Find results in...
GDRRiley

Userbenchmark does more shady stuff

Just now, leadeater said:

TS? Drawing a blank on that one.

TechSpot, HU and TechSpot are closely related

Just now, 5x5 said:

TechSpot, HU and TechSpot are closely related

Right, yea knew that just couldn't translate TS in to the name lol.

2 minutes ago, leadeater said:

Right, yea knew that just couldn't translate TS in to the name lol.

All good, btw check the updated topic I just bumped. You'll have a laugh

1 minute ago, 5x5 said:

All good, btw check the updated topic I just bumped. You'll have a laugh

Already read it 😉

I'm good, I've got a few KW of cooling capability in my loop. Still not buying anything until more GPUs come out.

Haven't read the whole thread, not a fan of UB, just some random thoughts.

The 3700X statement was indicated as being made about 9 months ago. That would put it close to launch time. Weren't there ongoing problems with... well, everything Zen 2 at the time? Ram compatibility and general lack of bios maturity, Windows scheduler issues, nvidia driver support of Zen 2. Any of that could have adversely affected results AT THE TIME. Not today, it is pretty solid now.

The 4c4t Intel being "faster" than the 8c16t Zen 2 is harder to understand today. I don't know about the specific titles they mention, but in the DISTANT PAST I might have agreed. I recall my stock 6600k (4c4t) was faster in games I cared about than an OC 1700 (8c16t). But that was in a time before games used much more than 4 cores, and also Zen 2 is a big jump ahead from OG Zen.

The Ryzen 4000 mobile CPU thing, we have one more factor that might be contributing but I've not looked to see if anyone has tried to do a direct comparison with desktop models. To reduce cost the L3 caches of the mobile CPUs are much smaller than the desktop ones we're most familiar with. I have no idea how much impact that might have. Even then, I doubt it is enough to make that much of a difference.

Main system: Asus Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700k stock, Noctua D14, G.Skill Ripjaws V 3200 2x8GB, Gigabyte GTX 1650, Corsair HX750i, In Win 303 NVIDIA, Samsung SM951 512GB, WD Blue 1TB, HP LP2475W 1200p wide gamut

Gaming system: Asrock Z370 Pro4, i7-8086k stock, Noctua D15, Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3200 4x16GB, Asus Strix 1080Ti, Fractal Edison 550W PSU, GameMax Silent, Optane 900p 280GB, Crucial MX200 1TB, Sandisk 960GB, Acer Predator XB241YU 1440p 144Hz G-sync

Gaming system 2: Asus X299 TUF mark 2, 7920X, Noctua D15, Corsair Vengeance RGB 8x8GB, Gigabyte RTX 2070, Corsair HX1000i, Gamemax Abyss, Samsung 960 Evo 512GB, LG OLED55B9PLA

VR system: Asus Z170I Pro Gaming, i7-6700T stock, Scythe Kozuti, Kingston Hyper-X 2666 2x8GB, Zotac 1070 FE, Corsair CX450M, Silverstone SG13, Samsung PM951 256GB, Crucial BX500 1TB, HTC Vive

Gaming laptop: Asus FX503VD, i5-7300HQ, 2x8GB DDR4, GTX 1050, Sandisk 256GB + 480GB SSD

8 hours ago, porina said:

The Ryzen 4000 mobile CPU thing, we have one more factor that might be contributing but I've not looked to see if anyone has tried to do a direct comparison with desktop models. To reduce cost the L3 caches of the mobile CPUs are much smaller than the desktop ones we're most familiar with. I have no idea how much impact that might have. Even then, I doubt it is enough to make that much of a difference.

It's also done to reduce idle power draw. SRAM is extremely difficult to power gate, so simply not having the amount they have on desktop helps.

/r/hardware
/r/intel

/r/amd

All three subreddits officially banned Userbench links, soft ban for /r/AMD.

https://www.reddit.com/r/AMD/wiki/userbenchmark

I wonder if other subs like PCMR will follow suit, probably not. 

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

Was about to post it lol. Guess userbench are going tits up in.

Screenshot_20200418-113705.png

It always amuses me how much stock people put in reddit.   Every time I go there the place is full of school children arguing which dinosaur is the best.    It's like watching a bunch of flat earthers get into a debate about how much curve there actually is across the disc.  My dads better than your dad because he invented the tv that you watched it on sort of thing.

QuicK and DirtY. Read the CoC it's like a guide on how not to be moron.  Also I don't have an issue with the VS series.

Sometimes I miss contractions like n't on the end of words like wouldn't, couldn't and shouldn't.    Please don't be a dick,  make allowances when reading my posts.

12 hours ago, mr moose said:

It always amuses me how much stock people put in reddit.   Every time I go there the place is full of school children arguing which dinosaur is the best.    It's like watching a bunch of flat earthers get into a debate about how much curve there actually is across the disc.  My dads better than your dad because he invented the tv that you watched it on sort of thing.

if a news cycle was a dinner table, reddit would be the toilet at the corner of the room receiving the excrement 

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

On 4/11/2020 at 3:48 AM, valdyrgramr said:

It's not just heat and power consumption comparisons, but the fact that Steve uses more real world application testing over purely synthetic benching.  Steve also bothers to investigate better testing methods to improve on the faults of testing standards.   For example, rather than using blenchmark, or the new synthetic test, he uses things that he actually created.

For me hes borning af to watch, luckily there are people who loves to watch him and to post his results 😊

6 hours ago, Lakobrija said:

For me hes borning af to watch, luckily there are people who loves to watch him and to post his results 😊

I prefer him over most because his info is usually a lot better, and when I am buying new parts for my workstation good information is critical.  I need to see someone actually rendering, not just using blenchmark or the new variant.  I don't watch them to be entertained, and too many of them focus on the entertainment over the actual information.  Or, they don't know what they are doing, so they run synthetic benchmarks.  That's why I don't watch LTT and a few others anymore because they don't focus on good testing methodology, and focus more on entertainment and other aspects that don't really matter.  To be fair, that's not always true, but it is far more true than not.  I do have to give Linus credit as well for stating that he would prefer real world testing over synthetic.  But, I don't ever recall them ever doing that with Blender, Maya, or similar sw.

Bloodshed and the Fenris-Wolf:

| CPU:  Ryzen 9 3900x | CPU Cooler:  Dark Rock Pro 4 | Paste:  Kryonaut | Motherboard:  ASUS ROG x570 Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RAM:  G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 64 GB (4 x 16 GB) DDR4-3200 | Boot Drive:  Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME | Storage Drives:  Crucial MX500 500 GB M.2-2280+Western Digital WD Blue 2 TB 2.5"+Toshiba N300 8 TB 3.5" 7200RPM+Toshiba X300 4 TB 3.5" | GPU:  ZOTAC GAMING GeForce RTX 2080 Ti AMP Extreme Core | Case:  Cooler Master MasterBox MB511 RGB | PSU:  EVGA SuperNOVA G2 750 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply w/CableMod E-Series Cable Kit (Black/Red) | Case Fans:  2 Corsair SP140 49.49 CFM 140 mm Fans | Displays:  BenQ PD2700U 27.0" 3840x2160 60 Hz+Asus TUF Gaming VG27AQ 27.0" 2560x1440 165 Hz+MSI Optix MAG322CR 31.5" 1920x1080 180 Hz | Mouse:  Corsair M65 RGB ELITE | Keyboard:  Ducky Shine 7 Blackout - MK Exclusive First Release - RGB LED Double Shot PBT Mechanical Keyboard with Silent Red Switches | Mousepad:  Gaya Entertainment Oversized Gaming Mousepad Doom | Audio:  AKG K712 PRO Headphones+Audio-Technica ATR2500-USB Cardioid Condenser USB Microphone+Kingston HyperX Cloud II 7.1 Channel Headset+iBasso IT01 Dynamic Driver Audiophile In-Ear Monitors/Earbuds (Black)+Pair of Mackie MR624s(came with stands+isolation pads) | OS:  Windows 10 Pro |

Bifröst(ROG Zephyrus M GU502):

| CPU:  i7-9750h | RAM:  32GB Dual Channel 2666mhz CL 19(Stock+Samsung 16GB DDR4 PC4-21300, 2666MHZ, 260 PIN SODIMM, 1.2V, CL 19 ) | Storage:  1TB SSD with Optane | GPU:  Nvidia RTX 2060 | Display:  144hz 3ms | Mouse:  Corsair M65 Pro |

On 4/18/2020 at 4:47 PM, mr moose said:

Every time I go there the place is full of school children arguing which dinosaur is the best.    It's like watching a bunch of flat earthers get into a debate about how much curve there actually is across the disc.  My dads better than your dad because he invented the tv that you watched it on sort of thing.

Basically UserBench target audience. 

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

5 minutes ago, xAcid9 said:

Basically UserBench target audience. 

Oh the irony, at least they still have top google results, facebook, mentions in a fair number of online mags.  Even notebookcheck still write up tweets and facebook doodles about UBM (in this case ironically about how good the Renoir was performing over Intel).

QuicK and DirtY. Read the CoC it's like a guide on how not to be moron.  Also I don't have an issue with the VS series.

Sometimes I miss contractions like n't on the end of words like wouldn't, couldn't and shouldn't.    Please don't be a dick,  make allowances when reading my posts.