Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Krishna16

No display after removing and re-attaching side panel.

Recommended Posts

Posted · Original PosterOP

Hey guys. So my back panel (the one which hides all the cables) wasn't attached properly, so I removed and placed it correctly by moving a few cables here and there. The moment I put it back on, it wouldn't boot and there is no display output either. Everything seems to be working fine since all the fans and motherboard lights are working fine. I don't know what is causing this issue since I haven't even done anything wrong. I would appreciate your help.

 

My rig:

Mobo: Asus Tuf B450 Plus Gaming

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600

Case: Cooler Master K501L

Graphics: Zotac RTX 2060 twin fan

Power Supply: Cooler Master 550W

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I had a similar issue.

 

In my case, it was 3 bent cpu socket pins which I carefully and successfully bent back and got the PC working fine.

 

Sorry if this doesn't help in your case.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
11 minutes ago, FajardoX said:

I had a similar issue.

 

In my case, it was 3 bent cpu socket pins which I carefully and successfully bent back and got the PC working fine.

 

Sorry if this doesn't help in your case.

I don't think anything like that could've happened.

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Krishna16 said:

Hey guys. So my back panel (the one which hides all the cables) wasn't attached properly, so I removed and placed it correctly by moving a few cables here and there. The moment I put it back on, it wouldn't boot and there is no display output either. Everything seems to be working fine since all the fans and motherboard lights are working fine. I don't know what is causing this issue since I haven't even done anything wrong. I would appreciate your help.

 

My rig:

Mobo: Asus Tuf B450 Plus Gaming

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600

Case: Cooler Master K501L

Graphics: Zotac RTX 2060 twin fan

Power Supply: Cooler Master 550W

 

 

Probably a cable came loose. Got and check if they are all still attached properly. Another thing is that a piece of metal is touching the back of the motherboard if your case has cutouts in the back there. Thus causing a short. Remove the backpanel and lift the cables away from any part where they could be touching there.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
14 minutes ago, jaslion said:

Probably a cable came loose. Got and check if they are all still attached properly. Another thing is that a piece of metal is touching the back of the motherboard if your case has cutouts in the back there. Thus causing a short. Remove the backpanel and lift the cables away from any part where they could be touching there.

Checked all the cables and they are secured well, and there is no wire touching the back of my motherboard. It's not showing anything when I detatched my SSD and HDD too. They both are secured too. It actually booted once in between, but for some reason my USB ports were not working. My controller light wasn't lighting up when I connected it through USB and my mouse and keyboard weren't working either.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Krishna16 said:

Checked all the cables and they are secured well, and there is no wire touching the back of my motherboard. It's not showing anything when I detatched my SSD and HDD too. They both are secured too. It actually booted once in between, but for some reason my USB ports were not working. My controller light wasn't lighting up when I connected it through USB and my mouse and keyboard weren't working either.

I would advice you to remove it from the case and test the motherboard and such on a box outside of the case to verify if there is a problem with the mounting or the pc itself. Also what cooler master 500w psu is that?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
7 minutes ago, jaslion said:

I would advice you to remove it from the case and test the motherboard and such on a box outside of the case to verify if there is a problem with the mounting or the pc itself. Also what cooler master 500w psu is that?

I'm using the 550W MWE White. And how am I suppose to remove everything since all the cables are tied together with zip ties? One of my friends while assisting me in building it did a pretty good job at cable management.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Krishna16 said:

I'm using the 550W MWE White. And how am I suppose to remove everything since all the cables are tied together with zip ties? One of my friends while assisting me in building it did a pretty good job at cable management.

That mwe white psu is known to be a bad psu and cause plenty of problems. Wouldn't be too surprised that it's giving out.

As for removing the system just carefully cut the ties. Maybe ask your friend to assist in fixing the problem again.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
57 minutes ago, jaslion said:

That mwe white psu is known to be a bad psu and cause plenty of problems. Wouldn't be too surprised that it's giving out.

As for removing the system just carefully cut the ties. Maybe ask your friend to assist in fixing the problem again.

Isnt there anything else I can do??

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Krishna16 said:

Isnt there anything else I can do??

You can try unplugging and re plugging everything.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
26 minutes ago, jaslion said:

You can try unplugging and re plugging everything.

I fixed the issue by removing the ram and re-attaching them and I still don't understand what the in the world wasn't working. But, I still don't understand why I can't boot into the bios with my SSD (gigabyte 120gb with windows 10) and HDD attached? Although I can boot into Windows fine. I don't know how I thought my ram slot died, but now it's not dead. Any idea how all this may have happened? And any idea on the bios thingy (starting up without hdd and SSD)

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Krishna16 said:

I fixed the issue by removing the ram and re-attaching them and I still don't understand what the in the world wasn't working. But, I still don't understand why I can't boot into the bios with my SSD (gigabyte 120gb with windows 10) and HDD attached? Although I can boot into Windows fine. I don't know how I thought my ram slot died, but now it's not dead. Any idea how all this may have happened? And any idea on the bios thingy (starting up without hdd and SSD)

Windows locks boot to bios when fastboot is on in the bios. You can access it by getting windows to boot into it's recovery mode and then there you can select boot to UEFI.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
25 minutes ago, jaslion said:

Windows locks boot to bios when fastboot is on in the bios. You can access it by getting windows to boot into it's recovery mode and then there you can select boot to UEFI.

Tried, not working.

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Krishna16 said:

I fixed the issue by removing the ram and re-attaching them and I still don't understand what the in the world wasn't working. But, I still don't understand why I can't boot into the bios with my SSD (gigabyte 120gb with windows 10) and HDD attached? Although I can boot into Windows fine. I don't know how I thought my ram slot died, but now it's not dead. Any idea how all this may have happened? And any idea on the bios thingy (starting up without hdd and SSD)

Clear CMOS. Its possible that cable knocked some rocker switch on motherboard, disconnected SATA cable while BIOS was getting power and other stuff like that. Windows bootloader is bit aggressive when it comes to order of SATA cables for example. Changing the order can mess up things badly.

 

-> Moved to Troubleshooting


^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×