Hi guys, so i'm planning to build a gaming pc. The gaming pc's case is Lian Li 011D XL or 011D and with a motherboard Asus Tuf Gaming X570-plus (wifi). There are some ports at the front of the case and I'm just wondering if it fits or the motherboard can completely make use of the usb ports infront. As in are there enough usb ports in the motherboard for the Case to connect to? Wish to hear your response, thank you.

Lian Li 011D:

USB3.0 x2 , HD Audio
USB3.1 Type-C x1 , HD Audio

Lian Li 011D XL:

4 X USB 3.0 (2 on the front, 2 at the front case feet), 1 X USB 3.1 TYPE-C, 1 X HD AUDIO

Motherboard:

Idk how to read, sorry bought that. https://www.asus.com/sg/Motherboards/TUF-GAMING-X570-PLUS-WI-FI/specifications/

1st question:) I'm wondering if my Asus tuf gaming x570-plus (wifi) motherboard has enough usb ports internal for the case to connect to?

2nd question:) Can someone teach me how do i read why are they writing USB Ports, Back I/O Ports and Internal I/O Ports? Thanks!

if you check the internal I/O ports section that board states: 
 1x USB 3.2 Gen 1 (up to 5Gbps) connector support additional 2 USB ports

so it will support 2 USB 3.0 ports. 

it will not support a type-C port.

look in the internal I/O section to see if your motherboard supports your case's front panel.

almost all MBs support HD audio (this is frontpanel's 3.5mm headphone/mic port)

We can't Benchmark like we used to, but we have our ways. One trick is to shove more GPUs in your computer. Like the time I needed to NV-Link, because I needed a higher HeavenBench score, so I did an SLI, which is what they called NV-Link back in the day. So, I decided to put two GPUs in my computer, which was the style at the time. Now, to add another GPU to your computer, costs a new PSU. Now in those days PSUs said OCZ on them, "Gimme 750W OCZs for an SLI" you'd say. Now where were we? Oh yeah, the important thing was that I had two GPUs in my rig, which was the style at the time! They didn't have RGB PSUs at the time, because of the war. The only thing you could get was those big green ones. 

The Gigabyte x570 Aorus Elite (with or without wifi) is probably the cheapest that has usb type c connector for the front panel.

It has minimal RGB stuff though, if you're interested in that, and it has only one video output but you're probably not gonna use a cpu with integrated graphics with it so it doesn't really matter. .

Performance wise, it's almost as good as the Asus TUF board ... very good VRM and heatsink for it.

Has good sound, optical out, 7.1. has a plain black design with some orange leds which can probably be turned off, so it would look great in a transparent case.

I think the new MSI x570 Unify (which is very good, compared to most cheap x570 boards from msi) also has usb type c but double check that... it's also much more expensive though.

Links :

200$ Elite (non-wifi) : Amazon.com: Gigabyte X570 AORUS Elite (AMD Ryzen 3000/X570/ATX/PCIe4.0/DDR4/USB3.1/Realtek ALC1200/Front USB Type-C/RGB Fusion 2.0/M.2 Thermal Guard/Gaming Motherboard): Computers & Accessories

210$ Elite (wifi) : Amazon.com: Gigabyte X570 AORUS Elite Wifi (AMD Ryzen 3000/X570/ATX/PCIe4.0/DDR4/Intel Dual Band 802.11AC WIFI/Front USB Type-C/RGB Fusion 2.0/M.2 Thermal Guard/Gaming Motherboard): Electronics

3 hours ago, VioDuskar said:

1x USB 3.2 Gen 1 (up to 5Gbps) connector support additional 2 USB ports

My motherboard only supports up to 2x USB 3.0 port, however there are 4 USB 3.0 ports in the case, how do i solve this?

If you already bought the motherboard, you can either

1. buy a  USB 3 controller card (which creates more headers like the one on the motherboard),

Examples:

2 internal headers (4 usb ports) : Amazon.com: Phoneix PCI Express to Dual 20 Pin USB 3.0 PCI-e X1 to 2 ports 19pin USB3.0 Header Support Low Profile Bracket: Computers & Accessories

1 internal, 2 external : Amazon.com: Tihebeyan PCI-E to 2 USB 3.0 Hub Port PCI Expansion Card Adapter with Front 20-PIN Interface: Computers & Accessories

2. buy an internal usb 3.0 hub

Here's an example Amazon.com: Sabrent 5 Port Internal USB 3.0 Hub Controller (HB-INTR): Computers & Accessories

You connect this to the motherboard using the usb 3 header, and give it power through a sata power connector and it creates a couple usb 3 headers and a couple usb type a ports

3. buy  a usb 3 extension cable, and route it from the io shield to the front panel ... it looks like this :

Amazon.com: Toptekits 2 Port USB 3.0 A Female Screw Panel Mount to Motherboard 20 Pin Flat Cable Cord by Toptekits 1.6ft/0.5m: Computers & Accessories

(the above is a bit short length)

4. buy an adapter which converts an usb 2.0 header to usb 3.0 header - the usb 3 connectors on the case will work, but at usb 2.0 speeds.

Here's an example: https://www.ebay.com/itm/USB-3-0-20-pin-to-USB-2-0-Motherboard-9pin-Internal-Cable-Adapter-Connector/172993198607

This is cheapest and easiest but your two usb 3 ports on the case will run at usb 2.0 speeds, like I said.

1 minute ago, mariushm said:

If you already bought the motherboard, you can either

1. buy a  USB 3 controller card (which creates more headers like the one on the motherboard),

Examples:

2 internal headers (4 usb ports) : Amazon.com: Phoneix PCI Express to Dual 20 Pin USB 3.0 PCI-e X1 to 2 ports 19pin USB3.0 Header Support Low Profile Bracket: Computers & Accessories

1 internal, 2 external : Amazon.com: Tihebeyan PCI-E to 2 USB 3.0 Hub Port PCI Expansion Card Adapter with Front 20-PIN Interface: Computers & Accessories

2. buy an internal usb 3.0 hub

Here's an example Amazon.com: Sabrent 5 Port Internal USB 3.0 Hub Controller (HB-INTR): Computers & Accessories

You connect this to the motherboard using the usb 3 header, and give it power through a sata power connector and it creates a couple usb 3 headers and a couple usb type a ports

3. buy  a usb 3 extension cable, and route it from the io shield to the front panel ... it looks like this :

Amazon.com: Toptekits 2 Port USB 3.0 A Female Screw Panel Mount to Motherboard 20 Pin Flat Cable Cord by Toptekits 1.6ft/0.5m: Computers & Accessories

(the above is a bit short length)

4. buy an adapter which converts an usb 2.0 header to usb 3.0 header - the usb 3 connectors on the case will work, but at usb 2.0 speeds.

Here's an example: https://www.ebay.com/itm/USB-3-0-20-pin-to-USB-2-0-Motherboard-9pin-Internal-Cable-Adapter-Connector/172993198607

This is cheapest and easiest but your two usb 3 ports on the case will run at usb 2.0 speeds, like I said.

my case will be lian li 011d xl which has 4 usb 3.0 ports at the front, and my motherboard has 2 usb 3.2 ports internal.

1st question, are they backwards compatible?

2nd question, because there will be wires/cables inside the case for the front ports, and my case has 4 usb 3.2 ports. So i want to ask, will the 4xUSB 3.2port's cable join together and become 1 or 2 cables or just 4?

usb 3.2 gen1 is the same thing as usb 3.1 gen1  and the same thing as 3.0 ... it's usb 3, capable of 5 gbps

gen2 is 10gbps and for front panel, it requires that fancy connector which as far as I know is not available on the Asus TUF motherboard

If your case says it has 4 usb 3 / 3.1 / 3.2  5gbps, most likely they will be in the default configuration cases have used since usb 3 was a thing ... two usb 3 ports go to that big 20 pin connector, which is supposed to go into a usb 3 20pin motherboard header.

Basically this, just instead of the metal picture the case:

Imagine Front Panel cu 2 X USB 3.0, pinheader USB 3.0 19pini, Delock 61896

Your motherboard (if it's x570 TUF Gaming plus) has a single usb 3 / 3.1 / 3.2 gen 1 header, which has the 20 pins needed for 2 usb 3.0 ports .... so only TWO usb 3 ports on the case would work, without resorting to one of the options in my previous post.

Just now, mariushm said:

usb 3.2 gen1 is the same thing as usb 3.1 gen1  and the same thing as 3.0 ... it's usb 3, capable of 5 gbps

gen2 is 10gbps and for front panel, it requires that fancy connector which as far as I know is not available on the Asus TUF motherboard

If your case says it has 4 usb 3 / 3.1 / 3.2  5gbps, most likely they will be in the default configuration cases have used since usb 3 was a thing ... two usb 3 ports go to that big 20 pin connector, which is supposed to go into a usb 3 20pin motherboard header.

Basically this, just instead of the metal picture the case:

Imagine Front Panel cu 2 X USB 3.0, pinheader USB 3.0 19pini, Delock 61896

Your motherboard (if it's x570 TUF Gaming plus) has a single usb 3 / 3.1 / 3.2 gen 1 header, which has the 20 pins needed for 2 usb 3.0 ports .... so only TWO usb 3 ports on the case would work, without resorting to one of the options in my previous post.

Can you simplify it, as i'm quite unsure what you are saying. btw, i have changed my mobo to MSI MPG X570 GAMING EDGE WIFI Gaming Motherboard AMD AM4 SATA 6Gb/s M.2 USB 3.2 Gen 2 HDMI ATX

No, i can't make it simpler than this.

And that MSI Gaming Edge is a bad choice of motherboard.

On the cheaper side of x570 motherboards, the cheapest worth dealing with are these (and sort of in the order of cheaper ... more expensive , slightly less performance and quality ... higher performance and quality

ASRock x570 Pro4

ASRock x570M Pro4

Asus Prime x570-P

Gigabyte x570 Aorus Elite

Asus x570 TUF Gaming Plus

This spreadsheet is a good reference ... if you go with x570 motherboards, you want one with at least 3 GREEN checkmarks in the center columns : https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1d9_E3h8bLp-TXr-0zTJFqqVxdCR9daIVNyMatydkpFA/htmlview#gid=639584818