Synapse 2.0 won't start up

there goes another day of trying to get it to work, still nothing. if anyone knows how to fix my problem please help.

• 8 months later...

Okay I had a similar problem, turned out it was a corrupted .net framework 4.0. Try repairing it by either:

Control panel - programs and features - .net framework 4.0 - repair

or

To repair use the following command at a command prompt (with privileges)

DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

RestoreHealth: This switch option checks for component store corruption, records the corruption to the log file, and FIXES the image corruption using Windows Update. This should take around 10-15minutes up to about an hour to finish depending on the level of corruption.

Hope this helps!

• 9 months later...

Yeah I know this thread is old but the problem still exist. And for spending more than a $100 on Razer gear, people deserve to have there stupid Razer Synapse problems fixed. At least for those of us that are still experiencing them in 2017. 

- Ok I was just having this problem a couple minutes ago. Not quite sure was instigates Synapse to close at launch, but what I do know is how I fixed it. 

- So below I have listed in order the steps I did to fix the problem not quire sure if these steps will fix the problem or even if there safe (SO YOU'VE BEEN WARNED) but I would give them a try.

- NOTE: I do own a variety of Razer Chroma peripherals such as the Razer Blackwidow Chroma, Razer Mamba, Razer Firefly, Razer Orbweaver, Razer Kraken 7.1 Chroma, etc... So having Razer's software not work properly would bug the crap out of me.

1) Uninstall Razer Synapse and Razer Chroma SDK Core Components.
2) Delete the Razer folder in your (Program Files (x86) folder.
3) Restart your computer.
4) Install an earlier version of Synapse before there were issues. http://www.razersupport.com/software/synapse/ orhttp://drivers.razersupport.com/index.php?_m=downloads&...
5) Install synapse BUT! don't let it install any updates (you'll see a box in the bottom right of your screen if installing updates) open your task manager and close the synapse updating process if installing updates during synapse installation. 
6) Run synapse you'll be prompted to sign into your Razer account, and update the software. At this point you can update the Synapse software. You'll also probably be prompted to restart your computer. 
7) After you've rebooted launch synapse and your software should be good to go. At least these are the steps I took and my Synapse works perfectly right now.

• 3 months later...

@CIVICAL THANK YOU SO FCKING MUCH BRO searched on literally 20 forums and nothing fixed it but what you said did, youre a fcking god to me <3

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/22/2017 at 6:42 PM, CIVICAL said:

Yeah I know this thread is old but the problem still exist. And for spending more than a $100 on Razer gear, people deserve to have there stupid Razer Synapse problems fixed. At least for those of us that are still experiencing them in 2017. 

- Ok I was just having this problem a couple minutes ago. Not quite sure was instigates Synapse to close at launch, but what I do know is how I fixed it. 

- So below I have listed in order the steps I did to fix the problem not quire sure if these steps will fix the problem or even if there safe (SO YOU'VE BEEN WARNED) but I would give them a try.

- NOTE: I do own a variety of Razer Chroma peripherals such as the Razer Blackwidow Chroma, Razer Mamba, Razer Firefly, Razer Orbweaver, Razer Kraken 7.1 Chroma, etc... So having Razer's software not work properly would bug the crap out of me.

1) Uninstall Razer Synapse and Razer Chroma SDK Core Components.
2) Delete the Razer folder in your (Program Files (x86) folder.
3) Restart your computer.
4) Install an earlier version of Synapse before there were issues. http://www.razersupport.com/software/synapse/ orhttp://drivers.razersupport.com/index.php?_m=downloads&...
5) Install synapse BUT! don't let it install any updates (you'll see a box in the bottom right of your screen if installing updates) open your task manager and close the synapse updating process if installing updates during synapse installation. 
6) Run synapse you'll be prompted to sign into your Razer account, and update the software. At this point you can update the Synapse software. You'll also probably be prompted to restart your computer. 
7) After you've rebooted launch synapse and your software should be good to go. At least these are the steps I took and my Synapse works perfectly right now.

I tried this but can't find the older versions of Synapse. Tried the latest one and it still didn't work.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

What i did was press the windows button to bring up the search feature and scroll down until you find the version of razer synapse that is giving you problems. then right click and click uninstall. uninstall the program and re download it and it should work fine. hope this helped :)

• 2 months later...

Hello, i know this was a long time ago, but i have the same problem in 2018 :) I have tried everything written in this post, and on all other posts. Nothing works. My blackwidow Chroma won't light up! :( 

There are many people are huge fan Razer. Razer can give you wonderful experience with their handmade keyboard and Razer mouse. There are many products on the market and it works brilliantly. Also, they give you the most extreme feature of their product. But sometimes it happens to we facing some issues with Razer Synapse. There are many reasons behind you get this issues, and If you are unable to open your Razer Synapse, then don’t worry as you are on the right site.

51 minutes ago, chigg said:

There are many people are huge fan Razer. Razer can give you wonderful experience with their handmade keyboard and Razer mouse. There are many products on the market and it works brilliantly. Also, they give you the most extreme feature of their product. But sometimes it happens to we facing some issues with Razer Synapse. There are many reasons behind you get this issues, and If you are unable to open your Razer Synapse, then don’t worry as you are on the right site.

Weww lad you had me at handmade

• 1 month later...

I have a windows 10 and the razor synapse had been working, it failed sometimes, but all I had to do was re-install, but now I've tried everything, re-installing both synapse and the chroma components, I have a Razer Chroma BlackWidow, it confuses me, I've tried looking it up and nothing works. PLZ HALP

11 hours ago, RCWR Jayfur said:

I have a windows 10 and the razor synapse had been working, it failed sometimes, but all I had to do was re-install, but now I've tried everything, re-installing both synapse and the chroma components, I have a Razer Chroma BlackWidow, it confuses me, I've tried looking it up and nothing works. PLZ HALP

nevermind, im just a fucking idiot, i just had to change usb ports

• 1 month later...
  1. Uninstall all razer programs.
  2. Unplug all Razer peripherals from the computer. 
  3. Turn off router, modem, and computer.
  4. Wait 30s to plug router/modem back in.
  5. Boot computer and wait for internet connection.
  6. Plug in Razer devices.
  7. Install Razer Synapse 2.0

I did let it download the updates (however some people stopped it because it would not work otherwise) It would be worth mentioning that i did turn off antivirus for the whole process. It was not working with it. 

Only this worked for me. Iv tried everything else from every forum iv found. 

Credit to