If you could make something that takes the mishmash of songs I have and put them in the above format, that'd be awesome.

Beyond that, I'd say hop over to your fav Linux distro and chip in there, I'm sure they'd love the help.

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

Why not contribute to the Linux kernel? There are always things you can help with there, regardless of your expertise with C.

6 hours ago, Radium_Angel said:

I have a large library of .mp3 music, none are in a uniform label of "Artist - Song Title.mp3"

Sounds like something you could do with a regex...?

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

6 hours ago, Sauron said:

Sounds like something you could do with a regex...?

Beats me, I was a COBOL and Assembly programmer. And no amount of money in the world will get me to go back to those.

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

On 4/16/2020 at 7:50 PM, Radium_Angel said:

If you could make something that takes the mishmash of songs I have and put them in the above format, that'd be awesome.

I know this thread is to help to generate ideas but MusicBrainz Picard would be my goto for something like this.

My Steam Profile (from SteamDB)

• Worth: CDN$ 10292 (CDN$ 3114 with sales)
  • Games owned: 729
  • Games played: 441 (60%)
  • Hours on record: 4,736.7h

One idea that I've had in the back of my mind is a scheduling app. 

Essentially something that takes a list of employees, tasks they can do, tasks that need to be done, and spreads them out across their shifts. It would adjust on the fly if someone called in sick and wouldn't have everyone working on the same task at once. I was never able to make much progress but I image it would be a fun puzzle to work that all out. 

On 4/20/2020 at 1:11 PM, Teddy07 said:

Why not try to get some freelance work?

Upwork, freelancer are 2 I know. 

On 4/16/2020 at 6:26 PM, RightfulNerd said:

Hi,

Thank you in advance.

Well, it's not really a big project, it's a twist on a small classic one:

You could build a graphing calculator. One with a small but maintainable user language. This gives you a simple opportunity to start playing with lexing and parsing, but still stresses your UI design muscles.

ENCRYPTION IS NOT A CRIME