How musch cost should I expect?

I am looking forward to build a ryzen 3900x system. I am opting to get a liquid cooling setup for the pc. I wanna use it for the cpu+vrm and the gpu(gigabyte windforce 2070 super).
How should I configure the rads and other stuff?
Is there any other reliable product except EK?
Total Spec:

CPU- Ryzen 3900x
Motherboard- Asus ROG Strix X570-E
GPU- Gigabyte windforce 2070 super
Case- NZXT 710i

Custom watercooling is definitely a case of "if you have to ask the price, you can't afford it". You shouldn't go in looking to spend a specific amount and no more.

It all depends on whether you overclock, hardline or soft tubing, aesthetics choices, and maybe some quality of life choices like a leak tester, drain port, or flow meter.

Heatkiller is a much better manufacturer of waterblocks than EK, but finding stock right now could be hard. Also, you don't really need to liquid cool those VRMs, with a monoblock. Monoblocks on X570 are pretty much a waste of money over just CPU blocks because most X570 boards' VRMs just don't need more than the passive cooling with the stock heatsinks.

48 minutes ago, TacticalTactics said:

Custom watercooling is definitely a case of "if you have to ask the price, you can't afford it". You shouldn't go in looking to spend a specific amount and no more.

It all depends on whether you overclock, hardline or soft tubing, aesthetics choices, and maybe some quality of life choices like a leak tester, drain port, or flow meter.

Heatkiller is a much better manufacturer of waterblocks than EK, but finding stock right now could be hard. Also, you don't really need to liquid cool those VRMs, with a monoblock. Monoblocks on X570 are pretty much a waste of money over just CPU blocks because most X570 boards' VRMs just don't need more than the passive cooling with the stock heatsinks.

The pc will be active 24/7.
SO, I have to go liquid cooling. Aesthetically I don't care much. I care the performance as i'll be overclocking it.

11 minutes ago, SyedHamed said:

SO, I have to go liquid cooling. Aesthetically I don't care much. I care the performance as i'll be overclocking it.

Just because its on 24/7 doesnt mean you HAVE to go custom water cooling.

For overclocking cpu + gpu, you'll want at least 4 fans worth of rad space, as a rule of thumb. More is preferred of course, but there is diminishing returns since its still ambient cooling.

SO, I have to go liquid cooling. Aesthetically I don't care much. I care the performance as i'll be overclocking it.

If all you care about is performance, air cooling would do you just fine. Liquid cooling is nice because it's quiet. But it'll be way cheaper (and less work, both now and down the line) to just get a big ol' air cooler and some case fans. LTT did a video a while back showing that liquid cooling didn't actually have much of a performance advantage vs a decent air cooler:

9 hours ago, IcelandicFork said:

If all you care about is performance, air cooling would do you just fine. Liquid cooling is nice because it's quiet. But it'll be way cheaper (and less work, both now and down the line) to just get a big ol' air cooler and some case fans. LTT did a video a while back showing that liquid cooling didn't actually have much of a performance advantage vs a decent air cooler:

AIO pumps die way before any other part. that's why I wanna go for liquid cooling as in such conditions, a pump change would be all to do.
Also, liquid cooling should illustrate the life expectancy of my pc.
My brother's h100i pump died. He used an aftermarket pump and block from a chinese retailer. I really dont wanna face that

If reliability is what you're looking for, that's actually a reason not to use water cooling as there are far more points of failure than with air cooling

12 minutes ago, SyedHamed said:

AIO pumps die way before any other part. that's why I wanna go for liquid cooling...

Also what? 

I would argue that if its on 24/7 a custom loop is the LAST thing to do. I have a full custom loop and I never leave it on when im not home using it. If the pump dies, which does happen, than you are gonna have way bigger problems. If you spring a leak, again big problems. If you have a big fat air cooler than with a couple fans on it than you are in a far safer situation. 

With all that said, as far as price goes when I did my hardline set up I spent about $1300 canadian on my parts, that did include about 75 bucks in tools that I wouldnt have to spend again and about 100 bucks in extra parts I didnt end up using between fittings and extra tubing. I used Bykski fittings and distroplate, I used a Bykski water block for the CPU, Primochill rad and tubing, EVGA water block for the GPU and corsair fans. Im going to replace both my blocks with Corsair blocks once im back working full time again, as I dont like the cosmetics of the bykski block and my evga block cracked due to my own stupidity as i cleaned it and overtightened screws when I put it together again.

6 hours ago, Ravendarat said:

I would argue that if its on 24/7 a custom loop is the LAST thing to do. I have a full custom loop and I never leave it on when im not home using it. If the pump dies, which does happen, than you are gonna have way bigger problems. If you spring a leak, again big problems. If you have a big fat air cooler than with a couple fans on it than you are in a far safer situation. 

With all that said, as far as price goes when I did my hardline set up I spent about $1300 canadian on my parts, that did include about 75 bucks in tools that I wouldnt have to spend again and about 100 bucks in extra parts I didnt end up using between fittings and extra tubing. I used Bykski fittings and distroplate, I used a Bykski water block for the CPU, Primochill rad and tubing, EVGA water block for the GPU and corsair fans. Im going to replace both my blocks with Corsair blocks once im back working full time again, as I dont like the cosmetics of the bykski block and my evga block cracked due to my own stupidity as i cleaned it and overtightened screws when I put it together again.

I'll set fail safe protocols and also I really wanna dive into the water cooling world.
I just read an article about how AIO pumps die way before any other componant and then it's nothing but a brick.
That's why I really am into this solution. Thanks for your info. Really helped man.
Peace ✌

2 hours ago, andrewmp6 said:

I would change the case for something with more airflow.

man i really need some suggestion with the case
My current one is a Phanteks P400s tempered class. One of my crush component. But it doesn't support 2x240mm rad
Otherwise i'd go for it again
You got any suggestions?

I mean the obvious and easy answer is the O11 Dynamic, although if you can find a Fractal Define R6 around still its a great case. I mean there are PLENTY of cases that will hold 2x240, it really comes down to what you want it to look like as your build is pretty standard component wise.

I run my main machine 24/7. In all my time watercooling I've had one pump failure and it happened after a shutdown.

I haven't seen or heard of many good pumps (like a d5 or ddc) that have died while they were already powered on and running... outside of them getting to hot by running dry or not having a good enough heatsink. Now when the machine is powered down and then started it takes a lot more to get the pump going and thus this is where most failures seem to occur.

On 4/11/2020 at 4:23 AM, SyedHamed said:

I am looking forward to build a ryzen 3900x system. I am opting to get a liquid cooling setup for the pc. I wanna use it for the cpu+vrm and the gpu(gigabyte windforce 2070 super).
How should I configure the rads and other stuff?
Is there any other reliable product except EK?
Total Spec:

CPU- Ryzen 3900x
Motherboard- Asus ROG Strix X570-E
GPU- Gigabyte windforce 2070 super
Case- NZXT 710i

If ur very worried about reliability then I would run a dual Pump loop for ur use case.

A 360mm + 240mm rad setup would probably be the way to go.

EK is a good option for the blocks.

Fittings is entirely ur aesthetic choice. And dependent on hard vs soft tubing.

Tubing, if u want to minimize maintenance Glass is best as it doesnt age, stain, or leach, but more expensive as ull require more fittings for the 'bends'.

Soft tubing is the cheapest and easiest to work with but requires replacement as it ages.

PETG hard tubing is in between glass and soft tubing for both ease of use and longevity.

Reservoirs, same as above, however the vast majority are plastic, so ur likely going to be using one of those. If u do go for glass tubing, consider a glass res to go with it, like the XSPC Photon

Radiators have many options, but Hardware Labs are generally considered the best.

Fans, best are Noctua NF-A12x25. Costly at £25 a piece however, and ull need minimum of 5 for a 360 + 240 rad setup.

Pumps wise, any D5 variant. Its the only real choice for reliability.

Cost, as others have mentioned, if u have to ask ..ur likely going to look at it as to expensive. The kind of loop ur looking at is likely to cost at least £1000.

CPU: Intel i7 3930k w/OC & EK Supremacy EVO Block | Motherboard: Asus P9x79 Pro  | RAM: G.Skill 4x4 1866 CL9 | PSU: Seasonic Platinum 1000w Corsair RM 750w Gold (2021)|

VDU: Panasonic 42" Plasma | GPU: Gigabyte 1080ti Gaming OC & Barrow Block (RIP)...GTX 980ti | Sound: Asus Xonar D2X - Z5500 -FiiO X3K DAP/DAC - ATH-M50S | Case: Phantek Enthoo Primo White |

Storage: Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SSD + WD Blue 1TB SSD | Cooling: XSPC D5 Photon 270 Res & Pump | 2x XSPC AX240 White Rads | NexXxos Monsta 80x240 Rad P/P | NF-A12x25 fans |

5 hours ago, SolarNova said:

If ur very worried about reliability then I would run a dual Pump loop for ur use case.

A 360mm + 240mm rad setup would probably be the way to go.

EK is a good option for the blocks.

Fittings is entirely ur aesthetic choice. And dependent on hard vs soft tubing.

Tubing, if u want to minimize maintenance Glass is best as it doesnt age, stain, or leach, but more expensive as ull require more fittings for the 'bends'.

Soft tubing is the cheapest and easiest to work with but requires replacement as it ages.

PETG hard tubing is in between glass and soft tubing for both ease of use and longevity.

Reservoirs, same as above, however the vast majority are plastic, so ur likely going to be using one of those. If u do go for glass tubing, consider a glass res to go with it, like the XSPC Photon

Radiators have many options, but Hardware Labs are generally considered the best.

Fans, best are Noctua NF-A12x25. Costly at £25 a piece however, and ull need minimum of 5 for a 360 + 240 rad setup.

Pumps wise, any D5 variant. Its the only real choice for reliability.

Cost, as others have mentioned, if u have to ask ..ur likely going to look at it as to expensive. The kind of loop ur looking at is likely to cost at least £1000.

Thanks man. You said everything that I needed to know ❤. My budget for the cooling is around a 1000$.
I am gonna go for soft tubing cause I can get as much as I needed for free thanks to my uncle who's a supplier.
And tbh, I will really get freaked out if there's a scratch on the tubes. How long will the soft tubing last?

if your computer is on 24/7, I wouldn't recommend a custom loop cooler solution as you will have moments of downtime to clean, flush, and change parts. Custom loops are high maintenance, however they provide great performance.

most of the time fittings will cost around $40 maybe $50 depending on what you are running, soft or hard tube. as for Radiators, they run about $80 to $100 for a thin low profile rad that is a 360mm setup. Pumps, res and the heatsink are where you will be spending some money as they range from 70 and up.

Custom loop looks cool but dont kid yourself into thinking its for performance unless you get top of the line parts. That 1000$ would upgrade your system to a 3950x and 2080ti air-cooled and that will be much faster than 3900X and 2070s.

1 hour ago, SyedHamed said:

Thanks man. You said everything that I needed to know ❤. My budget for the cooling is around a 1000$.
I am gonna go for soft tubing cause I can get as much as I needed for free thanks to my uncle who's a supplier.
And tbh, I will really get freaked out if there's a scratch on the tubes. How long will the soft tubing last?

Just to weigh in as others have mentioned if this is for mission critical work that cannot have downtime you will want to do an air cooling system or even AIO as the maintenance and time to swap components for custom watercooling is much more intensive. 

As for soft tubing you cannot use hardware store stuff as most will leech plasticizers into the loop and cause clogging, you can however source food grade tubing which will work for watercooling as they do not leech into the fluid. Tubing usually will require changing every time a full tear down and maintenance of the loop is done approx once a year.

17 minutes ago, Jeppes said:

Custom loop looks cool but dont kid yourself into thinking its for performance unless you get top of the line parts. That 1000$ would upgrade your system to a 3950x and 2080ti air-cooled and that will be much faster than 3900X and 2070s.

That's a bargain tbh. I am currently using an AIO. But if the AIO dies, I have to buy the whole thing again. 
That's the thing I wanna avoid. Because if it dies, it's a total waste and nothing to scavange.

3 hours ago, SyedHamed said:

Scratching on the Glass tubing isnt a thing, ofc it is for the PETG stuff.

As for soft tubing , the clear stuff lasts about a year.

Though the opaque stuff u can get away with going longer as u wont notice the 'fogging' of the plastic as it ages.  It will still eventually need replacing though.

CPU: Intel i7 3930k w/OC & EK Supremacy EVO Block | Motherboard: Asus P9x79 Pro  | RAM: G.Skill 4x4 1866 CL9 | PSU: Seasonic Platinum 1000w Corsair RM 750w Gold (2021)|

VDU: Panasonic 42" Plasma | GPU: Gigabyte 1080ti Gaming OC & Barrow Block (RIP)...GTX 980ti | Sound: Asus Xonar D2X - Z5500 -FiiO X3K DAP/DAC - ATH-M50S | Case: Phantek Enthoo Primo White |

Storage: Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SSD + WD Blue 1TB SSD | Cooling: XSPC D5 Photon 270 Res & Pump | 2x XSPC AX240 White Rads | NexXxos Monsta 80x240 Rad P/P | NF-A12x25 fans |

Does pump+cpu block combo exist?
Cause check the comment of Jeppes above. He has a point.

2 hours ago, SolarNova said:

Scratching on the Glass tubing isnt a thing, ofc it is for the PETG stuff.

As for soft tubing , the clear stuff lasts about a year.

Though the opaque stuff u can get away with going longer as u wont notice the 'fogging' of the plastic as it ages.  It will still eventually need replacing though.

1 minute ago, SyedHamed said:

Cause check the comment of Jeppes above. He has a point.

Not a thing afaik. If it does exist, it's probably just a gimmick to make a low quality pump and/or CPU block sell.

3 minutes ago, TacticalTactics said:

Not a thing afaik. If it does exist, it's probably just a gimmick to make a low quality pump and/or CPU block sell.

I'm so afraid now that I have a aio sitting inside my setup. If my dad gets to know that if it dies, it's a brick; he won't buy me another component ever.

7 hours ago, SyedHamed said:

Yes it does. 
https://www.alphacool.com/shop/sets-systeme/eisbaer/20228/alphacool-eisbaer-solo-2600rpm-black

@Whiro tag or quote will do the trick 
i5 3570K @ 4.7Ghz  |  AsRock Fatal1ty Z77 Performance  |  Corsair Vengeance 16GB 1600MHz  |  ASUS Strix GTX 970 OC  |  Phanteks P400S TG  (mesh panel) |  EVGA 500W1  |  Storage: Corsair 60GB SSD (boot), Gigabyte 120GB SSD, WD 2Tb HDD | Cooling: Custom loop

EKWB EK-XRES 140 Revo D5 RGB PWM

EKWB EK Supremacy Evo , naked die

EKWB EK Thermosphere 

EKWB EK CoolStream PE 360

EKWB EK Coolstream SE 120

EKWB EK Vardar 120s  x6

EKWB EK STC Classic 10/16  x10

EKWB EK DuraClear Tubing 16/10

EKWB EK CryoFuel Acid Green

Laptop: Gigabyte G5-KC | i5 10500H | RTX 3060

WHIRO

THE FIRST OF DEATH AND DARKNESS