wifi antivirus keeps blocking wierd things

Ls9L

so i was just going through my routers settings trying to find upnp and i came across the antivirus and looked at it and my routers antivirus has blocked 400 things in the past day and every single one of them are the exact same thing coming from my pc ( BLOCKED-Classification: MISC Cryptocurrency Monero Mining Activity -1) does anybody know what that means? it blocks it about every 10 minutes on my pc and by the way i dont crypto mine at all i dont even know how to do it but ive heard of it before all i use my pc for is homeschool and gaming.

edit- it has an ip with it to and i searched it up on ip location finder and its showing its from moscow russia NTX Technologies S.R.O.

sounds like something downloaded to your comp that is trying to mine and send out the info i would look up what programs can do this and check to see if you have them 

1 hour ago, Ls9L said:

my routers antivirus has blocked 400 things in the past day and every single one of them are the exact same

What routers antivirus? In my experience, routers don't have antivirus. They can block things and show you a log, is that what you mean?

1 hour ago, Ls9L said:

( BLOCKED-Classification: MISC Cryptocurrency Monero Mining Activity -1)

Looks like you have a mining malware, you most likely got it from that one game you downloaded.

First thing first, make sure internet options and firewall are set to default

Spoiler

Search for "internet Options" and make sure each zone is set to default, each zone should have a greyed out "Default Level"

IO.PNG.2ecaace6faaa6741997a78d6758365d2.PNG

Now go to firewall settings and click "Restore defaults"

FW.thumb.PNG.be594a5b49a900fe41f2075cf7ec9238.PNG

Now, the BEST way to remove any malware/virus is to do a clean windows reinstall

BUT if you can't do that, you can run multiple security scans.

Let's starts with AdwCleaner: https://www.malwarebytes.com/adwcleaner/ <<< download and save to desktop

You will want to have these settings:

Spoiler

adw.PNG.5893d3aa10085f9ad93b11509faea1c3.PNG

Run the scan and reset when it asks you to and reply with the log by copy and paste using the code < > in the forum reply toolbar

Now, download Malwarebytes: https://www.malwarebytes.com/premium/

Do a FULL system scan with scan for rootkits enabled (image below)

Spoiler

MWB.PNG.9c040efa125134c7dc9a91b1d1cfad40.PNG

After the Malwarebytes scan is done, I suggest scanning with Windows Defender and then scan again with AdwCleaner.

1 minute ago, Syaoran said:

What routers antivirus? In my experience, routers don't have antivirus. They can block things and show you a log, is that what you mean?

Looks like you have a mining malware, you most likely got it from that one game you downloaded.

First thing first, make sure internet options and firewall are set to default

Reveal hidden contents

Search for "internet Options" and make sure each zone is set to default, each zone should have a greyed out "Default Level"

IO.PNG.2ecaace6faaa6741997a78d6758365d2.PNG

Now go to firewall settings and click "Restore defaults"

FW.thumb.PNG.be594a5b49a900fe41f2075cf7ec9238.PNG

Now, the BEST way to remove any malware/virus is to do a clean windows reinstall BUT if you can't do that, you can run multiple security scans.

Let's starts with AdwCleaner: https://www.malwarebytes.com/adwcleaner/ <<< download and save to desktop

You will want to have these settings:

Reveal hidden contents

adw.PNG.5893d3aa10085f9ad93b11509faea1c3.PNG

Run the scan and reset when it asks you to and reply with the log by copy and paste using the code < > in the forum reply toolbar

Now, download Malwarebytes: https://www.malwarebytes.com/premium/

Do a FULL system scan with scan for rootkits enabled (image below)

Reveal hidden contents

MWB.PNG.9c040efa125134c7dc9a91b1d1cfad40.PNG

After the Malwarebytes scan is done, I suggest scanning with Windows Defender and then scan again with AdwCleaner.

thank you im doing all of it right now :)