Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
20 minutes ago, ezelbanaan said:

Ok so I build a budget build and it has 8 gb of ram (this one) and I would like to upgrade it to 16gb. I was wondering that if I buy the exact same one again and add it to my sytem will it cause any problems or will it just work?

If you just used one stick of RAM, the answer is most definitely yes, but mind the cas latency, and the speed. If the CAS or speed of the ram is different, then the RAM will run at the higher latency and lower speed. If you have 2 sticks of RAM, maybe not. If you have windows 10, then you can press ctrl+shift+esc and navigate to performance, then press memory, and look at 'slots used' you can see how many slots are occupied and and how many slots you have. 

Posted · Original PosterOP

Ok so I build a budget build and it has 8 gb of ram (this one) and I would like to upgrade it to 16gb. I was wondering that if I buy the exact same one again and add it to my sytem will it cause any problems or will it just work?

Heyy ❤️

You can totally buy another one, if your motherboard has the space for one, for example: If your motherboard has 6 RAM slots, you can put 6 8GB RAM there, it can be from the same brand with no problem :)

What motherboard do you have ? 

If it is 2 slot board or a 4 slot board you shouldn't have problem.

Posted · Best Answer
20 minutes ago, ezelbanaan said:

If you just used one stick of RAM, the answer is most definitely yes, but mind the cas latency, and the speed. If the CAS or speed of the ram is different, then the RAM will run at the higher latency and lower speed. If you have 2 sticks of RAM, maybe not. If you have windows 10, then you can press ctrl+shift+esc and navigate to performance, then press memory, and look at 'slots used' you can see how many slots are occupied and and how many slots you have. 

When I ask for more specs, don't expect me to know the answer!
I'm just helping YOU to help YOURSELF!
(The more info you give the easier it is for others to help you out!)

Spend As Much Time Writing Your Question As You Want Me To Spend Responding To It.

If I'm wrong, please point it out. I'm always learning & I won't bite.

Motherboard Tier LIst

PC Troubleshooting

You don't need a big PSU

PSU Tier List

Build: Craptastic Intel i7-4785T, 12gb of Laptop 1333 mhz ddr3 Ram, and HD 4000 Graphics. 

Posted · Original PosterOP
1 hour ago, ooof.u said:

Heyy ❤️

You can totally buy another one, if your motherboard has the space for one, for example: If your motherboard has 6 RAM slots, you can put 6 8GB RAM there, it can be from the same brand with no problem :)

1 hour ago, Trevor87 said:

What motherboard do you have ? 

If it is 2 slot board or a 4 slot board you shouldn't have problem.

48 minutes ago, InnerBeast Gaming said:

First of all I’d like to thank all of you for your quick answers. So according to all of you it shouldn’t be a problem. Btw I do know enough about pc’s to know I will need a second ram slot. I don’t know what exact motherboard I have but I do know it has 4 ram slots. So again thanks to all of you