Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Wadu436

Headphone recommendations

Recommended Posts

Posted · Original PosterOP

Hello,

 

Today my HyperX Cloud finally broke on me, so I'm looking for a new set of headphones. Price range ~100 EUR.

I mostly use them for gaming and listening to music (Mostly Rock and EDM genres).

I don't have any additional audio gear other than the built-in sound card on my motherboard.

 

I don't know a lot about this sort of stuff so if I forgot to mention something, please forgive me.

Link to post
Share on other sites

ATH-M40x are pretty good and should be around that price range since they are 125$ in Canada.


CPU: AMD Ryzen 3600 / GPU: Radeon HD7970 GHz 3GB(upgrade pending) / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
1 minute ago, TetraSky said:

ATH-M40x are pretty good and should be around that price range since they are 125$ in Canada.

Unfortunately those are all sold out on local retailers here (In Belgium).

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Wadu436 said:

Unfortunately those are all sold out on local retailers here (In Belgium).

So it absolutely needs to be sold locally? Any reason why online wouldn't work?

 

If it's local only, we'd need to know what you have available to you.


CPU: AMD Ryzen 3600 / GPU: Radeon HD7970 GHz 3GB(upgrade pending) / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
1 minute ago, TetraSky said:

So it absolutely needs to be sold locally? Any reason why online wouldn't work?

 

If it's local only, we'd need to know what you have available to you.

Ah right I meant local web stores, I suppose I could import them but with corona that might be annoying, and more expensive due to import tariffs.

 

As for web shops here that I could order from:

https://www.coolblue.be/en

https://www.vandenborre.be/nl     

(only available in Dutch/French)

https://www.bol.com/nl/?country=BE&approved=true

(only available in Dutch)

Link to post
Share on other sites

Does Amazon.fr ships to you?

https://www.amazon.fr/Audio-Technica-ATH-M40X-Casque-professionnel-détachable/dp/B00HVLUR54

 

It says they ship to Belgium, so if they do, it might be worth it to at least consider until others chime in with recommendations (if they do anyway...)


CPU: AMD Ryzen 3600 / GPU: Radeon HD7970 GHz 3GB(upgrade pending) / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeaaah Corona is screwing it up for all of us who want to order stuff... And things like shipping headphones or SSDs are not high on their priority list I guess.

 

If you're willing to pay extra, I see that coolblue have the "higher tier" model, the ATH-m50x, but it's 30 euros more than your 100 euro budget, at 130... But they do say "deliver tomorrow".

 

 

Other than that, you can wait for more recommendations, too.

I very much like my ATH-m40x, they are probably my longest lasting headphones to date so far, too.

But I get that they might not be for everyone, especially if you prefer heavy bass over clearer voices or how it has a coiled cable, closed earcups (great to not disturb others, but doesn't provide that "natural sound" BS the audiophiles love to talk about when it comes to open earcups).

You should check some reviews and see if you might like them or not.


CPU: AMD Ryzen 3600 / GPU: Radeon HD7970 GHz 3GB(upgrade pending) / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
22 minutes ago, TetraSky said:

Yeaaah Corona is screwing it up for all of us who want to order stuff... And things like shipping headphones or SSDs are not high on their priority list I guess.

 

If you're willing to pay extra, I see that coolblue have the "higher tier" model, the ATH-m50x, but it's 30 euros more than your 100 euro budget, at 130... But they do say "deliver tomorrow".

 

 

Other than that, you can wait for more recommendations, too.

I very much like my ATH-m40x, they are probably my longest lasting headphones to date so far, too.

But I get that they might not be for everyone, especially if you prefer heavy bass over clearer voices or how it has a coiled cable, closed earcups (great to not disturb others, but doesn't provide that "natural sound" BS the audiophiles love to talk about when it comes to open earcups).

You should check some reviews and see if you might like them or not.

I could spend a bit extra for m50x if needed, but I'll wait for other responses as well. It's not strict 100 EUR.

 

I've used coiled cables on one headset before and it was great imo.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I dont know anything about headphones (Why I am here to find out) but on your problem on ordering: there is a amazon.nl from from the Netherlands.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×