$600 GAMING PC for Broke Student

Good day! I'm Cj a student from Philippines. Can you help me to build a Gaming PC? The item can buy through their Store and can also buy at their Website (https://www.facebook.com/easypc.ph/)  My budget is $600 (30,000Php) for Operating System only. Thank you and God bless y'all.

Can you buy any parts used where you're located? Is there a used marketplace website ? Or do you have access to ebay at the very least?

If you do, that would get you a much better PC than going brand new.

Other than that, if you have to buy new, does it need to be at a local store or can you buy online too?

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

I will buy a brand new parts at EASY PC store in the Philippines and I can also buy at their website @TetraSky

Edited by Cj Carlos Lising

-Moved to New Builds and Planning-

Hi there, if you want to ensure people reply, make sure to quote them like this:

11 minutes ago, TetraSky said:

Can you buy any parts used where you're located? Is there a used marketplace website ? Or do you have access to ebay at the very least?

If you do, that would get you a much better PC than going brand new.

Other than that, if you have to buy new, does it need to be at a local store or can you buy online too?

Or

Tag them like @TetraSky

Community Standards || Tech News Posting Guidelines

---======================================================================---

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: RTX 3070|| Memory: 32GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken || PSU: 650W EVGA GM || Case: NR200P

Don't buy used. Especially if you are new to this. Especially if you dont personally know the seller or he doesn't give you any warranty, especially if its anything other than ram, mobo or case since you never know what "experiments" they did before selling.

New will have 2 years headache free warranty. for $600 you'll start with a b450 max mobo, and either 2nd or 3rd gen ryzen cpu with at least 8gb 3000mhz ram.

Do you have anything at all right now? Monitor? Keyboard?

You say "600$ operating system only". Do you mean for the computer itself, excluding all the accessories?

In any case, here's two 600-ish builds.

Something like that would be ok. You'd be using the box heatsink that comes with the CPU. (PSU is not great, but you can't exactly get a quality PSU at that price range)

Some parts can be changed depending on what you prefer.

If you want more storage space, remove the SSD and get a hard drive instead.

This price doesn't include taxes or the OS itself (you can get Win10 off Ebay for less than $10 if you want it)

There are ways to save money in some places, like going with a cheaper CPU altogether, like the 3200G.

That would let you fit in a GTX 1660 Super in there instead of a much older 570.

For example, this one :

In that one, the PSU is slightly better, too. But you lose the SSD and you now only have quad core lower end CPU instead of the beast of a 6-core CPU that is the 3600. (still great for gaming)

If you could increase your budget a bit, by like $100, you could replace the CPU and HDD with the parts from the first list.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

2 hours ago, Cj Carlos Lising said:

@TetraSky

can you decide which one is better from your build to my own own build?EASYPC TAFT.pdf

JC MACABANGON.pdf 29.45 kB · 0 downloads

Build wise, the first build I showed is "better". Due to the better CPU it uses, dual channel RAM, etc.

Other than that, if you need to choose within the ones you've posted, your second build "JC MACABANGON.pdf" is ok, Ryzen benefits a lot from fast ram and Dual Channel memory. BUT you don't have a GPU in that one, you won't have any output, rendering it useless.

As such you'd basically have to take your first one.

If I could make modifications to the builds you've showed, I would choose the EasyPC taft.pdf PC

Just get rid of the 120GB SSD and get 2x8GB memory instead (Keeping it 2666 is "fine", Zen+ have issues with faster RAM, unlike Zen2).

Lots of games these days use more than 8GB of RAM.

Yes losing the SSD is sad, but you'll only have slightly longer boot time for Windows, literally won't change anything for gaming and you can always buy one down the line if you save your money a bit. While with RAM, you'd have to basically get rid of your existing RAM to get more RAM, for dual channel purpose.

That said, Raidmax PSU is trashtier, do visit the PSU tier lists to know more or less what to get :

7 minutes ago, Cj Carlos Lising said:

@TetraSky

what will happen if CPU and GPU doesn't match? What do I mean every CPU AND GPU has a own compatibility?

There's no "compatibility" between CPU and GPU. You can buy Intel CPU with AMD GPU or AMD CPU with Nvidia GPU, doesn't matter.

There are, however, things like bottlenecks. Now bottlenecks are a bit of a wild beast, but imagine it this way: there is a highway with cars on it. This highway has 3 lanes which allows 3 cars to drive parallel to each others. Then the highway goes from 3 lanes to 1 lane and suddenly you have a massive traffic jam as cars attempt to get through one by one into the single lane(like this).

This happens if you pair a low end CPU with a High end GPU or vice versa. (For example, if you use a Core 2 Duo CPU from 15 years ago and decide to buy a new RTX 2080 ti... it'd be a terrible experience all around)

None of the lists so far, from me or you, have an egregious amount of bottleneck between CPUs and GPU. They can be better, yes, but they are all good.

Just now, Cj Carlos Lising said:

@TetraSky

is there any possibility to damage the CPU or GPU?

The only way to damage either of those, would be if you physically damaged them while building the PC. Bottleneck doesn't damage parts.

The 570 is better against that particular card.

19 minutes ago, Cj Carlos Lising said:

@TetraSky

what is your suggested PSU for my GPU? My GPU is ASUS GTX 1650 Phoenix OC 4G 

450W~500W would be plenty for that GPU.

You can choose the one I listed before

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/Q7L7YJ/corsair-cx-2017-450w-80-bronze-certified-atx-power-supply-cp-9020120-na

Or, you can also look through the lists of power supplies that are good (and bad) in the following threads:

• 2 weeks later...

@TetraSky what to consider for PSU? this is my final build for my PC

Processor: Ryzen 5 2600

Motherboard: MSI B450 Gaming Plus Max

GPU: RX 570 OC

RAM: Tforce Delta 3200mhz RGB (2x8GB)

Power Supp: ???

Memory (HDD): Western Digital 1tb  blue

Memory (SSD): Western Digital 450GB