Combining Storage

William23r
Go to solution Solved by Doyian,

I do know a way but I am not sure if it is the best way so maybe wait before trying.

But anyway if you go into disk management then deallocate it so that they become free space then right click on your top drive that has been deallocated and select new spanned volume. Follow the setup wizard the right click on the newly created disk and select extend volume. Then add as much storage as you wish and that should be it.

One thing to consider is that I have this running one one of my Pcs but I do not know the full risks. That is why I would recommend waiting but To be honest I think that it will work just fine.

Hi,

I havent got much experiance in this but in my current PC I have 3 SATA SSD's two 500gb and a 240gb. I was looking at ways to combine these such as using storage spaces through windows, is this the best way and what would this  entail, how much storage would i end up having?

I do know a way but I am not sure if it is the best way so maybe wait before trying.

But anyway if you go into disk management then deallocate it so that they become free space then right click on your top drive that has been deallocated and select new spanned volume. Follow the setup wizard the right click on the newly created disk and select extend volume. Then add as much storage as you wish and that should be it.

One thing to consider is that I have this running one one of my Pcs but I do not know the full risks. That is why I would recommend waiting but To be honest I think that it will work just fine.

I forgot to say how much storage you would have. It should be the 2 500Gb Hard Drives and the 240Gb So 1.24 TB and i you ever want more just buy more storage and repeat what you did before.

5 minutes ago, Doyian said:

I forgot to say how much storage you would have. It should be the 2 500Gb Hard Drives and the 240Gb So 1.24 TB and i you ever want more just buy more storage and repeat what you did before.

Thank you!

If i did deallocate and follow your steps would this format the drives?