Haze in xd5 res

Hello all, 

Last time i filled my loop after replacing the gpu block i did a leak test for about 24 hours with only the pump running. The res was only about 2/3 full. After i filled it up the rest of the way after that, i seem to have this haze there where it was exposed to air. 

Is there any way to clean this? Or did that part being exposed to air while cycling cause damage to the res plastic? 

20200412_222523.jpg

20200412_222504.jpg

3 minutes ago, m9x3mos said:

Hello all, 

Last time i filled my loop after replacing the gpu block i did a leak test for about 24 hours with only the pump running. The res was only about 2/3 full. After i filled it up the rest of the way after that, i seem to have this haze there where it was exposed to air. 

Is there any way to clean this? Or did that part being exposed to air while cycling cause damage to the res plastic? 

It looks like some debris or dirt that got inside the res unless it's just on the outside from fingerprints or such.

@W-L

Definitely on the inside sadly. Just cleaned the system today when i noticed it again and didn't check before. 

24 minutes ago, m9x3mos said:

@W-L

Definitely on the inside sadly. Just cleaned the system today when i noticed it again and didn't check before. 

Don't want to say it but your gonna have to go through the process of draining the loop just to open the res to wipe off the inside. Personally I'd probably just leave it if it's a light haze as that won't affect the loop but I understand the desire to have it looking pristine. 

@W-L

Yeah, that was what i was thinking too. I'll probably just leave it for now as it would probably take me about 3 hours to do the work and I'd need to leak test it again. 

Don't think it is damaged and probably just some sort of evaporative residue but figured it doesn't hurt to ask. 

Overall very happy with how everything turned out now other than that one thing. 

If you are using soft tubing then it is more than likely plasticizer. I've had that issue in pretty much every sold tube build I've done.

@AngryBeaver

Good point, didn't even think of that. This is the soft tubing from corsair as well. If that is the case, i assume that can be wiped off right? 

5 hours ago, m9x3mos said:

@AngryBeaver

Good point, didn't even think of that. This is the soft tubing from corsair as well. If that is the case, i assume that can be wiped off right? 

It can, but it will leach for a while. So you might as well just do a good flush in 6 or more months.