Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
cneilmon

Desktop Motherboard for Intel® Core™ i7-4700MQ Processor

Recommended Posts

you're looking for a desktop motherboard for a FCPGA946 socket. 

they exist. they're only on alibaba, from china, for pretty cheap. i wouldn't suggest it. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
45 minutes ago, VioDuskar said:

you're looking for a desktop motherboard for a FCPGA946 socket. 

they exist. they're only on alibaba, from china, for pretty cheap. i wouldn't suggest it. 

really??? Thanks!

i want to utilize this processor since its a waste to just let it sit around

Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, cneilmon said:

really??? Thanks!

i want to utilize this processor since its a waste to just let it sit around

Can you do this? Yeah kind of?

You'd need something like this: https://m.alibaba.com/product/62417318808/best-budget-motherboard-HM55A-high-performance.html?spm=a2706.7843667.0.0.49da3c2dPnJuXG

 

I am NOT reccomending you actually purchase that link. I did no research on that company or anything like that. You're stepping into the grey area of Chinese Motherboards. It's risky but yes it can be fun. It'd be far easier and less of a hassle to buy a real CPU than this. That way you get normal desktop clockspeeds and none of the risk this involves. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
4 minutes ago, toasty99 said:

Can you do this? Yeah kind of?

You'd need something like this: https://m.alibaba.com/product/62417318808/best-budget-motherboard-HM55A-high-performance.html?spm=a2706.7843667.0.0.49da3c2dPnJuXG

 

I am NOT reccomending you actually purchase that link. I did no research on that company or anything like that. You're stepping into the grey area of Chinese Motherboards. It's risky but yes it can be fun. It'd be far easier and less of a hassle to buy a real CPU than this. That way you get normal desktop clockspeeds and none of the risk this involves. 

yes i kinda agree, though i think it would be best to just buy a whole new set...
still thinking if i'll continue to buy this: https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/Support-FCPGA946-Intel-Core-i3-i5_62432138888.html?spm=a2700.7803241.0.0.2aa93e5f8hw4jv

i found the compatible motherboard for the processor: ESONIC H81SALS Motherboard for Socket FCPGA946

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×