Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
juniorjames316

Very quick question

Recommended Posts

Posted · Original PosterOP

This is not really PC related but it is LTT and tech related. So I'm filming a church service to premier on YouTube in 4k on my S10+. How far can I zoom in for a 1080p result and should I do it in post or live? Thanks for the help.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, juniorjames316 said:

This is not really PC related but it is LTT and tech related. So I'm filming a church service to premier on YouTube in 4k on my S10+. How far can I zoom in for a 1080p result and should I do it in post or live? Thanks for the help.

 

4K is 4 times 1080p. 

 

if you do it live the zoom will not effect the resolution. if you want 1080P it must be scaled down in post or you could crop out 75% of the image to get 1920x1080 pixels

 

what you actually want to accomplish is down-scaling the video. youtube may do this for you automatically, but if it allows you to upload in 4k you should, then it will downscale for the user when they try to watch it at different resolutions. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, VioDuskar said:

4K is 4 times 1080p. 

 

if you do it live the zoom will not effect the resolution. if you want 1080P it must be scaled down in post or you could crop out 75% of the image to get 1920x1080 pixels

 

what you actually want to accomplish is down-scaling the video. youtube may do this for you automatically, but if it allows you to upload in 4k you should, then it will downscale for the user when they try to watch it at different resolutions. 

or.. ya know, change it to 1080p in the settings


I HAVE A NEW BLOG! Please follow if you're interested :)

https://linustechtips.com/main/blogs/blog/1330-nzgamers-tech-blog/
AMD Ryzen 3 3200G / Sapphire R9 290X / 16gb (2x8) Kingston ValueRam @ 2666Mhz / Gigabyte A320M-S2H / Kingston A400 120GB M.2 SSD / WD Blue 2.5" 1TB HDD / Cooler Master MWE450 / Aerocool CS-100 / Dell P2210 1680x1050 @ 70Hz (OC)

 

 

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, NZgamer said:

or.. ya know, change it to 1080p in the settings

oh yeah. do that! hey @OP do this.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×