BOINC Pentathlon 2020

49 minutes ago, Windows7ge said:

boinccmd still appears to be limited in that it doesn't support changing settings such as Days of Work.

You can set that in your account setting on the project website then all the boinc clients will pick up the change next time they check in for new tasks.

2 minutes ago, leadeater said:

You can set that in your account setting on the project website then all the boinc clients will pick up the change next time they check in for new tasks.

I use local settings due to different variables that are in play across my various machines. I can't use one profile for all of them.

I just explored using SSH in scripts but just about everything involves passwordless public/private key authentication. This would be an issue with my VM arrangement.

Oh well, boinccmd is going to help make things at least a little easier.

50 minutes ago, Windows7ge said:

The second will selectively add the World Community Grid project to the VMs that don't already have them.

In your project attach you aren't supplying your account key, you need that. Unless you removed that for posting?

57 minutes ago, Windows7ge said:

As I've found out the software isn't smart enough to tell you you already have the project added

Does for me?

26-Apr-2020 15:55:18: GUI RPC error: Already attached to project
Operation failed: already attached to project

6 minutes ago, Windows7ge said:

I use local settings due to different variables that are in play across my various machines. I can't use one profile for all of them.

Not sure about other projects but WCG has device profiles where you can define the settings in then you can assign those to computers, that might be an option for you? It's under your account settings then device manager - device profiles.

5 minutes ago, leadeater said:

In your project attach you aren't supplying your account key, you need that. Unless you removed that for posting?

Being a mod I'm under the assumption you can see the edit I made. I had included it but I'm under the impression it's kind of a private key that could give others access to my account so I removed it asap.

7 minutes ago, leadeater said:

Does for me?

Was not my experience when testing it on my desktop:

1684154521_Screenshotfrom2020-04-2600-02-36.png.c42a377e25cd8b12e88f42ecb133d028.png

When I removed it it actually aborted all my jobs. I had to download all new work.

4 minutes ago, leadeater said:

Not sure about other projects but WCG has device profiles where you get define the settings in then you can assign those to computers, that might be an option for you? It's under your account settings then device manager - device profiles.

I am aware of the Home/Work device profiles. I just don't like online preferences. Believe me swapping virtual disks and cloning VM's is going to be a bigger hassle than opening boinc-manager to change the Days of work and stop the uploading of data. At least boinccmd will show me the VMs that are ready to be swapped and can add them to the project without me entering credentials a couple dozen times. That's a good 2/3rds of the labor gone right there.

am in. will want to know when everything is finalized

MSI x399 sli plus  | AMD theardripper 2990wx all core 3ghz lock |Thermaltake flo ring 360 | EVGA 2080, Zotac 2080 |Gskill Ripjaws 128GB 3000 MHz | Corsair RM1200i |150tb | Asus tuff gaming mid tower| 10gb NIC

I can't seem to find a Linus Tech Tips team for Einstein@Home. Is there one that I'm missing?

My Folding Stats

• CPU
    Ryzen 7 1700 3GHz 8-Core Processor @ 3.725Ghz
  • Motherboard
    GA-X470-AORUS-ULTRA-GAMING
  • RAM
    Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) @ 3200mhz
  • GPU
    Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2060 6 GB GAMING OC
  • Case
    Cooler Master HAF XM
  • Storage
    Western Digital SN750 500 GB M.2-2280 NVME, Seagate Barracuda 2 TB x2
  • PSU
    Cooler Master Silent Pro Hybrid 1050 W
  • Display(s)
    LG 43UD79-B : 43'' Class 4K UHD IPS LED
  • Cooling
    Corsair H75 2018 64 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler

2 hours ago, SeanStoube said:

I can't seem to find a Linus Tech Tips team for Einstein@Home. Is there one that I'm missing?

As far as I have seen/heard Einstein@Home hasn't become the decided project yet. I wouldn't worry about it until then.

3 minutes ago, Windows7ge said:

As far as I have seen/heard Einstein@Home hasn't become the decided project yet. I wouldn't worry about it until then.

I think rosetta will end up being one just due to the COVID stuff atm

My Folding Stats - Join the fight against COVID-19 with FOLDING! - If someone has helped you out on the forum don't forget to give them a reaction to say thank you!

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing. - Socrates

Please put as much effort into your question as you expect me to put into answering it. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
    Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-GAMING 5
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
    Cooler Master - MasterCase H500P
  • Storage
    Western Digital Black 250GB, Seagate BarraCuda 1TB x2
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
    Lenovo L29w-30 29 Inch UltraWide Full HD, BenQ - XL2430(portrait), Dell P2311Hb(portrait)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

@Windows7ge

Well you were very very correct about SCC having higher output, here's my stats at 12 hour mark of just that subproject.

04/26/2020 white.gif 0:331:05:26:59 white.gif 2,190,196 white.gif

About 60% higher points and 2.5 times results returned.

34 minutes ago, GOTSpectrum said:

I think rosetta will end up being one just due to the COVID stuff atm

I kind of hope OpenPandemics is off the ground before the event starts. I wanna pour my resources into that. If it's the marathon event then it's all the better.

23 minutes ago, leadeater said:

@Windows7ge

Well you were very very correct about SCC having higher output, here's my stats at 12 hour mark of just that subproject.

04/26/2020 white.gif 0:331:05:26:59 white.gif 2,190,196 white.gif

About 60% higher points and 2.5 times results returned.

Yep. I'm only focused on it though because it's been dead in the water for >1 year. Make sure to show some of those other fields some love with all that compute you have. ;)

14 minutes ago, Windows7ge said:

Yep. I'm only focused on it though because it's been dead in the water for >1 year. Make sure to show some of those other fields some love with all that compute you have. ;)

Going to try all Africa Rainfall project next, since I have the ram to do that. Showdown between big jobs vs little jobs, who will win.

1 minute ago, leadeater said:

Going to try all Africa Rainfall project next, since I have the ram to do that. Showdown between big jobs vs little jobs, who will win.

You're going to have a tough time there. ARP doesn't have many jobs available. Not only that but even on an O.C.ed 5960X each job takes several hours to complete. Don't even get me started on the runtime for a 2698v3.

Your rigs with even higher core counts and even slower clocks are going to crawl those jobs. Each one will likely take >1 day to complete.

6 minutes ago, Windows7ge said:

You're going to have a tough time there. ARP doesn't have many jobs available. Not only that but even on an O.C.ed 5960X each job takes several hours to complete. Don't even get me started on the runtime for a 2698v3.

Your rigs with even higher core counts and even slower clocks are going to crawl those jobs. Each one will likely take >1 day to complete.

I've already run a few, wasn't too bad.

image.png.845fea8d8ad7f8f4990e1fec017a3b5c.png

Edit:

According to boincstats I just hit 5x your WCG output too 🙂

1 minute ago, leadeater said:

I've already run a few, wasn't too bad.

You're pretty close to my estimation. Quite a few jobs in the 20+ hour range.

If you can fill your queue I am curious as to how that would affect your daily output. I've come to discover you don't necessarily get equal payment for each job type.

1 minute ago, Windows7ge said:

You're pretty close to my estimation. Quite a few jobs in the 20+ hour range.

If you can fill your queue I am curious as to how that would affect your daily output. I've come to discover you don't necessarily get equal payment for each job type.

Like my other ARP jobs they'll probably sit there for days waiting for validation and I'll get 0 points.

Just now, leadeater said:

Like my other ARP jobs they'll probably sit there for days waiting for validation and I'll get 0 points.

The jobs are so big they can't validate before exceeding the due by date. 😆

Try reducing your job buffer. Should help make it so jobs don't expire before they can be done/validated.

1 minute ago, Windows7ge said:

The jobs are so big they can't validate before exceeding the due by date. 😆

Try reducing your job buffer. Should help make it so jobs don't expire before they can be done/validated.

They are returned in time but someone else has to submit the same job so they can cross validate, none of them have expired but quorum has not been reached. So I'll get my points..... some day heh.

Pending Validation: The result was returned to the server but there have not been enough results for that WU returned to the server yet for validation to be attempted to reach quorum.

1 hour ago, leadeater said:

...but someone else has to submit the same job so they can cross validate...

i-gotchu-homie.gif.de95cc9451169eca9062d795a6e0081c.gif

On 4/24/2020 at 6:18 PM, leadeater said:

ESXi, that's all I use

What OS are you running in the VM's?

I don't have a need to know, I'm just curious. If I happen to remember what you had going on last year it was CentOS (6.7?)?

30 minutes ago, Windows7ge said:

What OS are you running in the VM's?

I don't have a need to know, I'm just curious. If I happen to remember what you had going on last year it was CentOS (6.7?)?

Ubuntu Server 18.04, might have been CentOS last year but I don't remember.

S***, the powers gone out 😭. I have a UPS strapped to the network equipment so I have Internet for at least 45 minutes + hours if I connect the server UPSs but I had to shut everything down.

Can't promise I'll be part of it this year, I'll try but no promises.

It is installed still on my i5, not on my Ryzen (tho easy).

@ me on Sunday (1 week) to pester me and see if I can or not. I will likely know by then.