Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
achoosynd

Suggestions for very solid school setup

Posted · Original PosterOP

First post, so thanks in advance for your help! I am going to be starting medical school in a few months and am looking to purchase a laptop, monitors, and peripherals that can reliably last me for the duration of school. All my previous laptops have been macbooks, but I've been using a Dell for work for the past year and have really grown to appreciate the Windows environment for professional use.

For the laptop I am looking for something that roughly meets these criteria:

• 15" range (I currently have a 13" that is not big enough)
  • Preferably windows
  • $1000-2000 price range
  • Good amount of storage
  • Something that will be fast and reliable for years to come
  • Can support photo editing (hence the large storage), some mild gaming, and multitasking
  • Professional look

To go along with this laptop I am looking to get:

• 2-3 monitors in the 24"-27" range or equivalent (I know there are some considerations for more than 2 displays but I'm not particularly familiar with this)
  • Docking station
  • Mouse and keyboard
  • Looking for under $500 total here
10 minutes ago, achoosynd said:

First post, so thanks in advance for your help! I am going to be starting medical school in a few months and am looking to purchase a laptop, monitors, and peripherals that can reliably last me for the duration of school. All my previous laptops have been macbooks, but I've been using a Dell for work for the past year and have really grown to appreciate the Windows environment for professional use.

For the laptop I am looking for something that roughly meets these criteria:

• 15" range (I currently have a 13" that is not big enough)
  • Preferably windows
  • $1000-2000 price range
  • Good amount of storage
  • Something that will be fast and reliable for years to come
  • Can support photo editing (hence the large storage), some mild gaming, and multitasking
  • Professional look

To go along with this laptop I am looking to get:

• 2-3 monitors in the 24"-27" range or equivalent (I know there are some considerations for more than 2 displays but I'm not particularly familiar with this)
  • Docking station
  • Mouse and keyboard

So far the Zephyrus g14 is crazy good value and performance and overal a great laptop (it also has a bigger version called the g15) and both will be available in mid may begin june. For dock you can use a usb c mst dock as it supports displayport over usb c.

The Zephyrus G14's a good choice. If you're looking for a Dell, try the Latitude series. I don't believe they have Ryzen variants yet but they're still good performers.