Windows 10 May 2020 Update - Here is everything you need to know - Out now!!!

GoodBytes
37 minutes ago, RejZoR said:

And here we go with exact same bullshit I was experiencing with preview. Dumb Windows downgrading my GeForce driver to some ancient version from 2019 for no good reason. I literally installed very latest driver for version 2004 that NVIDIA released today and this dumb OS just reverts it back to some prehistoric version on next boot. Slow fucking clap. And is till don't have any mention of those new graphic settings anywhere. Coz GTX 1080Ti is apparently too old or some shit... Also my god, when will Microsoft sort this garbage language thing with Windows. It took me 15 minutes to figure out how to get rid of stupid language bar. And I know it'll back every time I'll run any Source based game. I just want Windows interface in English and keyboard in Slovenian. Is it too bloody much to ask for something this simple? No, I always have to go through long noodles of switching crap back and forth until shit finally aligns and sticks. At least partially. My god this is infuriating and MS hasn't done a damn thing to make it better since Windows 8 basically. Just baffling.

EDIT:

Oh wow, this is even better. NVIDIA installer thinks 446.14 is installed. Windows Device Manager says 432.00 is installed. I always wanted a split personality driver on my system...

Did not happen to me on 5 different systems.

Security Analyst & Tech Enthusiast

Ask me anything.

May update seems to work flawless on my machine. I waited with Nvidia update until after I updated Windows though.

Nvidia's new driver doesn't come with WDDM 2.7. Disappointed.

6 hours ago, spartaman64 said:

pray to lord cho to give you good not bricking computer with windows update rng

Valencia Siege 5/23/2020 CHONATION - YouTube

Who man is that? 

11 minutes ago, AshRiver said:

Who man is that? 

I have no idea but I christen him “about to sneeze dude”

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

Microsoft releases it update block list. So if you are affected any issues, do not upgrade!

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/release-information/status-windows-10-2004

Many of the mentioned items bellow are known issues during Insider program and are day 1 blocked

Some notable issues:

• For a yet to be determined the model(s), system with RealTek Bluetooth cannot connect more than 1 device.
  • Those with Conexant ISST audio chips might have an error and/or not work correctly or at all. (again, known before, day 1 block)
  • Those with Intel iGPU, Variable Refresh Rate feature doesn't work with DirectX 9 games
  • Possibility to get a stop error is you unplug or plug a Thunderbolt device while the system is running
  • Incompatibility issue with Nvidia GPUs running driver  358.00 or older. Update your driver before upgrading.

So if you are affected by one of the items  listed, it would be best to not force upgrade via Media Creation tools, and wait for Microsoft or the manufcature to release a fix.

Currently downloading it in the middle of a work day while working from home and actually having stuff I do need to do today... Wish me luck... haha

Just now, IntMD said:

Currently downloading it in the middle of a work day while working from home and actually having stuff I do need to do today... Wish me luck... haha

General reception has been very positive, this update doesn't seem to mess with any settings or reinstall anything you've removed. You should be fine.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

8 minutes ago, Escanor said:

Help 🙃 its not flighting out of insiders

Again in English please.

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

52 minutes ago, Master Disaster said:

General reception has been very positive, this update doesn't seem to mess with any settings or reinstall anything you've removed. You should be fine.

To be honest, I was only joking. I've never personally had a Win 10 update go bad so far, but now I've said that....

Edit: Update has finished and everything seems to be working fine.

My ASUS Transformer and desktop PC updated normally, my Ryzen laptop doesn't get anything. Apparently it has something blacklisted, most likely the Realtek BT module... I only need it for AirPods so ugh, waiting game I guess...

7 minutes ago, RejZoR said:

My ASUS Transformer and desktop PC updated normally, my Ryzen laptop doesn't get anything. Apparently it has something blacklisted, most likely the Realtek BT module... I only need it for AirPods so ugh, waiting game I guess...

It will be released in waves. You can use the media creation tool if you are not of the patient type.

4 hours ago, IntMD said:

To be honest, I was only joking. I've never personally had a Win 10 update go bad so far, but now I've said that....

Edit: Update has finished and everything seems to be working fine.

Same here unlike previous versions of Windows.

Just installed it, seems really stable so far. 

زندگی از چراغ

Intel Core i7 7800X 6C/12T (4.5GHz), Corsair H150i Pro RGB (360mm), Asus Prime X299-A, Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4X4GB & 2X8GB 3000MHz DDR4), MSI GeForce GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G (2.113GHz core & 9.104GHz memory), 1 Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB NVMe M.2, 1 Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD, 1 Samsung 850 Evo 500GB SSD, 1 WD Red 1TB mechanical drive, Corsair RM750X 80+ Gold fully modular PSU, Corsair Obsidian 750D full tower case, Corsair Glaive RGB mouse, Corsair K70 RGB MK.2 (Cherry MX Red) keyboard, Asus VN247HA (1920x1080 60Hz 16:9), Audio Technica ATH-M20x headphones & Windows 10 Home 64 bit. 

The time Linus replied to me on one of my threads: 

I've upgraded my two Thinkpads and both of them upgraded perfectly fine without any issues, so I'm happy about that.

I'm in the process of upgrading my mother in law's computer right now.

On 5/27/2020 at 9:46 PM, mrthuvi said:

Nvidia's new driver doesn't come with WDDM 2.7. Disappointed.

If it were to be my guess. Rumors suggests that Nvidia when Nvidia will release the GeForce 3000 series (or whatever it will be called) soon, they will scrap the Windows XP with IE integration Control Panel that requires 20 super computer to simply navigate, with a new updated panel that compete better with AMD one, possibly embedded in GeForce Experience panel. I think then they will release it with WDDM 2.7, especially that it is expected to be released in a few months (September). If rumors are to be believed.

1 minute ago, GoodBytes said:

If it were to be my guess. Rumors suggests that Nvidia when Nvidia will release the GeForce 3000 series (or whatever it will be called) soon, they will scrap the Windows XP with IE integration Control Panel that requires 20 super computer to simply navigate, with a new updated panel that compete better with AMD one, possibly embedded in GeForce Experience panel. I think then they will release it with WDDM 2.7, especially that it is expected to be released in a few months (September). If rumors are to be believed.

A driver release would disseminate information about the product because people would no doubt dig trough the code looking for clues.   Iirc some leaks have come by people reconstructing binaries and effectively “undeleting” deleted stuff.  I am not at all surprised there is no reference at all to it.  The product isn’t released yet.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

4 hours ago, Bombastinator said:

A driver release would disseminate information about the product because people would no doubt dig trough the code looking for clues.   Iirc some leaks have come by people reconstructing binaries and effectively “undeleting” deleted stuff.  I am not at all surprised there is no reference at all to it.  The product isn’t released yet.

Thing is, despite them saying the contrary, businesses don't mind to much when that happens (and I'm 99% sure a lot of the time that stuff is left in intentionally). Paying for marketing is expensive, doing it this way they get it for free. Gotta start building that hype train early.

It seems Nvidia driver 446.14 has an issue where it freezes the system coming back from screensaver. 

زندگی از چراغ

Intel Core i7 7800X 6C/12T (4.5GHz), Corsair H150i Pro RGB (360mm), Asus Prime X299-A, Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4X4GB & 2X8GB 3000MHz DDR4), MSI GeForce GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G (2.113GHz core & 9.104GHz memory), 1 Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB NVMe M.2, 1 Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD, 1 Samsung 850 Evo 500GB SSD, 1 WD Red 1TB mechanical drive, Corsair RM750X 80+ Gold fully modular PSU, Corsair Obsidian 750D full tower case, Corsair Glaive RGB mouse, Corsair K70 RGB MK.2 (Cherry MX Red) keyboard, Asus VN247HA (1920x1080 60Hz 16:9), Audio Technica ATH-M20x headphones & Windows 10 Home 64 bit. 

The time Linus replied to me on one of my threads: 

Funny thing with all insider builds is they expire 01.08.2020

I edit my posts more often than not

I'm on it on 2 machines which have both gone to screensaver many times to day, no issues. So rather "can freeze on some systems" probably.

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

8 hours ago, Tan3l6 said:

Funny thing with all insider builds is they expire 01.08.2020

Expires 31/7/2020

Latest build is: 19635.1

On 5/27/2020 at 1:06 PM, LAwLz said:

Please remember that clicking the "check for updates" button means you might download pre-release software thst hasn't been fullt tested yet. If you want a stable OS please wait for the update to show up by itself, or at the very least wait a week or so. 

Wait that's not true it's not pre-release if it's not an insider build.

• My system specs
  • View 91 Tempered Glass RGB Edition, No PSU, XL-ATX, Black, Full Tower Case
  • ROG MAXIMUS XI EXTREME, Intel Z390 Chipset, LGA 1151, HDMI, E-ATX Motherboard
  • Core™ i9-9900K 8-Core 3.6 - 5.0GHz Turbo, LGA 1151, 95W TDP, Processor
  • GeForce RTX™ 2080 Ti OC ROG-STRIX-RTX2080TI-O11G-GAMING, 1350 - 1665MHz, 11GB GDDR6, Graphics Card
  • ROG RYUJIN 360, 360mm Radiator, Liquid Cooling System
  • 32GB Kit (2 x 16GB) Trident Z DDR4 3200MHz, CL14, Silver-Red DIMM Memory
  • AX1600i Digital, 80 PLUS Titanium 1600W, Fanless Mode, Fully Modular, ATX Power Supply
  • Formula 7, 4g, 8.3 (W/m-K), Nano Diamond, Thermal Compound
  • On AIO cooler 6 x NF-F12 IPPC 3000 PWM 120x120x25mm 4Pin Fibre-glass SSO2 Heptaperf Retail
  • 6 x NF-A14 IPPC-3000 PWM 140mm, 3000 RPM, 158.5 CFM, 41.3 dBA, Cooling Fan
  • 1TB 970 PRO 2280, 3500 / 2700 MB/s, V-NAND 2-bit MLC, PCIe 3.0 x4 NVMe, M.2 SSD
  • Windows 10 Pro 64-bit 
  • Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Generation) Premium Gaming Headset
  • ROG PG279Q
  • Corsair K95 Platinum XT
  • ROG Sica

4 hours ago, Thomas001 said:

Wait that's not true it's not pre-release if it's not an insider build.

https://www.pcworld.com/article/3326833/careful-windows-10s-check-for-updates-button-may-download-beta-code.html

referring to this

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>