Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Fussel

Compatibiliy question

Posted · Original PosterOP

I'm planning to pair a B450-F Gaming Board (Asus ) with a ryzen 3 3700x, but I know that the 450 series mostly needs a bios update to run a ryzen 3000. 
So here's my question, does the B450-F Gaming workes with a ryzen 3000 without a Bios update. Im asking this because i read that you don't need a bios update to run a ryzen 3000, but I'm not 100% sure if that  is the case and I don't want to run into problems when I build my PC.

3 minutes ago, Fussel said:

I'm planning to pair a B450-F Gaming Board (Asus ) with a ryzen 3 3700x, but I know that the 450 series mostly needs a bios update to run a ryzen 3000. 
So here's my question, does the B450-F Gaming workes with a ryzen 3000 without a Bios update. Im asking this because i read that you don't need a bios update to run a ryzen 3000, but I'm not 100% sure if that  is the case and I don't want to run into problems when I build my PC.

The ASUS B450-F does not need a BIOS update to work with Ryzen 3000, as it is specifically made after Ryzen 3000 came out and thus has compatibility built in.

I would not recommend this motherboard for a Ryzen 7 3700X though and would rather suggest the MSI B450 Gaming Plus MAX or B450 Mortar MAX.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

Sorry if my post seemed rude, that is never my intention.

"Why do we suffer a lifetime for a moment of happiness?" - Anonymous

4 minutes ago, Fussel said:

should work without

Reminder⚠️

I'm just speaking from experience so what I say may not work 100%

Please try searching up the answer before you post here but I am always glad to help